prish17

Shaadi.com?! International marriage broker ?!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all 

I am of Indian origin (UK born) as is my fiancé (us citizen).

we have just received a RFE stating that shaadi.com is a imb - as it's charging for matrimonial services between us citizens and foreign nationals.

its not because it's open to everyone around the world :s 

our culture doesn't encourage dating so every relationship is supposed to lead to marriage?! 

Also I was a basic memeber so didn't actually pay for the service (I have emails to show my photos weren't on there).

please help?!

IMG_3268.JPG

Huh!!  Shaadi.com is open for all around the world and not specific to brokerage marriages between Americans and others.

hubby and i met up there too!  No RFE was received- i had sent copy of both our profiles.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Auds said:

Huh!!  Shaadi.com is open for all around the world and not specific to brokerage marriages between Americans and others.

hubby and i met up there too!  No RFE was received- i had sent copy of both our profiles.

I know! It's so weird! I've just sent my RFE hopefully I hear back soon! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
2 hours ago, deepakchani said:

What did Shaddi.com send you?

Email them! It's their terms and conditions from their legal team....

they try and aak you to submit a story but explain that you need to speak to their legal team or email legal@shaadi.com and explain for evidence to show that they are not a imbra.

they get this quite often and they will send it to you! It works...I got my noa2 approved after a week and just had the k1 approved today! 

1 minute ago, prish17 said:

Email them! It's their terms and conditions from their legal team....

they try and aak you to submit a story but explain that you need to speak to their legal team or email legal@shaadi.com and explain for evidence to show that they are not a imbra.

they get this quite often and they will send it to you! It works...I got my noa2 approved after a week and just had the k1 approved today! 

Congrats!! How long did the whole process take from Filing to NOA2? 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/28/2017 at 4:26 AM, prish17 said:

i filed around feb 9th...so a little over 5 months.

if you haven't filed ; maybe just get the letter from shaadi.com so you wont get the RFE!

Was you issue resolved?

My fiance and I also met through Shaadi.com and I am filing the K1 soon. Just wondering if should be proactive and put  some legal language from Shaadi.com 

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, deepakchani said:

Yes. Issue Resolved. Shaadi.com sent me a letter (see attachement) 

Success story.pdf

Thanks! I emailed them too to see if they can send me the same. 

BTW, general question to all. Do I have to specific about having met on Shaadi.com? Or can I not say I met my fiance online without being specific? I have met my fiance 12 times since we met initially so I have a lot of proof of meetings. 

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 9/13/2017 at 11:09 AM, deepakchani said:

Yes. Issue Resolved. Shaadi.com sent me a letter (see attachement)

Great!  Congratulations!

On 9/13/2017 at 11:28 AM, N400fiasco said:

Do I have to specific about having met on Shaadi.com? Or can I not say I met my fiance online without being specific?

By definition, an Internet website is online, so it's truthful to say that you met "online."  You're also free to be specific.  If you're asked for details, by USCIS or during the consular process, you should be completely specific and truthful.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.