bLaZeeee

G-325A along with New I-129 Form

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I just signed up for Visajourney today! This forum has been very helpful so far. I have a lot of questions and I don't know where to start. So here it goes:

My fiance and I are still waiting for my annulment to get finalized so we can file the k1 visa. But in the meantime, we have been preparing all the documentations and requirements. We have completed most of the requirements already, then recently, USCIS issued a new I-129 Form (13 pages). And the form we are used to is the old one (6 pages). Now, in the old I-129, it required us to attach a G-325A form (Biographic Information), but with the new 13-page I-129 form, all the questions that are in G-325A are already in there (employment history, address history, etc). We have not submitted an I-129 yet. 

Anybody here filing for K1 using the new form??

1. Do we need to attach a G-325A along with the new 13-page I-129form?

2. We still haven't decided on how to compile the documents. Did you guys use a clearbook with tabs? Or like an envelope with partitions and tabs? 

3. Do we need to send an I-134 (Evidence of Support) along with the I-129 form?? or I-134 should be brought on the interview only?

4. We have so many chats, call logs and pictures. How many screenshots and pictures should we send? Im afraid it'll overwhelm the USCIS officer if we send too many of them. 

5. Im from the Philippines and we have read that Joint Sponsorship isnt allowed here, but that's not confirmed because the site where we read it from isnt really an official site. He has enough evidence of support but his mom wants to make sure that our petition is really strong and wants to be a joint sponsor. She wants to fill out an I-134, too. Is this possible for K1 applicants from the Philippines?

6. My lawyer stated that there would be a lot of documents from the court regarding the annullment of my previous marriage. What specific document do we need to send along with the I-129F? 

7. I have a 6-year old son. He'll turn 7 on November. Does he also need to attend the interview when the time comes?

8. The police certificate that US embassy requires after they send the Packet 3, is that a police certificate from the current address only?? or ALL the addresses that I lived in since age 16?? I grew up in Negros Occidental and moved to Manila when I was 19. I have lived in Paranaque, Quezon City, Marikina and Pasig (current). Do I need to get a police certificate from ALL these cities?? Note: Police Certificates are only valid for 30 days 

9. We are thinking about mailing him the Intent to Marry (since it needs to be original with signature) and leave the date blank. Then he can just fill out the date when the Annulment documents are ready. Do you think it is a good idea?

Im sorry.. I know that's a lot of questions. But I know you understand that we are just being cautious and want to make sure everything goes smoothly. Im looking forward for your help guys! Thank you

1. No need for G-325A anymore.
  2. No need for clear book. It's a hassle for the person who needs to disassemble your package for scanning. Tabs are fine.
  3. I-134 + evidence are only needed at the K-1 interview.
  4. You can frontload your petition if you want to. Otherwise, select a few stuff from each period or category.
  5. Not sure about joint sponsors for US embassy in Manila.
  6. The official document that states your marriage has been annulled, I'd guess.
  7. If you're filing a K-2 for him with your K-1, yes he needs to be at the interview. He also needs a separate DS-160 at the embassy visa application stage.
  8. Police certificates everywhere, unfortunately :(
  9. You can do that but since my fiance and I decided to use a more time specific shipping service, we knew when documents from me would reach him and when we'd want him to send the complete package to USCIS so we pretty much pre-dated the letters in advance.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

@Emma310 Check out this link https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html

Unfortunately, no, we filed with the old form back in March 2017. Now I'm stuck with having to use new forms for the other stages and processes :jest: Did you have questions about the new I-129F?

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Everything has already been answered perfectly by KULtoATL, and I don't know about 5 either but, regarding the police clearance certificate, you need one for each COUNTRY you have lived, not for different cities in the same one. I assume the information is nation wide as here and apparently everywhere?

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

2 hours ago, Emma310 said:

5. Im from the Philippines and we have read that Joint Sponsorship isnt allowed here, but that's not confirmed because the site where we read it from isnt really an official site. He has enough evidence of support but his mom wants to make sure that our petition is really strong and wants to be a joint sponsor. She wants to fill out an I-134, too. Is this possible for K1 applicants from the Philippines?

Joint sponsors for the I-134 at USEM are on a case by case basis. If the joint sponsor is a close family member, they are more inclined to accept it. That said, the COs there rarely request the I-134...but you absolutely should bring it and all supporting evidence because they may request it and you don't want to delay the process by having to send it later.

