Jump to content
Arpan

I-130 Petition for Spouse Reject Notice (merged)

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi,

During the month of Feb 2017, I filed I-130 form for my wife, but soon I found that I have made some mistake while filing i-130 form. So after discussion with USCIS officer, I submitted an application where I mention my mistakes and along with that I attached corrected copy of my i-130 form to USCIS, Texas Service Center, P.O. Box 851488, Mesquite, TX 75185-1488 (as mention at my received NOA1 i.e. I-797 form). But I did not heard anything from Texas service center (TSC) regarding this.

So later during March USCIS office raised a Service require for correcting my application i-130 form, but for this raised request it was told to me after 15-20 days that the changes requires my signature and I need to send a hard copy in mail to TSC and I did the same again during beginning of April, but as expected I have not heard back from TSC for making those changes to my application.

So I again checked with USCIS officer for the same and told him whole case and also that I have send the mail to P.O. Box number which was mentioned at received NOA1 i.e. I-797, so this time officer has asked me to send the mail to street address of Texas Service center (4141 St. augustine Rd, Dallas Tx 75227) , but I am not sure if this will make any difference . Can you guide , on what I should do now. Thanks in advance. And now a days I am at Dallas Texas. Will it be recommended if I can directly visit the Street address office, which was told to me by USCIS officer  .

Edited by Penguin_ie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

USCIS maintains an official where they have mention the processing time as mention at the bottom of the below url.

 

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

 

As frequent visiter I always check the processing time for I-130, as I have filed i-130 from my spouce and will get processed by Texas Service Center. So during 1st week of March I found the processing date for I-130 form was mentioned as 4, September 2016. And this site is updated every 30 days , so I checked it again after a month 1st week of April , but the date was still reflecting the same 4 September 2016.  And now when I check again during 1st week of May, Now I am finding that the date has been revised 2, Sept 2016.  Is this is how things work at Texas service center. Please help its very frustrating :(:( .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot visit USCIS's main office, no.  There are public USCIS offices of course, but they are not generally where the paperwork is processed.  

What exactly do you expect to "hear back" from?  USCIS takes 5-6 months to process the case.


Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mrtravel  It does get updated every 30 days and you can find this info at the bottom of the page, where you can find when it was last updated (like for TSC it is right now Last Updated: April 18, 2017).  I got this info from USCIS customer service officer.

 

And I am not sure what do you mean by this "the Sept 2 date you see is as of Feb 28.

If you look directly above the chart, you will see that it currently says "Filed Office Processing Dates for Texas Service Center as of: February 28, 2017" --> because that i.e. for field office processing date not "filed"  and field office processing date is something different that the below form .. field office processing dates you can find this at the bottom of the below url..

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

 

 

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 10.49.51 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Penguin_ie said:

You cannot visit USCIS's main office, no.  There are public USCIS offices of course, but they are not generally where the paperwork is processed.  

What exactly do you expect to "hear back" from?  USCIS takes 5-6 months to process the case.

@Penguin_ie I am expecting a reply from USCIS that they have received my application and they will look into this . And this was told to me by USCIS officer that TSC should reply for the same if they received this . So what do you suggest me regarding sending another application to street address, will it make confusion ? Or will not make any difference as address USCIS, Texas Service Center, P.O. Box 851488, Mesquite, TX 75185-1488   and  4141 St. augustine Rd, Dallas Tx 75227 are both same.

 

Thanks ,

Arpan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USCIS don't usually communicate with you unless there is something wrong.

Not sure on the sending things to two different addresses...


Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Arpan said:

Hi,

 

USCIS maintains an official where they have mention the processing time as mention at the bottom of the below url.

 

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

 

As frequent visiter I always check the processing time for I-130, as I have filed i-130 from my spouce and will get processed by Texas Service Center. So during 1st week of March I found the processing date for I-130 form was mentioned as 4, September 2016. And this site is updated every 30 days , so I checked it again after a month 1st week of April , but the date was still reflecting the same 4 September 2016.  And now when I check again during 1st week of May, Now I am finding that the date has been revised 2, Sept 2016.  Is this is how things work at Texas service center. Please help its very frustrating :(:( .

