Jump to content
Hicknick

DCF for Rome. Italy to america

31 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

So a few months back I was searching for some help and answers for the process with the DCF Rome and Naples. I searched and searched and I could only find Italy to U.K.. after giving up trying to do research on here I took matters in my own hands. After researching and completing my wife's petition; double checking and triple checking to see if the information is correct and accurate and also making two extra copies of the full packet. I was finally ready to send it. I sent it on May 4th 2017 and it was approved June 8th 2017 without any RFE's or delays. I received the hard copy June 17th 2017. But they misspelled the beneficiary's last name so I emailed them and now the hard copy number two is on the way. Right now we are waiting to hear a response from Naples regarding part 2 of the process but if anyone needs some info on part one of the petition feel free to ask. If people needs it I can post the outline of the packet so whoever needs it can use it. Just ask! I'm here to help 😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a couple VJ'ers actively doing DCF in Italy who've posted recently so you're not alone now. Thanks for sharing your experience! :thumbs:


03639.png                  

 🇷🇺  ♥  CR-1 via DCF in Moscow (2016-2017) 🇺🇸  Read about my DCF experience here and here.

Spoiler

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad 👩‍❤️‍👨
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Embassy
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

 

I-90 GC Replacment (for Erroneous GC)

22-Jul-2017: GC arrives in the mail – middle name is cut off 😕

01-Aug-2017: Sent in I-90 online via website

05-Aug-2017: Biometrics scheduled

23-Aug-2017: Biometrics done @ USCIS office; told to keep GC!

16-Jul-2018: RFE for original card!! 🤬

31-Jul-2018: USCIS Appointment at local field office..

22-Aug-2018: Mailed GC back to USCIS in response to RFE

29-Aug-2018: GC received by USCIS

17-Sept-2018: Received CORRECTED GC in the mail! Finally!! 😂

 

📑 I-751 Removal of Conditions (2019-???) 📝

Spoiler

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

??-???-2019: TBA...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2017 at 2:26 PM, Hicknick said:

So a few months back I was searching for some help and answers for the process with the DCF Rome and Naples. I searched and searched and I could only find Italy to U.K.. after giving up trying to do research on here I took matters in my own hands. After researching and completing my wife's petition; double checking and triple checking to see if the information is correct and accurate and also making two extra copies of the full packet. I was finally ready to send it. I sent it on May 4th 2017 and it was approved June 8th 2017 without any RFE's or delays. I received the hard copy June 17th 2017. But they misspelled the beneficiary's last name so I emailed them and now the hard copy number two is on the way. Right now we are waiting to hear a response from Naples regarding part 2 of the process but if anyone needs some info on part one of the petition feel free to ask. If people needs it I can post the outline of the packet so whoever needs it can use it. Just ask! I'm here to help 😇

Hi Hicknick,

we recently started DCF in Italy as well. We got married 2 years ago in Colorado and now live in Italy. After living here for a while we decided we'd like to move back to the US, as we feel more at home in Colorado than we do here.

 

We sent our I-130 petition on June 20, 2017. After not having heard from the USCIS field office in Rome whether or not they received the petition, we called and they said that they received it on June 22 and were going to start the review on June 28. Since then we haven't heard. I am hoping we will get an NOA soon (we are sitting on needles here, since we have read so much about how fast DCF in Italy is and that people usually get their NOA2 within about 3 weeks).

 

Did you ever get an NOA1? 

Were you notified by email?

 

Keep me updated on your process. What do you mean by waiting to hear back from Naples about part 2? Have you scheduled your interview yet?

 

So many questions... :)

 

Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I never received the NOA1 through email but I did receive the noa2 through mail. The letter showed it was signed the 8 of June and I received it on the 27th. I live near Venezia.

 

we heard back from Naples about three weeks ago. After the petition is approved in Rome it is sent to Naples so they can give u further instructions.

 

we haven't make the appointment yet in Naples because we have to gather our documents and wait for some to be sent from the states. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hicknick said:

Hey I never received the NOA1 through email but I did receive the noa2 through mail. The letter showed it was signed the 8 of June and I received it on the 27th. I live near Venezia.

 

we heard back from Naples about three weeks ago. After the petition is approved in Rome it is sent to Naples so they can give u further instructions.

 

we haven't make the appointment yet in Naples because we have to gather our documents and wait for some to be sent from the states. 

