JustinS

I-130 June 2017 Filers

744 posts in this topic

Hi, I’m a June 2017 filer too and I have a question which I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere and I hope someone can help me. 

We recently realized that I missed out on stating an alias in my I-130. I never used the alias so I didn’t think to put it on the form, but it was stated in some of my documents, such as marriage certificate. I called USCIS to ask about this and was told that if I wish to add information to my I-130, I can write in to the Nebraska centre.  Do you think writing in to add information will delay my processing? Will they hold it against me if I do not no so? Or can I wait for the interview at the consulate to raise this up? I’m feeling rather anxious about this.  Appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Angie135 said:

Hi, I’m a June 2017 filer too and I have a question which I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere and I hope someone can help me. 

We recently realized that I missed out on stating an alias in my I-130. I never used the alias so I didn’t think to put it on the form, but it was stated in some of my documents, such as marriage certificate. I called USCIS to ask about this and was told that if I wish to add information to my I-130, I can write in to the Nebraska centre.  Do you think writing in to add information will delay my processing? Will they hold it against me if I do not no so? Or can I wait for the interview at the consulate to raise this up? I’m feeling rather anxious about this.  Appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks. 

I would suggest you wait for an update from USCIS. Sending your documents at this stage might delay and complicate things.

1 hour ago, Amisharjil said:

I would suggest you wait for an update from USCIS. Sending your documents at this stage might delay and complicate things.

Thank you for your reply.

So if they feel they need more information they would request that I send the information? I’m just worried that they may straight out reject my application. Do you think that can happen? Maybe I’m being paranoid but it’s been a nerve wrecking journey 😓

17 minutes ago, Angie135 said:

Thank you for your reply.

So if they feel they need more information they would request that I send the information? I’m just worried that they may straight out reject my application. Do you think that can happen? Maybe I’m being paranoid but it’s been a nerve wrecking journey 😓

Yes they would ask you if they need clarification. I don't think they would reject your application but if they do they would let you know the reason. You can check with a lawyer to be on the safe side.

27 minutes ago, Amisharjil said:

Yes they would ask you if they need clarification. I don't think they would reject your application but if they do they would let you know the reason. You can check with a lawyer to be on the safe side.

Thanks. I’m probably being paranoid. Sorry to harp on this but just out of curiosity, has anyone heard/known of I-130 petitions being rejected or denied before? And under what circumstances? 

It’s such a painful journey so far! The worst thing is the uncertainty and separation from loved ones. 

Edited by Angie135
Typo

10 minutes ago, Angie135 said:

Thanks. I’m probably being paranoid. Sorry to harp on this but just out of curiosity, has anyone heard/known of I-130 petitions being rejected or denied before? And under what circumstances? 

It’s such a painful journey so far! The worst thing is the uncertainty and separation from loved ones. 

The only reason they would reject it if they you cant prove a bona fide marriage. I understand your curiosity, hopefully everything will go well. :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, lifesajourney said:

I see many of the June 2017 filers are receiving approvals of their I-130's in the past days.  Congratulations to all!!  I have a quick question for you June filers.  I am a US citizen and the I-130 I filed for my husband in Aug went to the Texas service center.  When I look at the processing times on the USCIS site, I see the Texas center and several other centers are several months father ahead in processing I-130's for Permanent Residents filing for a souse (or other family member) than for US citizens who are filing I-130's for a spouse.  I am trying to gauge our time left since we are about 2 months behind you guys (we filed in August).  

So, here's my question...those of you who have gotten your I-130's approved recently, are any of YOU (the petitioner) US citizens (rather than Permanent Residents)?  Are I-130's filed in June by both Citizens and PR's being approved current?   Or are the petitions being filed by US Citizens still in the waiting process/behind the petitions being filed by PR's?  Thanks for any insight!

They will start to process August next month base on my experience. The reason why Permanent resident seems further might be because there is less person filing as permanent resident that citizen. From what I have seemed these past months, where ever they say they are, add 2-3 months to that and that's the true date. They try to stay behind to avoid a lot of enquiry from persons who think that their priority date has been passed. Keep your eyes glued to this, the minute you see one person drop in from August then you will know they have started to process August. Right now they are in July! 

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=Texas+Service+Center&op66=All&op7=All&op1=i&op2=d&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=0

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Can someone give me a random case number from end of june at Texas service center so I can put it on the app my case its from July but I only get newa from cases after mine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 hours ago, kareng5 said:

Can someone give me a random case number from end of june at Texas service center so I can put it on the app my case its from July but I only get newa from cases after mine

Track this link 

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, RFCB said:

Hi! Who among here is from Nebraska Service Center, any good news? 😊

I am Nebraska and haven’t heard anything yet but I’m manifesting to hear very soon! Being hopeful and positive is the only helpful mentality for this process... I know it’s coming and I know it will come at the best time for both my husband and I. Good luck! 😁

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi I have a question that I cant find answer to. We have a ir5 petition at Nebraska service centre pd 2nd June 2017. My question is are  ir5 processed in the same timely manner as ir1/cr1 or not?  And when shall we expect an approval.  Thanks in advance!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee elle said:

Yes. The I 130 processing time doesn’t depend on if it is an IR 1 or 5. and the time through NVC and interview are also the same 

Thanks a lot @Dee elle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.