GazLisa

Getting necessary paperwork together

9 posts in this topic

OK so it's 66 days since we filed for our fiance visa and we are gathering all our papers together in preparation for receiving our NOA2 😀. 

So far I have collected all forms for my medical including Doctors medical summary, ordering police certificate and have already received my vaccinations history. 

My fiance in USA has got her tax returns for previous 3 years plus last year's W2 form and is currently getting statements from work, bank and pay stubs, along with writing another letter of intent. 

I even went to my opticians and got my eye test results from last year even though they aren't needed, I don't want to leave anything to chance 😁. 

Is there anything else we have missed. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Since you still have a lot of time, why don't your fiancé get her/his tax transcripts rather than just the returns?

Also, you'll need your birth certificate, originals of any divorce decrees and birth certificates if either of you have any children. Police records from any other country you've lived in? Also, do you have all the necessary vaccines? If not, you could get them ahead of time. Also, make sure you get the most up to date pay stubs, employment letter and affidavit to bring to the interview. It might still be several months from now.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

10 minutes ago, A'n'L said:

Since you still have a lot of time, why don't your fiancé get her/his tax transcripts rather than just the returns?

Also, you'll need your birth certificate, originals of any divorce decrees and birth certificates if either of you have any children. Police records from any other country you've lived in? Also, do you have all the necessary vaccines? If not, you could get them ahead of time. Also, make sure you get the most up to date pay stubs, employment letter and affidavit to bring to the interview. It might still be several months from now.

Got my long version birth certificate we both  don't have any kids,or both  never been married, I meant to type tax transcript lol 😂 my fiance will send me pay stubs closer to my interview, already got her affidavit of support, also in process of getting employment letter ✉ 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Gary JT said:

Got my long version birth certificate we both  don't have any kids,or both  never been married, I meant to type tax transcript lol 😂 my fiance will send me pay stubs closer to my interview, already got her affidavit of support, also in process of getting employment letter ✉ 

It's probably fine, but if I were you I would hold off on getting any dated documents until your interview is scheduled or at least you have your NOA2. You don't want a picky CO send you home with a request for up-to-date signatures.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

26 minutes ago, A'n'L said:

It's probably fine, but if I were you I would hold off on getting any dated documents until your interview is scheduled or at least you have your NOA2. You don't want a picky CO send you home with a request for up-to-date signatures.

Thank you for helping ☺ 

6 hours ago, A'n'L said:

Maybe we are over prepared 😵

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
10 hours ago, Gary JT said:

OK so it's 66 days since we filed for our fiance visa and we are gathering all our papers together in preparation for receiving our NOA2 😀. 

So far I have collected all forms for my medical including Doctors medical summary, ordering police certificate and have already received my vaccinations history. 

My fiance in USA has got her tax returns for previous 3 years plus last year's W2 form and is currently getting statements from work, bank and pay stubs, along with writing another letter of intent. 

I even went to my opticians and got my eye test results from last year even though they aren't needed, I don't want to leave anything to chance 😁. 

Is there anything else we have missed. 

Gary JT, people who interview for  K1 in London typically take two proofs of income. Good ones are:

The latest tax transcript (or tax return+W2)

Employer Letter

They would approve you on just one of the above. You for sure won't need three proofs.. It's way easier than you think, but suit yourself and take as much as you want.

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

Gary JT, people who interview for  K1 in London typically take two proofs of income. Good ones are:

The latest tax transcript (or tax return+W2)

Employer Letter

They would approve you on just one of the above. You for sure won't need three proofs.. It's way easier than you think, but suit yourself and take as much as you want.

That's good to know @Wuozopo I'll bear that in mind closer to my interview 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.