MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sagittarius said:

Yes I'm a Pakistani

Great for passport here is what I suggest. 

Load up a 10 dollar balance on Raza.com app and call the embassy from USA and wait for someone to answer. Best day to call is Mid week. After an hour hold or less someone will answer and as soon as they answer be very specific first. Say hello I am calling to get my passport returned as no one is responding to my email/query. If you start with hello I want to inquire about my case status, good luck... they will hang up or move you to automated vm immediately.

Edited by MZe

2 minutes ago, MZe said:

Great for passport here is what I suggest. 

Load ads up a 10 dollar balance on Raza.com and call the embassy from USA and wait for someone to answer. Best day to call is Mid week. After an hour hold or less someone will answer and as soon as they answer be very specific first. Say hello I am calling to get my passport returned as no one is responding to my email/query. If you start with hello I want to inquire about my case status, good luck... they will hand up or move you to automated vm immediately.

If I'm calling from karachi or from within Pakistan then I make a direct call?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, Sagittarius said:

If I'm calling from karachi or from within Pakistan then I make a direct call?

USA is better. My dad called no one answered for days. I called and they picked up the phone after some 5 or 6 attempts. I called from the USA. I don’t know if they have cli or something.

2 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

You can try using their portal for an inquiry  if you think this e-mail thing is not working for you. Go to ISL embassy website and use their portal, where you need to enter case number and some other information. Try to attached pictures if possible and also explain that you already upload on Ceac and also asked if they need pics via courier under comment box.. At the end click submit.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

You can try using their portal for an inquiry  if you think this e-mail thing is not working for you. Go to ISL embassy website and use their portal, where you need to enter case number and some other information. Try to attached pictures if possible and also explain that you already upload on Ceac and also asked if they need pics via courier under comment box.. At the end click submit.

Dear applicant,

The inbox is specifically intended for visa applicants who have been asked to provide additional information by the Islamabad IV unit.

If you were not asked to provide information toIslamabadIVInquiry@state.gov, your response will not be processed.

If you were not asked to send your information through this email, or have further questions, contact us at https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/.

Thank you,
Immigrant Visa Unit Consular Section,
U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

Can you also tell me that after replying to the questionnaire via email directly to IV unit Islamabad I received this email few mins later what does this mean?

15 minutes ago, Sagittarius said:

Dear applicant,

The inbox is specifically intended for visa applicants who have been asked to provide additional information by the Islamabad IV unit.

If you were not asked to provide information toIslamabadIVInquiry@state.gov, your response will not be processed.

If you were not asked to send your information through this email, or have further questions, contact us at https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/.

Thank you,
Immigrant Visa Unit Consular Section,
U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

Can you also tell me that after replying to the questionnaire via email directly to IV unit Islamabad I received this email few mins later what does this mean?

That means they received your questionnaire. This is a confirmation email

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Derik-Lina said:

Am I the only one to think so? I hope I am right and we reunite with our loved ones soon.

More and more Applicants are receiving Visas in hand after the Ds-5535 after only 40, 60 and 90 days?

Is this a good sign? Some from December have received Visas in hand too, and mostly from Morocco and Pakistan.

Best of Luck to all 

Certainly you not alone, me too having same feelings since the start of this month so many people got visas who stucked in AP.  And top of this it's a consecutive 3rd day male applicant had their interviews and approved same day and that too in islamabad consulate, yes it's a very positive sign for all of us, and I wish all of us gets visas soon and special prayers and wishes for those who waiting since long long time. God bless all of us.

Timeline
3 hours ago, MZe said:

December of when ? My parents were interviewed sept 2018 and case was applied sept 2017. No movement yet 

Don't worry the case are now moving positively we have seen so many cases solved in April and tis month too. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Derik-Lina said:

Sadly, People from 2017 are almost forgotten for one reason or another.

I read somewhere that a Vetting center opened few months ago.

The center could be the reason behind the speedy processing the recent applicants have enjoyed.

One applicant received Visa in hand after only 40 days On Ap Ds-5535. Another one received Visa in hand after 45 days.

Perhaps, the older Ds-forms are stuck somewhere while the most recent ones are processed in a timely manner.

I completely agree with you, this is what exactly happening, but they should entertain older AP and DS cases too.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

Humm. You will get visa in 3 months. iA

@paki-guy hi bro in am trying to inbox you but it says cannot receive messages.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.