MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Salam Everyone,

I would like to ask everyone on this forum to share their experience for non immigrant visas from karachi Consulate. I have been waiting for 110 days after submitting DS 5535, but no response. There are no updates on my case since the interview date(September). Please provide details if anyone have got their Visa after submitting this form. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
30 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

Yes i did back in sep... can u tell me the diffrence plz

The different is if u would get denied they would tell u the reason why u get denied but now ur case is in process so u need to wait... all of us our case is under administration process 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, rafiq akhtar said:

Refused and denied is diffrent tho.. mine got refused due to admin process and was e-maled the form... how long will it take?

I never heard or see someone who get refused maybe u can get help from ppl who r waiting the non immigrant visa because mine is immigrant visa 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
3 hours ago, rafiq akhtar said:

Refused and denied is diffrent tho.. mine got refused due to admin process and was e-maled the form... how long will it take?

Refused at this time due to administrative processing? Means they need to do more security checks (ds-5535) 

Timeline
3 hours ago, rafiq akhtar said:

If you were denied they would have given you a denial letter and send it back to USCIS for the case to expire. As long as your case still at the embassy, it’s still valid until they finish processing 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, yousef5 said:

The different is if u would get denied they would tell u the reason why u get denied but now ur case is in process so u need to wait... all of us our case is under administration process 

13 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

Refused at this time due to administrative processing? Means they need to do more security checks (ds-5535) 

If thats the case I emailed them on nov 28 and they sent a reply saying we received the ds 5535 and found it acceptable for ur visa.. dont that mean its finished there admin process 

Timeline
2 hours ago, rafiq akhtar said:

If thats the case I emailed them on nov 28 and they sent a reply saying we received the ds 5535 and found it acceptable for ur visa.. dont that mean its finished there admin process 

That, I can’t answer because they send generic responses with a different date 

Timeline

Hi all,

My husband had his interview July 21 and submitted his completed DS-5535 on August 2nd. Our case has been touched about 5 or 6 times since that time with the last file touch being Nov 1st. Tonight I sent an email to both CasaAdminProcess@state.gov and IVCasablanca@state.gov, cc’ing our attorney asking if they could provide an eta to the completion of The additional processing period and to let them know we are still looking forward to his arrival home to us in the United States. Has anyone else been in this process for this length of time? I’m fully expecting his arrival home very soon. If Inknew the date of his arrival this wait could be so easy but it’s the unknown that makes it so challenging. 

DEAB

Timeline
2 minutes ago, deab said:

Hi all,

My husband had his interview July 21 and submitted his completed DS-5535 on August 2nd. Our case has been touched about 5 or 6 times since that time with the last file touch being Nov 1st. Tonight I sent an email to both CasaAdminProcess@state.gov and IVCasablanca@state.gov, cc’ing our attorney asking if they could provide an eta to the completion of The additional processing period and to let them know we are still looking forward to his arrival home to us in the United States. Has anyone else been in this process for this length of time? I’m fully expecting his arrival home very soon. If Inknew the date of his arrival this wait could be so easy but it’s the unknown that makes it so challenging. 

Yes my wifes been waiting from july 24th. That was when her interview date we submitted the ds 5535 in sep and have been waiting ever snice.. we have a 9 month old baby girl as well but making no diffrence 

Timeline

Yes my wifes been waiting from july 24th. That was when her interview date we submitted the ds 5535 in sep and have been waiting ever snice.. we have a 9 month old baby girl as well but making no diffrence 

How many times has your file been touched and have you made any follow up inquiries?

DEAB

Timeline

I've lost count cuz its been soo long but when i email them they always say its in admin process... What have they been saying to u.. and when u think they will issue the visas

Timeline

I've lost count cuz its been soo long but when i email them they always say its in admin process... What have they been saying to u.. and when u think they will issue the visas

I have read so many times that people say they inquire and get a canned response that the case is still in AP, so I haven’t really bothered to follow up.  Today I felt at the very least that it would be wise to let them know we are still interested in getting this approval.  If they gave us any kind of feed back that would be a bonus, but I’m not really expecting it. I do, however, still expect his arrival home finally in 2018. We have known each other since 2010 and have been married since 2014. We aren’t giving up. We will be together someday very soon, as will you. ❤️❤️

DEAB

29 minutes ago, deab said:

Hi all,

Yep.. My interview was on 20 sep.. I dont know how long i will have to wait.. Praying hard.. Dying to meet my mother in USA. I haven't seen her since 2013. Filled this questionnaire on 8th November.. Case is stil in AP. Have your husband been contacted for re-medical? Most of the people on this forum.say that medical exam expires in 6 months and embassy email you for a second medical exam. I had one or two updates in october then one in november and two in december.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.