If you make reasonably above 125% of the poverty level and don't have any unusual circumstances (i.e. illness that requires expensive treatment), then a joint sponsor really isn't necessary.

Edit:

8) There's only1 police clearance necessary for each country that you have lived in for at least 6 months. The exceptions are few and far between (i.e. I believe India does theirs in each province). And they are normally valid for 6 months for the K-1. For PI, you would get an NBI certificate (same thing...different name).

9) That shouldn't be an issue, but keep in mind the letter of intent to marry from the beneficiary doesn't need a wet signature. She can print, sign, scan, and send to you to print.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

@KULtoATL

Yes. I do have questions on how to fill out the new forms. The questions are simple but how to fill it out is complicated. Im gonna post answer forum question for that one separately. 

@Estibaliz

Thank you! Yeah,, that's what I've read too.. police certificate from each COUNTRY. However though, here in the Philippines each city issues a police certificate from the city hall. I dont think their data base is centralized either. Im not sure.

@geowrian

Thank you! I've always wondered about the I-134 and thank God you clarified it. And it doesn't need to be notarized when I bring it to the interview, does it? 

I saw your K1 visa timeline. So you submitted your petition on December 2016, right? Did you use the new 13-page I-129 form? I dont know when USCIS started using the new form. 

8) So you're from the Philippines as well and is awaiting interview date. Im assuming you just submitted an NBI clearance (just one) and not a police clearance (from each city), and that was fine. Is that correct?

9) We called USCIS and they said the signature on the Intent to Marry letter should be a wet signature. I read this forum yesterday (See link below), and it seems like the signature being wet or scanned depends on the adjudicator. Some are strict and some are easy. So we want to be safe and send the original. 

1 hour ago, Emma310 said:

@geowrian

Thank you! I've always wondered about the I-134 and thank God you clarified it. And it doesn't need to be notarized when I bring it to the interview, does it? 

I saw your K1 visa timeline. So you submitted your petition on December 2016, right? Did you use the new 13-page I-129 form? I dont know when USCIS started using the new form. 

8) So you're from the Philippines as well and is awaiting interview date. Im assuming you just submitted an NBI clearance (just one) and not a police clearance (from each city), and that was fine. Is that correct?

9) We called USCIS and they said the signature on the Intent to Marry letter should be a wet signature. I read this forum yesterday (See link below), and it seems like the signature being wet or scanned depends on the adjudicator. Some are strict and some are easy. So we want to be safe and send the original.

Correct. From the I-134 instructions:

"Signing Form I-134 is under penalty of perjury under U.S. law. For this reason, it is not necessary to sign Form I-134 before a notary, or to have your signature notarized after you sign it."

The 13-page I-129F didn't exist at the time I filed. :P That version came out on 4/10/17 (the edition date is in the lower left corner). The previous version was still accepted up until sometime in early June (I don't recall the exact date).

8) Yup. Interview is on Thursday. Well, to be precise, it's my fiancee's interview. I'm the petitioner. But I'm flying out to PI in a few hours to there with her for it. Yes, that's right - she just sends the NBI clearance for PI. She worked in KSA so she has a police clearance from there as well.

9) There's nothing wrong with getting a wet signature and having that extra level of comfort. However, nobody has received an RFE for that in several years now. Be very careful with information that is not recent...a lot has change since 2009. While immigration is really slow to move in large pieces, it moves quite quickly in small ways.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline

@geowrian

Thank you so much! That is really comforting that I dont need to go to each city that I have lived in to get a police certificate. Considering the traffic and how slow transaction times are here. 

That's what we are planning to do, too. To have him come over here in Ph and be with me on the interview date. They say it's not required but being there for us will help us and the application as well. Good luck to you guys! :D:) 

Im still trying to look for a member here who has used the new form for their application. Do you know anyone? :huh::jest:

1 hour ago, Emma310 said:

@geowrian

Thank you so much! That is really comforting that I dont need to go to each city that I have lived in to get a police certificate. Considering the traffic and how slow transaction times are here. 

That's what we are planning to do, too. To have him come over here in Ph and be with me on the interview date. They say it's not required but being there for us will help us and the application as well. Good luck to you guys! :D:) 

Im still trying to look for a member here who has used the new form for their application. Do you know anyone? :huh::jest:

I hear ya with traffic... haha

Right. USEM is pretty simple, but it's definitely good if he can be there with you. Thank you!

Sorry, but there's nobody I can refer you to specifically that has used the new form. Many members have, but none that I know personally.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.