MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Renee2016 said:

So I want to share with you guys last year we were denied the k1 for bonefide we reapplied and and March my fiancé had his interview. In July we received the DS-5535 form. Now after 8 months in AP they asked for his medical last week. I pray this journey is over and this helps anyone else who is waiting.

Hi Renee did they called you or emailed.we also received call from embassy this morning for my fiancé medical we bin also waiting since July.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, E&R said:

Hi Renee did they called you or emailed.we also received call from embassy this morning for my fiancé medical we bin also waiting since July.

This means they are ready to issue your visa. When they request a new medical that means you are about to get your visa issued as soon as they receive and review the medical. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
1 hour ago, Renee2016 said:

So I want to share with you guys last year we were denied the k1 for bonefide we reapplied and and March my fiancé had his interview. In July we received the DS-5535 form. Now after 8 months in AP they asked for his medical last week. I pray this journey is over and this helps anyone else who is waiting.

My fiancé and I was saying that he don’t have to do another medical. We did just do another passport because in 5 months his will be expired...so we went on ahead to take care of that. I’m happy yours is almost to the end...continue to keep us posted 

Timeline

Medical is only good for 6 months then you have to redo it. Honestly our file was touched a lot maybe like 25 times remember this was our second K1 so I am sure we got checked several times. They will receive our medical tomorrow all let you guys know

Timeline
1 hour ago, E&R said:

They sent my fiancé and email for the medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Renee2016 said:

Medical is only good for 6 months then you have to redo it. Honestly our file was touched a lot maybe like 25 times remember this was our second K1 so I am sure we got checked several times. They will receive our medical tomorrow all let you guys know

I had so many typos in my last comment, but anyway, yes he had his medical in August so we’re praying for a December response. I didn’t know this was your second K1...I’m hoping you guys are good this time 

Timeline

@Renee2016. @Tarsha   @Mia12392 wishing u guys very best of luck i hv read all of ur posts its really frustrating to being apart from our love once. I think that form has expired at the end of last months so its higher chance of being approved all of u very soon. I'm also waiting from last three years. My interview for  IR1 visa is on 11th Dec of this month please give me advice to prepare my interview thanks alot in advance.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Mano said:

@Renee2016. @Tarsha   @Mia12392 wishing u guys very best of luck i hv read all of ur posts its really frustrating to being apart from our love once. I think that form has expired at the end of last months so its higher chance of being approved all of u very soon. I'm also waiting from last three years. My interview for  IR1 visa is on 11th Dec of this month please give me advice to prepare my interview thanks alot in advance.

Just have confidence  and answer every question truthfully. Make sure you review what your spouse put on the  The original Form I-864 sent to NVC. The VO will ask you questions based on that (What your spouse does for a living, what you do for a living, what company your spouse works for, when did you get married/engaged, why do you want to go to the US. etc). Just answer each question with confidence and you should be good to go. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Tarsha said:

I had so many typos in my last comment, but anyway, yes he had his medical in August so we’re praying for a December response. I didn’t know this was your second K1...I’m hoping you guys are good this time 

Thank you so much and I hope you get your visa soon the wait is soooo hard!!!!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mia12392 said:

Just have confidence  and answer every question truthfully. Make sure you review what your spouse put on the  The original Form I-864 sent to NVC. The VO will ask you questions based on that (What your spouse does for a living, what you do for a living, what company your spouse works for, when did you get married/engaged, why do you want to go to the US. etc). Just answer each question with confidence and you should be good to go. 

Thank u so much fr ur reply n best of luck fr ur visa hope u will get it soon.

Timeline

Has anyone who has had an interview since this documents expiry been given the form to fill out?  Our interview is coming up soon...  I'm really hoping to not have something in addition to hold up the process.  I need my husband home.   I looked over the form and I feel like we have supplied most if not all the information they request in some form or another I don't see why they would even need it.   

So sorry for those of you who are still waiting InshaAllah you'll hear something soon!

Timeline

Just date change on Tuesday nothing yet, now when I go on travel docs its shows the embassy has our passport which before I was unable to track it. They kept it at his interview but it never showed up until now. So I am feeling positive that its almost over

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Renee2016 said:

Just date change on Tuesday nothing yet, now when I go on travel docs its shows the embassy has our passport which before I was unable to track it. They kept it at his interview but it never showed up until now. So I am feeling positive that its almost over

Thanks my fiancé will be submitting her medical Monday so please keep us updated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.