dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2017

885 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, cleon86 said:

It will take a few more days for you to be able to access the system. Once you're able to get in, you can't do anything in the system as far as paying your fees until you receive the email. It's good to call and get the information because at least you know they have it and everything is going well. You should receive the email about 2 weeks after they receive it from USCIS. Once I got my email, my fees opened up and I was able to pay. 

Thanks! I was a bit panicky that I was missing something.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Nana&Akua said:

you can make another request at anytime stating you had made plans and was expecting a Cc in may but this checklist is messing things up and blah blah... Who knows you might be lucky. Joining the queue for another 11 weeks is depressing 

Well, we'll see if we can get something from them by playing the sad puppy card :P.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, enigma992 said:

Done. Thanks. BTW If your guide had been in place 6 months ago I would have my green card by now most likely as i would not have gotten a checklist! But hopefully it will help others avoid checklists in future, especially since it was for something that the NVC didn't list as required in any of their documentation(proof of visa status in Canada for non Canadians).

@enigma992  When I started the spreadsheet, it listed just scan date and CC date, then it grew to what it is today..  Thanks to our VJ community who has been providing suggestions to alter it and by the repeated questions found on these forum threads.. I really hope that our spreadsheet does help others who are about to submit to the NVC or already have.. Because it's simply not fair what you and 50+ others have experienced.. There is clearly a problem with the communication from the NVC/embassies.. Doesn't make sense that nearly 1/3rd of our spreadsheet have had a checklist.. I hope you get your interview date soon.. Thanks again for your contribution and keep us posted regarding your interview date. ;) 

Meanwhile, because of all the checklists, I've created the following forum which is just about checklists.. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Karen & Carlos said:

HELLO ALL...

JUST WANTED TO SHARE

SCAN DATE: APRIL 15

CC : JUNE 21 :)

:jest::jest:

YAY!! That's great news. CONGRATS!! Can you please add yourself to our spreadsheet. Would really help us all out, especially those from your country who are also waiting for their CC's. 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "google forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on 

Thank you, JBMG

Timeline
On 6/21/2017 at 2:18 PM, Exan said:

Can't wait to get an interview date

case complete june 13

@Exan

YAY!! That's great news. CONGRATS!! Can you please add yourself to our spreadsheet. Would really help us all out, especially those from your country who are also waiting for their CC's. 

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "google forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on . 

Thank you, JBMG

Timeline

Hello June Scan dates and NVC filers... .

If you're not already on our NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

ATTENTION!! PLEASE review column Y, "checklist requested" to make sure you didn't make the same mistake(s).. If you notice that you may have sent in the incorrect document, would advise you to send your correction ASAP!!! This happened with @ynes, the NVC got the new police report before reviewing her documents, ynes didn't have to wait another 11 weeks from their second scan date which was 5/15/2017.

Thank you, JBMG

ps.. really would like someone from June scan dates to encourage/remind your community to add themselves and review the spreadsheet. 1/3 of our sheet has received a checklist.. the risk is high.. hopefully their misfortune will help you all out.. if you noticed you may have sent in the wrong document, def send in the replacement ASAP with your cover sheet received from the NVC, a letter explaining why you're sending in the document, and your case number written on each document in the upper right-hand corner.. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Karen & Carlos said:

HELLO ALL...

JUST WANTED TO SHARE

SCAN DATE: APRIL 15

CC : JUNE 21 :)

:jest::jest:

Congratulations!!

10 hours ago, lol2 said:

Hi!

I received my first checklist on 19th May and my second SC is 26th May. It took them about 9 weeks to review my documents the first time.

How long do you think that they'll take to do this second review of just a few papers?

Thanks for your help! 

usually they say upto 11 weeks, if you are lucky it might be quicker.

Edited by chamma

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Timeline

@erusinque

I've deleted the following note from the spreadsheet.. You can post that on here, but it's just not possible to put all that on the spreadsheet as it takes up the entire screen ;)  Congrats on getting your expedite approved.  

My case was approved expedite at NVC Stage, skipping the 11-week reviw process and sent immediately to U.S. Embassy in Colombia, so here's a timeline of the NVC stage to give you guys an idea:
05/19/17 Paid AOS fee

06/01/17 Paid IV fee

06/06/17 DS-260 Completed Online

06/07/17 AOS and IV packages sent via USPS Express

06/08/17 AOS and IV packages delivered at NVC

06/08/17 Sent email requesting for expedite

06/12/17 Received email from NVCExpedite asking for DS-260 submission confirmation:
“Your correspondence indicates that ********** may wish for the processing of this petition to be expedited. The U.S. Embassy in Bogota, Colombia now requires that the online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (DS-260) form be completed in advance before an expedite request is submitted.”

