8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline
Good Day,

I was sincerely hoping that you can assist me in verifying if the CSPA will be applicable in this case. My aunt petitioned for my Mother in 2004. Recently we got the Visa Processing Invoice for my parents but not for my brother and I because we are both over 21. We were hoping that the CSPA age would atleast apply to him. These are the details below:
NVC Case no: GEO2004XXXXXX
Category: F4
Priority date: June 03, 2004
Case is currently at NVC
Petition approval :August 26, 2004 (Not too sure about this date, the date stated is when USCi website said the case was approved)
My date of birth : January 1, 1991
My Brother's date of birth : August 09, 1993

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

http://www.***removed***/immigrant-visa/cspa-calculator/               Basically you take the number of days between  june 03 2004 and August 26 2004 and subtract them from your age . It seems to have been approved very fast.  Which in your case is bad because you want more time.   Double  and triple check that approval date. 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Timeline

Your Dates don't make sense.

Most f 2004 cases that I am aware of were approved in 2010, so your case approval date of Petition approval :August 26, 2004, is wrong.  Please check this date.

I personally aware of the cases with Priority dates around August 2004 and they were approved in the first half of 2010.  

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mutahir said:

Your Dates don't make sense.

Most f 2004 cases that I am aware of were approved in 2010, so your case approval date of Petition approval :August 26, 2004, is wrong.  Please check this date.

I personally aware of the cases with Priority dates around August 2004 and they were approved in the first half of 2010.  

Thank you for your response. It also didn't make sense to me but I'm not sure what our approval date is. I'm not finding it anywhere but when I logged into the USCI website, they said "Your case was approved on August 26th 2004. Is there anywhere I can check to see something actually staring the approval date? The I 797 we received does not have an approval date printed, that part is blank (it's a receipt notice) 

Filed: Other Timeline

USCIS sends an approval letter to the petitioner as far as I can recall.  Please call USCIS and confirm that.  If it is indeed 2004, then unfortunately CSPA will not help as both individuals with birth year 1991 and 1993 are beyond 21 years of age even after deducting 2 months from the ages.

I hope your Mom's application approval date is somewhere July/August 2010.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.