Thanks for the insight. We live not too far from you...we are from Alto Adige.

 

Good luck for you! Keep us posted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Qick question: I'll be the beneficiary in this process and I'm italian. Did I need to translate all my documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, identity card, common residence...) in english or is it fine to attached them in italian?

Thanks for your help!

 

Vale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we had to have a translator translate them. Just someone who is good in both the languages. Can be friend or whoever and have them write the statement saying it's correct. And the marriage certificate and birth certificate should be on an international form. So that's good by itself. And the common residence I think it was certificato di stato famiglia. That has to be translated by a translator or anyone.. etc. that's about it. Everything besides the medical report has to have an English translation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vale said:

Qick question: I'll be the beneficiary in this process and I'm italian. Did I need to translate all my documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, identity card, common residence...) in english or is it fine to attached them in italian?

Thanks for your help!

 

Vale

Ciao Vale,

 

we just applied last week in Rome ( I'm Italian, my husband American ). If you go to your Comune, they should be able to print the marriage certificate and your birth certificate in multi language. I attached my passport copy and I didn't translate that one. My husband is in the military so it's different for us for the residence but maybe the Comune could give you the multi language version of that too. Go and ask, it's way easier. Good luck to all of  us waiting :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, Katherina said:

Hi Hicknick,

we recently started DCF in Italy as well. We got married 2 years ago in Colorado and now live in Italy. After living here for a while we decided we'd like to move back to the US, as we feel more at home in Colorado than we do here.

 

We sent our I-130 petition on June 20, 2017. After not having heard from the USCIS field office in Rome whether or not they received the petition, we called and they said that they received it on June 22 and were going to start the review on June 28. Since then we haven't heard. I am hoping we will get an NOA soon (we are sitting on needles here, since we have read so much about how fast DCF in Italy is and that people usually get their NOA2 within about 3 weeks).

 

Did you ever get an NOA1? 

Were you notified by email?

 

Keep me updated on your process. What do you mean by waiting to hear back from Naples about part 2? Have you scheduled your interview yet?

 

So many questions... :)

 

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Katherina. Did you get approved for your visa? How long did it take? Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 11:43 AM, Vale said:

Qick question: I'll be the beneficiary in this process and I'm italian. Did I need to translate all my documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, identity card, common residence...) in english or is it fine to attached them in italian?

Thanks for your help!

 

Vale

Hi Vale,

 

I had everything translated (marriage certificate, birth certificate, permesso di soggiorno etc.) when we first sent the petition off.

 

When we then received the IV package it said following in the "Instructions for Immigrant":' All documents not in English or Italian must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the translation is accurate and that the translator is competent to translate.'

 

This means, that if they are in any OTHER language than English or Italian, you should have your documents translated, otherwise, italian would be fine!

 

Good luck!

1 hour ago, MariaSy said:

Hi Katherina. Did you get approved for your visa? How long did it take? Thank you

Hi MariaSy

 

this coming week we will be travelling to Naples for the interview, after which I can give an update.

 

Wish us luck :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ValeZamp said:

Translation is not a requirement. Either Italian or English is fine. 

Personally I got everything in English just because the military translated it.

Other people I know went to Naples with papers only in Italian and they got approved just fine. 

Hi  Vale, my husband is in the military as well. How long did your application take to be approved? Was your casellario giudiziale in English as well or Italian? Thank you 

2 hours ago, Katherina said:

Hi Vale,

 

I had everything translated (marriage certificate, birth certificate, permesso di soggiorno etc.) when we first sent the petition off.

 

When we then received the IV package it said following in the "Instructions for Immigrant":' All documents not in English or Italian must be accompanied by certified English translations. Translations must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the translation is accurate and that the translator is competent to translate.'

 

This means, that if they are in any OTHER language than English or Italian, you should have your documents translated, otherwise, italian would be fine!

 

Good luck!

Hi MariaSy

 

this coming week we will be travelling to Naples for the interview, after which I can give an update.

 

Wish us luck :)

 

Best of luck!!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MariaSy said:

Hi  Vale, my husband is in the military as well. How long did your application take to be approved? Was your casellario giudiziale in English as well or Italian? Thank you 

Best of luck!!!!!! 

We sent everything to Rome mid April. We went to our interview in August. So in total was 4 months.

yes it was in English

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×