@Penguin_ie can you give me some pointers here :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of pointers are you looking for?


Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Arpan said:

@mrtravel  It does get updated every 30 days and you can find this info at the bottom of the page, where you can find when it was last updated (like for TSC it is right now Last Updated: April 18, 2017).  I got this info from USCIS customer service officer.

 

And I am not sure what do you mean by this "the Sept 2 date you see is as of Feb 28.

If you look directly above the chart, you will see that it currently says "Filed Office Processing Dates for Texas Service Center as of: February 28, 2017" --> because that i.e. for field office processing date not "filed"  and field office processing date is something different that the below form .. field office processing dates you can find this at the bottom of the below url..

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

 

The date at the bottom is for when the whole web page was last updated NOT the processing date for applications. USCIS officers on the helpline are not always the best at giving out accurate information. They told my wife that we should fill in I-130 and then travel to USA and file for adjustment of status. A member here pointed out that this is illegal and could have got me banned from entry.

 

February 28 is what USCIS state they are processing but the VJ immigration timelines are more accurate because of members inputting their current information.

 

TX_zpsdrmlzowz.jpg

Edited by Mr&Mrs G.

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2017 at 7:58 AM, Mr&Mrs G. said:

 

The date at the bottom is for when the whole web page was last updated NOT the processing date for applications. USCIS officers on the helpline are not always the best at giving out accurate information. They told my wife that we should fill in I-130 and then travel to USA and file for adjustment of status. A member here pointed out that this is illegal and could have got me banned from entry.

 

February 28 is what USCIS state they are processing but the VJ immigration timelines are more accurate because of members inputting their current information.

 

TX_zpsdrmlzowz.jpg

@Mr&Mrs G. If Feb 28 is the processing time then what is Sept 2, 2016 for I-130 (U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21 ) stands for ..and as per the below timeline very less number of application are processed during Jan , Feb , Mar 2017 , and No application during April, May 2017

 

 

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.37.21 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2017 at 3:52 AM, Penguin_ie said:

What kind of pointers are you looking for?

Hi @Penguin_ie .. So as per my understanding (below screenshot)  September 2, 2016 is the time when application for i-130 form for U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21 are getting processed, but what I have observed is that this processing time is not getting updated properly ..when i observed during 4th Mar 2017 it was showing processing date for form I-130 as for 4th September 2016 and now after 2-3 months, it is showing as 2 September 2016 as processing date, is there something wrong with my understanding.

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.42.13 AM.png

 

also as per VJ timeline very less number of applications are getting processed from Jan to May 2017 , which is little worrisome .

 

 

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.37.21 AM.png

Edited by Arpan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arpan said:

@Mr&Mrs G. If Feb 28 is the processing time then what is Sept 2, 2016 for I-130 (U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21 ) stands for ..and as per the below timeline very less number of application are processed during Jan , Feb , Mar 2017 , and No application during April, May 2017

 

 

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.37.21 AM.png

 

As of Feb 28 they are working on applications that were received up to September 2 that's what the dates are.

 

The visajourney graphic is based on members input, but not everyone that filed a visa request will join the forum so the numbers will not be exact. Some get approved quicker because of expedites and that is why you will see cases out of order.


Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

As US Citizen I filed I-130 form for my Spouse and got the priority date as February 8 , 2017 , but later I found that I have made some mistake with my form I-130. So for that USCIS officer opened a Service request to make the changes to my filed application , but later they told me to send a mail to Texas Service Center (where my application was filled )., As making any changes to file needs my signature. So I send all the details with a i-130 form and an application letter in form where I mentioned all the details. But Today I have received a Rejection Notification from USCIS Stating that The payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided. And petition was filed with out dated form. But when i filed the form on 8 Feb I did submit correct fees of 535 Dollar , I do have a copy for it. But the next time when i sent them i-130 for correction purpose I filed it with the older form only. I am not sure what I should do now. And why they have mentioned that I have submitted incorrect fees. Please guide, I am totally devastated. Is there any way I can still fix it or I have to file a new application :( . So all the 4-5 months are wasted :(:( Please help !!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

****** three threads merged.  Please do not post more than once on the same/ simialr topics.  If you have follow on questions or an update, post them as a reply to this topic ******


Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×