Rodziac

I got lost

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I have been lurking around these forums since we have sent in our K1 visa application back in December and first of all I would like to say most people here, if not everyone, is amazing and really helpful and nice and really supportive, I have never seen an online community quite like it!

That being said, I have a question for you guys, we have come so far in our application and got to a point where all visa information the embassy, NVC, or any visa help site provides shows different information and I am so confused!

Let me tell you our status first so you guys can help me better (You can also check my timeline, it is up to date):

We filled out our I-127F forms way back and sent in evidence and everything and completed the initial application process.

It got forwarded to NVC, NVC processed the application (I got a code from them) and sent it to the Embassy in Turkey (where I am right now, I am the beneficiary)

My fiancee in the USA got a letter from the NVC telling her that the application was forwarded to the Embassy in Turkey.

The last update for my application in the NVC tracking page shows last update was June 23rd, the status shows "READY" and says that the application was forwarded to the Embassy in Turkey.

And here is where I got stuck.

The informative documents in interview page of NVC give a really general information that some of them does not apply to me and some of them does, and some other places say that I should be waiting for a package from my embassy? I'm totally stuck what to do in the current situation.

I filled in the DS-160 form and completed it, I got -almost- everything ready for the interview other than the medical examination and couple other things.

Should I wait to register for my application online? Didn't NVC already set an interview date for me that I am -supposedly- going to receive in the package that the Embassy is going to send me?

If I should register for the interview online, which option(s) should I choose? It says "if you do not have this information, stop now, you might pick the wrong one!" so I didn't continue that process.

I also didn't have any luck trying to get in to the Form DS-260 page, what information do I need to enter?

I hope you guys can help, I got so frustrated and confused with the information bombardment and when I e-mailed the embassy for help I didn't even get any response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

You should get a package from the Embassy with further instructions take a deep breath and let it our, it's going as it is suppose too..... you will get a package and instructions... don't try to over think it all..... I know easier said than done but your near the end of this step...... you don't do the DS 260 yet that is later, only the DS 160 and you need information that will be in that packet to complete the DS 160 I think, I am behind you in the process and I am the Sponsor, I am going to go to the interview in singapore, but have faith in your universe of LOVE.... be patient and wait for the package 

K-1 Visa

03/06/17- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/09/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

03/12/17 - Check cashed
03/14/17 - NOA1 Text and Email. Case to California office
03/16/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
xx/xx/17- NOA2 Text and Email Never came 
06/26/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received and it is still has no message on the USCIS site
07/1817 - NVC Received I-129F 
07/19/17 - Case Number Received I called 3x and it had been
07/21/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
07/24/17 - Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

07/26/17   Embassy sends Packet 3 registered mail

07/27/17   Returned Package 3 to Embassy 
08/01/17 - Medical 

08/15/17   I fly to Singapore to see him and be at the consulate with him for interview
08/23/17 - Interview 

8/23/17     Adminstrative processing for an original receipt for the DS 160 payment

9/13/17     2nd Interview

9/13/17      Admin Processing for name change, name was out of order Asian name put in American order and it was wrong on I 134

also need a Police Clearance from Australia,  he went to school there in 2008 need to prove was not there more than 12 months                           could not prove as it was 3 passports ago... so delay to get police clearance

11/6/17       Status updated to ISSUED

ds
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Visa in Hand =)
09/19/17 - Long Beach Home... this is my return date, he will join me on this flight if the K1 Approved

Timeline
1 minute ago, Clint&chai said:

You should get a package from the Embassy with further instructions take a deep breath and let it our, it's going as it is suppose too..... you will get a package and instructions... don't try to over think it all..... I know easier said than done but your near the end of this step...... you don't do the DS 260 yet that is later, only the DS 160 and you need information that will be in that packet to complete the DS 160 I think, I am behind you in the process and I am the Sponsor, I am going to go to the interview in singapore, but have faith in your universe of LOVE.... be patient and wait for the package 

Thank you for your reply and kind words, it really boosted my spirits and gave me confidence that I am not delaying things by waiting for the package :) 
I hope your process and interview goes well and you will be with your loved one soon!

The information differs because each embassy has a little bit different procedures. In one way or another you will be sent instructions though (packet 3) either by post or email depending on embassy. You can search for the specifics for the Ankara embassy. You can go ahead and fill in the DS-160 though it will ask for case number or similar for which you can use either the NVC number (that you can get by calling them and asking for it or and will also get with the package if you wait for that first) OR you can use the NOA2 number for it - it doesn't matter which. Booking of interview is never done by NVC for K1s only for other immigration visas. The K1 is a special dual intent visa and as such the processing is completed at each embassy and not at the NVC. Therefore how you book will depend on the embassy so again you will have to find out if the embassy in Ankara books it for you or if you yourself book online.In either case you will not book until you get the instructions.

You are on the right track! Good Luck :)

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Like others have said the process can be a little different for each Embassy. Use this link for further information on processing through Turkey https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/. There you will find most of the answers to your questions.  Also, check out the forum for Turkey where other might be of assistance. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/91-asia-south/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
16 hours ago, Suss&Camm said:

The information differs because each embassy has a little bit different procedures. In one way or another you will be sent instructions though (packet 3) either by post or email depending on embassy. You can search for the specifics for the Ankara embassy. You can go ahead and fill in the DS-160 though it will ask for case number or similar for which you can use either the NVC number (that you can get by calling them and asking for it or and will also get with the package if you wait for that first) OR you can use the NOA2 number for it - it doesn't matter which. Booking of interview is never done by NVC for K1s only for other immigration visas. The K1 is a special dual intent visa and as such the processing is completed at each embassy and not at the NVC. Therefore how you book will depend on the embassy so again you will have to find out if the embassy in Ankara books it for you or if you yourself book online.In either case you will not book until you get the instructions.

You are on the right track! Good Luck :)

5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Like others have said the process can be a little different for each Embassy. Use this link for further information on processing through Turkey https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/. There you will find most of the answers to your questions.  Also, check out the forum for Turkey where other might be of assistance. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/91-asia-south/

Thank you guys for your replies! I have checked the tr us embassy's page for more information, it says I should get an email from the embassy, which I didn't receive one yet. I tried to contact the embassy but none of the two numbers provided in the site can give me any information, they bounce me back and forth telling the other number should have the information about it.
I'll wait for a couple of more days until I get an email from them and see where that takes me.

If I don't get any response I guess I'll try to contact the embassy again....

Thanks again :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.