MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

Mine too :( when was your interview? Do u live in Pakistan?

No. I am not from Pakistan. I have submitted my visa in Seoul. The CO  appointed the AP with DS-5535 and it was in the middle of October 2017. Still waiting my DV visa.(  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i had my interview at the US embassy in beirut , interview went well and at the end of the interview . officer gave 221g and asked me to fill out DS 5535. any average time fir approval? also anyone you guys know got denied?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ali-f said:

i had my interview at the US embassy in beirut , interview went well and at the end of the interview . officer gave 221g and asked me to fill out DS 5535. any average time fir approval? also anyone you guys know got denied?

It is very rare that visa is denied becase of AP. However, the time of waiting can be very long and highly uncertain... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

anyone got cleared in the new year please? Why nothing changes?! Do they really see our cases or it’s invisible? I’m checking our case many times everyday but not change even no date change to make me happy :(

Thanks

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
59 minutes ago, letitgo said:

Hello everyone,

anyone got cleared in the new year please? Why nothing changes?! Do they really see our cases or it’s invisible? I’m checking our case many times everyday but not change even no date change to make me happy :(

Thanks

Hi!

its quite frustrating but as you know it is what it is we can't do much.

my father visa is issued 29th of January after filling up the DS5535 form January the 3rd...

however , my mom visa is still under process no luck as yet..

Timeline
7 hours ago, YooJin said:

It is very rare that visa is denied becase of AP. However, the time of waiting can be very long and highly uncertain... 

Denied because AP?? you mean AP based on filling out the Form DS5535? i asked the officer the officer, am i  approved? he said just fill this form and we will see after that....my kids and wife i the US been counting days for the last 2 years ....now kids cant even attend schools because of the depression casued by this shock....dont know what to do watching my family collapsing and i am far away!!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ali-f said:

Denied because AP?? you mean AP based on filling out the Form DS5535? i asked the officer the officer, am i  approved? he said just fill this form and we will see after that....my kids and wife i the US been counting days for the last 2 years ....now kids cant even attend schools because of the depression casued by this shock....dont know what to do watching my family collapsing and i am far away!!!!

It is not many people who say that they could not receive the visa because of the AP... this is the meaning of my words. So there is HOPE.) Let this painful process be finished soon for all of us ☺

Fiance had interview in Beirut on Monday (Feb 5) and was directed to complete the DS5535 after the interview.  We sent it back immediately.  Does anyone have experience with the DS5535 as a K1 beneficiary?  Specifically from Lebanon?

Timeline
36 minutes ago, cjelie said:

Fiance had interview in Beirut on Monday (Feb 5) and was directed to complete the DS5535 after the interview.  We sent it back immediately.  Does anyone have experience with the DS5535 as a K1 beneficiary?  Specifically from Lebanon?

i did my interview on the 5th of Feb in US embassy in Beirut and had to fill DS-5535 i am sure i met your fiance before the interview. they gave me back my passport, did they keep his ? i also know one old guy applied for tourist visa and been through same thing. 

1 hour ago, Ali-f said:

i did my interview on the 5th of Feb in US embassy in Beirut and had to fill DS-5535 i am sure i met your fiance before the interview. they gave me back my passport, did they keep his ? i also know one old guy applied for tourist visa and been through same thing. 

Hi! So glad we aren't alone!  Yes, they gave him his passport and said they would call to have him bring it back.  Keep us updated when you hear anything!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, cjelie said:

Hi! So glad we aren't alone!  Yes, they gave him his passport and said they would call to have him bring it back.  Keep us updated when you hear anything!

yes i hope we all get approvals soon, i have a wife and two kids waiting for me its too stressful, please share any information you guys have and i will do the same. i chatted with your fiance at the embassy. we were 4 males waiting for our immigrant visas. at least 3 of us now confirmed that had to file DS5535.

do you have any idea on the waiting times?or how long it takes for approvals? hopefully we all get approval soon and carry on with our lives.

2 minutes ago, Ali-f said:

yes i hope we all get approvals soon, i have a wife and two kids waiting for me its too stressful, please share any information you guys have and i will do the same. i chatted with your fiance at the embassy. we were 4 males waiting for our immigrant visas. at least 3 of us now confirmed that had to file DS5535.

do you have any idea on the waiting times?or how long it takes for approvals? hopefully we all get approval soon and carry on with our lives.

I'm so sorry-- this is so hard and the unknown wait time makes it even more difficult.  I'm glad though that it was given to the majority.  Hoping its a quick turnaround and just a formality.  I've read a lot of varying information about wait times.  Anything in AP is hard to estimate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.