7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband was denied his CR1 visa.  It went through the channels and has been reaffirmed.  His second interview is coming up next month in August.

My question is:  He was denied while we were married under 2 years.  We have now been married more than 3 years.  Does anyone have experience in how this may affect the outcome of his interview and / or getting issued his visa?

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why was the original visa denied? Whatever the main cause of that one can still come back up during another interview and cause same outcome regardless of CR-1 or IR-1.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

Why was the original visa denied? Whatever the main cause of that one can still come back up during another interview and cause same outcome regardless of CR-1 or IR-1.

We never found out the exact reason because my attorney filed a Request for Action (or something along those lines) where I submitted a LOT of extra information, based solely on what my husband told me went on in the interview - so I knew the issues that the CO harped on.  All this information was submitted, an NOIR was never issued, and his file was reaffirmed.  So we are going by what the CO harped on, and on the checklist for denial, nothing at all was checked.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well that's good then. Making sure to address what issues there were with the interview is key. Again CR-1 to IR-1 doesn't have a lot of bearing I don't believe; but making sure to take care issues from the first time is most important. So as long as he goes in well prepared for the interview, should be fine; but have to just wait and see also.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
On 6/28/2017 at 2:47 PM, Ben&Zian said:

Well that's good then. Making sure to address what issues there were with the interview is key. Again CR-1 to IR-1 doesn't have a lot of bearing I don't believe; but making sure to take care issues from the first time is most important. So as long as he goes in well prepared for the interview, should be fine; but have to just wait and see also.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/28/2017 at 8:12 AM, lutz said:

My husband was denied his CR1 visa.  It went through the channels and has been reaffirmed.  His second interview is coming up next month in August.

My question is:  He was denied while we were married under 2 years.  We have now been married more than 3 years.  Does anyone have experience in how this may affect the outcome of his interview and / or getting issued his visa?

Thank you.

How long did u wait to hear about ur interview once reaffirmed?

Timeline
13 hours ago, dmh59 said:

How long did u wait to hear about ur interview once reaffirmed?

His case was reaffirmed in December 2016.  The embassy didn't log it in until March 2017.  From there I had to email the embassy to find out what was going on.  They told my husband to come it and get his interview date.  That was in May 2017 and his interview is scheduled for early August 2017.  Hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.