zeta054

I-751 July 2017 Filers

3,068 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 9/27/2018 at 10:54 AM, DeeDee123 said:

Hi all, long time lurker here. I am not big on posting, but I wanted to give hope to the California filers. My husband filed on 7/14/17. Back in March there was an update that the case was moved to a local office. Last night we got an update alert that his card was being produced :)  Today another update that his ROC case was approved (a little backward yes, but we'll take it). He had no interview. Good luck to all those still waiting! 

My hubby got his card in the mail last Thursday, 10/4. So ,the total time from we got the alert that he was approved on 9/27 until he got his card was about 1 week 😮 

2 minutes ago, DeeDee123 said:

My hubby got his card in the mail last Thursday, 10/4. So ,the total time from we got the alert that he was approved on 9/27 until he got his card was about 1 week 😮 

Thanks. My status says that my case transfer to local office so I'm so worry about interviewing. It's relief to know that your husband case was transfer either but he did not have a interview.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Thaotran said:

Thanks. My status says that my case transfer to local office so I'm so worry about interviewing. It's relief to know that your husband case was transfer either but he did not have a interview.

I'm not sure it was ever really transferred. We never got an actual letter in the mail saying that it moved out of Cali. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Still waiting for my wife's green card.  Filed 25 July 2017 Vermont.  Last update was case was transferred to my local office (Pittsburgh, PA) on 9 April 2018.  Extension letter expires on 24 Oct 2018.  I have an appointment in Pittsburgh on 15 Oct 2018.  Will need to make a hotel reservation as we have to drive over 4 hours to get to Pittsburgh.  Don't want to make a reservation unless I need to.  But if we don't hear anything by Wednesday 10 October 2018 I will have to.  15 October 2018 is also my wife's 31st birthday and would rather not spend it with her doing this but we have no choice.  I have to take a day off from work as does my wife.  it really screws up the secret shopping plans I had for her birthday as well but what can we do

2 minutes ago, Bob1963 said:

Still waiting for my wife's green card.  Filed 25 July 2017 Vermont.  Last update was case was transferred to my local office (Pittsburgh, PA) on 9 April 2018.  Extension letter expires on 24 Oct 2018.  I have an appointment in Pittsburgh on 15 Oct 2018.  Will need to make a hotel reservation as we have to drive over 4 hours to get to Pittsburgh.  Don't want to make a reservation unless I need to.  But if we don't hear anything by Wednesday 10 October 2018 I will have to.  15 October 2018 is also my wife's 31st birthday and would rather not spend it with her doing this but we have no choice.  I have to take a day off from work as does my wife.  it really screws up the secret shopping plans I had for her birthday as well but what can we do

Thanks for replying. I was so worry about my case status say case was received at my local office. I have read a lot post and a lot people have same issue. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The problem is the reality if you don't have something in writing by the date the extension letter expires you are "technically" now an illegal immigrant cause you have now over stayed with out getting approval in writing.  It sucks for me because I work for the Federal Government and as a federal employee I can be  fired for violating federal law (I would be harboring some one who has over stayed there VISA).  My main anger is we are well under 30 days.  The Government needs to send out some kind of extension letter cause technically I have to have a plane ticket back to the Philippine's by 23 Oct 2018

32 minutes ago, Bob1963 said:

Hold on!!! 😑😒. You last update says what? “Case received by local office on 9 April 2018” or “Case transfered and new office has jurisdiction “. And one last question. Did you received an actual letter in the mail confirming this? 

26 minutes ago, Bob1963 said:

The problem is the reality if you don't have something in writing by the date the extension letter expires you are "technically" now an illegal immigrant cause you have now over stayed with out getting approval in writing.  It sucks for me because I work for the Federal Government and as a federal employee I can be  fired for violating federal law (I would be harboring some one who has over stayed there VISA).  My main anger is we are well under 30 days.  The Government needs to send out some kind of extension letter cause technically I have to have a plane ticket back to the Philippine's by 23 Oct 2018

Call uscis ask for a superior officer and explain the situation. He’ll probably tell you to get a stamp... but hey we never know with this people. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Bob1963 said:

there did you get that??!! That's absolutely not true. 

An expiration of your green card or an extension letter has nothing to do with expiration of your status. You ARE still an LPR and your status is not "expired". You just don't have a proof of the status. That's it. And as long as you don't have to travel oversees or to renew your driver license - you don't really have to worry about having the proof. And actually there is no problem with that either - schedule an Infopass appointment and get your passport stamped with I-551. Then - feel free to fly where you want/need to. 

Edited by Ksenia_O

26 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

there did you get that??!! That's absolutely not true. 

An expiration of your green card or an extension letter has nothing to do with expiration of your status. You ARE still an LPR and your status is not "expired". You just don't have a proof of the status. That's it. And as long as you don't have to travel oversees or to renew your driver license - you don't really have to worry about having the proof. And actually there is no problem with that either - schedule an Infopass appointment and get your passport stamped with I-551. Then - feel free to fly where you want/need to. 

Exactly she is 100% right. 

Edited by NYCBoy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
5 hours ago, Bob1963 said:

I’m a little lost here. Why didn’t u go to get a stamp on ur passport? And how do u work for the gov of if u are not a citizen? 🤔 

Edited by Mrs_Lyds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mrs_Lyds said:

I’m a little lost here. Why didn’t u go to get a stamp on ur passport? And how do u work for the gov of if u are not a citizen? 🤔 

Was going to ask the same. You have to be a citizen to be able to work for government,  or at least a 10 years green card holder (like USPS accepts if you are an LPR) . Even to sign up for military now a 10 years green card is a must (there was a time when a  conditional card was ok for some branches) .

Edited by Ksenia_O

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.