tab0712

Those that interviewed in Juarez

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm am reading thought the packet that is in Spanish and English regarding how to proceed once you are approved of K1 and what to bring for medical, ASC and Interview. 

On the section that talks about compiling documents, right below number 15 it says, "The original Civil Documents will not be returned to the applicant/petitioner after the interview". 

What are they referring too? I thought all originals are given back? What if we need his things like his divorce decree, birth certificate, my birth certificate, and so on. What was your experience?

They kept my husbands birth certificate after the interview I think that is it, the funny thing is they didn't keep the original just the translation. From my understanding they give everything back in your packet with your visa. 

Timeline

Thank you. I think it would be wrong of them to keep any originals. People are moving to a foreign country and they may need these documents in obtaining services/jobs. 

Fingers crossed!

4 hours ago, tab0712 said:

Thank you. I think it would be wrong of them to keep any originals. People are moving to a foreign country and they may need these documents in obtaining services/jobs. 

Fingers crossed!

Yea you're right. Good luck with everything let me know if you have any other  questions.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jessiperaprap said:

Yea you're right. Good luck with everything let me know if you have any other  questions.

Did you go to the interview? If so, where did you stay. Interview is 3 weeks from TODAY!!!!!

Edited by tab0712

Yes we're here now, we're staying at the Ibis. We were skeptical because of the reviews but we got it for $43 a night and we kind of just left it at we're not on a vacation lol.  The hotel is right next to the medical exam place and around the corner from the consular and where you get your fingerprints. It was so convienient we got to the medical exam 6 am and I walked back to the hotel while I waited same with the interview. It's so HOT outside. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jessiperaprap said:

Yes we're here now, we're staying at the Ibis. We were skeptical because of the reviews but we got it for $43 a night and we kind of just left it at we're not on a vacation lol.  The hotel is right next to the medical exam place and around the corner from the consular and where you get your fingerprints. It was so convienient we got to the medical exam 6 am and I walked back to the hotel while I waited same with the interview. It's so HOT outside. 

Sorry for going way over topic but when was the interview? I'm seeing that people who stay in Juarez after they are approved receive their package after 3-4 business days.

1 hour ago, RamStu said:

Sorry for going way over topic but when was the interview? I'm seeing that people who stay in Juarez after they are approved receive their package after 3-4 business days.

His interview was yesterday, some lady that we spoke to told us her interview was Monday and she received packet today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jessiperaprap said:

His interview was yesterday, some lady that we spoke to told us her interview was Monday and she received packet today.

Keep us posted when you receive your packet. Hope you get it soon

2 hours ago, RamStu said:

Keep us posted when you receive your packet. Hope you get it soon

He received it today 👏🏽😁

Timeline
19 hours ago, Jessiperaprap said:

Glad to read you have the packet and this phase is all over for you :)

I made a reservation at the newest hotel, Hotel Extended Suites. We need a pool. Something to do since the mall is the only option close by and we have so many hours to do alot of nothing. 

Overall... everything went well? 

22 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

Glad to read you have the packet and this phase is all over for you :)

I made a reservation at the newest hotel, Hotel Extended Suites. We need a pool. Something to do since the mall is the only option close by and we have so many hours to do alot of nothing. 

Overall... everything went well? 

Yes great option are you close to everything as well? The mall gets boring and you kind of get tired of walking in the heat.  Thank we're so happy to be able to put this behind us. 

34 minutes ago, RamStu said:

Congrats! The wait was 3 days right? Let us know how POE goes and did you pay the GC fee?

Yes we did it's a little confusing but we did before crossing, it only took them less than 48 hrs he got out of his interview Tuesday at 130 pm 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.