Pink_Waters

Anybody has been in a similar situation can advice me? -Egypt

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello guys, 

I posted days ago a topic in the general IR-1/CR-1 section, looking for advice on our current situation.

I got a few replies there but I was curious if somebody from Egypt had a similar situation that can give me an insight or advice, it would be more helpful I think due to the fact that every consulate is different.

Here is my original Post

Thanks guys in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm not going through the Egypt group obviously and hopefully you will get some more country specific help from those who have been through the embassy but I do think the advice you got the other day was spot on. 

With getting married the first time you met and not seeing each other since, it will be very difficult to prove your relationship. 

You can't change it now of course but I vote for her being there for the interview if she's coming again. I don't think she can go into the interview with you but you could take her passport showing she is there. 

I hope I am wrong and everything works out just fine, but I fear at this time it may be too late to change an outcome. 

Timeline

Thank you for replying,

Well, I think we have still time till interview maybe 5-6 months or who knows maybe more.

I am just not sure if planning a visit soon would be better so our time apart since last visit does not get way too long, or just let her come instead during the interview if it will be more sensible...

I am not really sure...

For the interview, you should find out if she is allowed to go to the interview with you. It varies by consulate. Otherwise she will be waiting outside so there might not be a lot of difference between visiting early or at the interview.  

Is your name on the property she bought? It might not be possible if you are out of the country, but if it has both of your names on it, you could present that as evidence. If you contributed your savings towards that, also provide proof, because it shows in mixed finances.

Have you met their family? If they like you, they could write a letter of support. 

Basically, start collecting evidence of the marriage. 

If she can be with you during the interview, I think it would be best. It will raise red flags that you have been apart during this entire time of your marriage and that you met only once, but it doesn't mean that you will not get approved. 

Have as much proof as possible of your conversations, how you communicate. If she can come for a visit, have it during the time you are expected to have an interview, if she's only able to come once. Have the proofs that you both have bought a house in the US, which is the primary reason of her not affording the trip to you. Have as many proofs that she met your family when she was here at the time of your marriage. 

All in all just be honest. Have faith and have as much proofs as you can. I wish for you both success and to be together soon. 

Timeline

Thanks so much for you reply,

My name is with hers on the contract of the house, so I can bring the contract with me to the interview if that would help.

Also we keep a copy of all our conversations and also 2 screenshots per month of our video calls. and a growing list of our 24/7 video/audio calls with date and duration.

Also I presented with our I-130, Along with communication evidence, documents showing me being a beneficiary on her auto insurance and life insurance, plus wedding photos and other photos of us being together and with my family.

7 minutes ago, Pink_Waters said:

Thanks so much for you reply,

My name is with hers on the contract of the house, so I can bring the contract with me to the interview if that would help.

Also we keep a copy of all our conversations and also 2 screenshots per month of our video calls. and a growing list of our 24/7 video/audio calls with date and duration.

Also I presented with our I-130, Along with communication evidence, documents showing me being a beneficiary on her auto insurance and life insurance, plus wedding photos and other photos of us being together and with my family.

That sounds great. :) Hopefully so soon she will come here for a visit so you two can see one another face to face. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.