ufc_cat

im aproved....!!!!

14 posts in this topic

guess what I received a letter today saying my I-130 was approved....(FEB 28th )to April 9th..42 days...not bad...for IR-1

my petition is being forwaded to the tokyo embassy

-----------------------

So... now what do i do???

----------------------------

Should I contact tokyo??? What about an ETA for my wifes interview???

-------------------------------

What about my pending I-129F Should I try and cancel it my I-129F

----------------------------------

any other advice..???

Thanks again...........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

USCIS uses a form letter that indicate that the petition is on it's way to the consulate, but it is not exactly correct, it first goes to NVC before NVC and NVC sends it to the consulate. If you are doing CR-1 visa, NVC will send you a packet and instructions of what needs to be done next.

A few weeks after you have received your last Notice of Action indicating the approval and forwarding of your I-130 application to the NVC, the NVC will send your relative a packet of forms that you and your relative must fill out before your relative can be given an interview date with a consulate abroad. The packet will likely contain an Of-169 form, and an Of-230 part one and two forms that must be filled out by the intending immigrant. An I-864 form is also included that must be filled out by the petitioner (living in the US). The I-864 is the Affidavit of Support form that requires copies of the petitioners past 3 U.S tax returns (or tax transcripts which are free from the IRS) as well as any bank or financial records available (see the I-864 for exact requirements based on your case). The petitioner must make at least 125% above the U.S federal poverty to indicate to the U.S government that the intending immigrant will not become a federal charge to the government when he/she arrives in the U.S.. If the petitioner cannot meet these requirements, then he/she must still file an I-864, and find a joint sponsor who can meet the requirements on his/her own. When a joint sponsor is needed ,proof of their U.S citizenship or permanent residency is required. (i.e. copy of birth certificate, immigration status etc). The joint sponsor must be residing in the U.S, and he/she must also submit his/her past 3 years U.S tax returns along with bank or any other financial records available. The joint sponsor must submit his/her own I-864 form to accompany the petitioner's I-864 form.

Forms that may be either sent back (or requested to be gathered and kept for the interview) to the NVC or the consulate abroad (depending upon which consulate you are going through) before an interview date with a consulate abroad can be scheduled are as follows:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

Calling the consulate will only result in them saying that they don't know what you are talking about, and confusion.

The I-129F may have been filed late, or it may hold up the I-130 at the USCIS. If you cancel it at this point it may also be interpreted to cancel the I-130 too. You may want to let it move through the system and see which reaches the consulate first.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

According to another poster (Yorak I think), "approved" doesn't mean approved in the usual sense.

The Embassy - according to this poster - actually approves the visa.

So, I suppose that "approved" means, in this case, that the paperwork was OK and was forwarded to the NVC who will again "approve" it as OK and then send it to the Embassy for approval (after the interview which must be passed) before final "approval".

Does that make sense? :)

guess what I received a letter today saying my I-130 was approved....(FEB 28th )to April 9th..42 days...not bad...for IR-1

my petition is being forwaded to the tokyo embassy

-----------------------

So... now what do i do???

----------------------------

Should I contact tokyo??? What about an ETA for my wifes interview???

-------------------------------

What about my pending I-129F Should I try and cancel it my I-129F

----------------------------------

any other advice..???

Thanks again...........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yea quick for real...Congrats!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

I got an update.

My wife checked the mail today and we received some info from TOKYO in English and Japanese. So..it looks like my case is now in Tokyo...because we received a large packet of info...so..it looks like im doing DCF now...

i dont know all the specifics im not at home but away on business until sunday.....but i did get my wife to scan a copy of the cover letter ....basically Congrats....you IMM.. Visa has been approved and if i(my wife) would like to be admitted into US as a LPR...i need to be begin applying for my(my wifes) IMM..Visa...

So...I assume this means, i just need to gather all the specific documents and go to the interview.IS this right??

Has one received this before??

Thanks again

I just got back to my apartment and I was able to see the info we received from Tokyo.

The large envelope was address to my wife in ENGLISH and Japanese.

The 1st page was basically telling her to apply for immigration to the US.

This page included her Case Number, Preference Category IR1, Priority date FEB 28, 2007(whats this)

Page 2 Immigrant Visa Instructions (dated april 17,2007)It basically says go to the website and print out the docs)

Page 3 photo copy page about police records in China

Page 4(4pages stapled together) (titled: please take note)documents required..basically saying to submit original documents or notarized/certified copy)Then there is a list of documents with a check boxes and we must include beneficiary proof of birth and other(written in RED INK)English TranslationPage 2(documents..about China)page 3(birth Certificates about china(page 3)continues)

Page 5 DS-230 part 1 with her IR-1 case number and stamped return asap

Page 6 DS-230 part 2 with her IR-1 case number and stamped return asap

So....i guess, i gather the necessary docs from the website, schedule an interview via the website,go the interview and we should have the visa. Is this right???

Has anyone else received this???

Congratulations! It must be at the NVC for about 3 months before NVC completes the case and forwards it to the Embassy/onsulate.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.