06/12/17 Sent email with DS-260 confirmation as an attachment:
“Thank you for your prompt response.
Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (DS-260) form was completed on 06/06/2017.
Confirmation Number is AA********. (I have attached confirmation document).
Please let us know in case you need additional information.”

06/13/17 Received email from NVCExpedite confirming that our request was under review:
“The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: BGT********** filed by ********** on behalf of ***********.
Your request for the expeditious processing of this immigrant visa petition is currently under review. You will be informed of the results when the review is completed.

06/15/17 Received email from NVCExpedite confirming that our case had been accepted for expedited processing by U.S. Embassy:
“The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: BGT********** filed by ********** on behalf of ***********.
The U.S. Embassy Consulate General has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.
Any further questions concerning processing or the interview appointment date should be directed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.
The U.S. Embassy or Consulate General may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to bring any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview.
Please note that it could take up to two weeks for the consular section to receive the case file once it has shipped from NVC

06/20/17 Received email from NVC:
“The U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Bogota, Colombia approved your request to process your immigrant visa case expeditiously. We are forwarding your case file to the embassy or consulate for their action.
The Consular Section will contact you to schedule your visa interview once they receive your case file. This can take several weeks. If there is a change to your address (mail or email) or phone number, please tell the U.S. Embassy or Consulate right away to ensure they know how to get in touch with you. You can find contact information online at usembassy.gov.”
At CEAC website, the Visa Status has changed from “SUBMIT REQUESTED DOCUMENTS” to “READY” An where it says “Your case is currently at” changed from “NVC” to “BOGOTA”.

06/22/17 Received email from U.S. Embassy in Colombia, with instructions to register on their website and schedule an appointment for the biometrics and consular interview.
Appointments Scheduled as follows =>
Clinical Lab/blood Tests: 06/27/17
Medical Examination date: 06/28/17
Pick up medical results: 06/29/17
Biometrics date: 07/01/17
Interview date: 07/05/17.

You can now join the following forum. 

Hey guys! Just wanted to share that after requesting for expedite at NVC stage on 06/08/17, it was approved on 06/15/17 and our case file was sent immediately to the U.S. Embassy in Colombia. Today, we received email from U.S. Embassy, and my husband's consular interview is scheduled for 07/05/17. We were hesitant about requesting to expedite and now we are simply amazed on how the expeditious processing has worked for us. I will travel to Colombia next Thursday because I want to be with my husband at his interview (we asked the Embassy and they said I definitely can go with him). I couldn't be happier!

5 minutes ago, JBMG said:

@erusinque

I've deleted the following note from the spreadsheet.. You can post that on here, but it's just not possible to put all that on the spreadsheet as it takes up the entire screen ;)  Congrats on getting your expedite approved.  

You can now join the following forum. 

Thank you @JMBG. I wasn't sure about posting all of that LOL.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Check out the image below. It gives you an idea of the average CC and Interview time by country. This is current as of 8:15pm PST for all entries in the Excel file.

Also, the entries in here are for the ones that have a CC only.

Averages by Country.jpg

Edited by kunzie11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/20/2017 at 11:28 PM, JBMG said:

Yes, include your welcome letter. But also write a short letter explaining what it is, why you're sending it. Write your case number on each document you send in. ;)   If you could send in copies of the complete police report, that would be ideal.

thanks JBMG i just sent the second package....with the cover doc, copy of pcc and a letter.... thanks really appreciate the help....atleast i knew now rather than waitin for 8 weeks....so they recieved my 1st package on monday.. i think the second package should reach this weekend or the next monday... should i just call them and give them a heads up that i have sent 2 or jus wait till they recieve the second one and then call to confirm.... thanks

Edited by Bnp

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bnp said:

thanks JBMG i just sent the second package....with the cover doc, copy of pcc and a letter.... thanks really appreciate the help....atleast i knew now rather than waitin for 8 weeks....so they recieved my 1st package on monday.. i think the second package should reach this weekend or the next monday... should i just call them and give them a heads up that i have sent 2 or jus wait till they recieve the second one and then call to confirm.... thanks

Perfect!! :) Glad you were able to get the correct police report so quickly. Yeah, I would def call them to confirm that they received your first set of documents.. If you're tracking your shipments, the NVC normally confirm receipt 1-2 days after the post office tracking says it arrived. 

Calling from outside of the US

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Once you confirm receipt of your 1st scan date. Then add yourself to our spreadsheet. Then you can add the 2nd scan date on there when they receive your 2nd mail.. Although, we had another case from April that just like you sent another document but 1 month after  the first package, but they had received it before reviewing their file so it still got completed within 9 weeks from her first scan date in April. ;)  

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "google forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Thank you, JBMG

Good luck!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.