2,532 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, Arthur Ken said:

Still collecting evidences. We are adding copies of recent paystubs and was wondering if we need to add employment verification letter in addition to the paystubs?

...why are you adding the paystubs?.... 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Arthur Ken said:

Just to show our address.

tax returns/Transcripts, Driver Licenses, bank statements, lease  - all of those show your address and also they are solid ROC evidence... You don't really have to provide paystubs info and etc at this stage.. 

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Arthur Ken said:

Also, would you recommend highlighting with a yellow marker our names and addresses on the documents for easy read? 

I did :) 

I also highlighted some payments in our bank statements (house payment, life ins., car ins. and etc... )

Also I read somewhere that USCIS scan system doesn't "see" our highlights.. But I did it anyway.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Arthur Ken said:

Ok Thanks! Have you heard back since you submitted the forms?

You are welcome :)

no, I didn't  and to be honest I will be surprised if I hear something any time soon... ROC currently takes 12-15 months, so it's gonna be a long ride  :) At least this is how it looks right now. Hopefully things will be changed.

Hi visa Journey family 

So I was just checking the information pertaining to California Service Center processing times for I-751 applications. It says that those processing dates are "as of August 31 2017" even though in the bottom of the page it says that the page was last updated on October 31 2017. This is already a tad confusing here's the link so you can check the processing times chart for CSC for yourselves https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcXsDHZyxt5Y5wv3mw_v

However, the above is not the most concerning part. If we take those processing times to be as of August 31 2017 the chart indicates that by then they were processing cases from JULY 19 2016!!!! that is 1 year 1 month and 12 days. That is ridiculous!! My 1 year extension would be expiring by then, not even my I-485 application took that long, that one took like 9-10 months. I was expecting this thing to be faster since is most straightforward than an initial adjustment of status/petition of foreign relative request, but now it turns out it might take even longer. Wow I am very disconcerted. 

Cheers, and sorry for the rant. Hopefully someone can provide some encouraging insight in the face of such rubbish. :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jack88 said:

Hi visa Journey family 

So I was just checking the information pertaining to California Service Center processing times for I-751 applications. It says that those processing dates are "as of August 31 2017" even though in the bottom of the page it says that the page was last updated on October 31 2017. This is already a tad confusing here's the link so you can check the processing times chart for CSC for yourselves https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcXsDHZyxt5Y5wv3mw_v

However, the above is not the most concerning part. If we take those processing times to be as of August 31 2017 the chart indicates that by then they were processing cases from JULY 19 2016!!!! that is 1 year 1 month and 12 days. That is ridiculous!! My 1 year extension would be expiring by then, not even my I-485 application took that long, that one took like 9-10 months. I was expecting this thing to be faster since is most straightforward than an initial adjustment of status/petition of foreign relative request, but now it turns out it might take even longer. Wow I am very disconcerted. 

Cheers, and sorry for the rant. Hopefully someone can provide some encouraging insight in the face of such rubbish. :D

It could be an error that they have two different dates there. But also, if you go and check threads from July/August/September 2016 and even November 2016 filers, you'll see that some of their cases have been touched by a human, so my guess is that those dates we see on USCIS are just averages of what dates are being processed, there are some cases way behind scheduled, and some way ahead.

And here's the kicker: holiday season is around the corner, thanksgiving, Christmas, new years, ALL of that will delay the processing even more, so buckle up because this will be a long ride. :(

24 minutes ago, ElDuderino said:

It could be an error that they have two different dates there. But also, if you go and check threads from July/August/September 2016 and even November 2016 filers, you'll see that some of their cases have been touched by a human, so my guess is that those dates we see on USCIS are just averages of what dates are being processed, there are some cases way behind scheduled, and some way ahead.

And here's the kicker: holiday season is around the corner, thanksgiving, Christmas, new years, ALL of that will delay the processing even more, so buckle up because this will be a long ride. :(

it isnt an error. my understanding is that USCIS updated/released its data for Aug 31 on Oct 31

20 minutes ago, ElDuderino said:

I just want to inform that I changed my username for personal reasons, I hope everybody can tell who I was before hehe ^_^

nope, i cannot tell at all.

sorry :-)

On 11/1/2017 at 1:20 PM, Arthur Ken said:

Thanks!. I was just thinking about the amount of time and detail that goes into collection of all the docs. Definitely not an easy task.

if you have collected things after your i-485, then it should be a little bit easier, but it still takes much more time since we have the tendency to the more the better 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.