13 posts in this topic

Someone responded and recommend I move my post to here, not sure how to do that so will just re-post and delete my other one in the K-1 forum. 

My fiance is Filipina with Permanent Japanese resident status and lives in Japan. I am in the USA. She received her letter from Embassy in Japan and told me she needed a CENOMAR (Neither she nor I knew what it was! She moved to Japan when she was 24yrs old).  I researched it and found I can order it online for her but it would take 6-8 weeks! However I thought I had read that you can get it expedited outside the Philippines. I cannot wait 6-8 weeks for this. I did email them as they directed on thieir website for more information, however I have not heard from them yet.  Does anyone have experience in ordering this and having it sent to Japan??  How long did it take? Did you use regular Philippine post??   Any valid informations is greatly appreciated!!! Maraming Salamat!

While I did not have mine sent to Japan, my CENOMAR was sent to me in a week (I was based in Metro Manila). I applied for my copy through ecensus.com.ph. By default, I think they use a private courier--2go.

With that being said, maybe you can send it to someone in Manila, then forward it to your fiance in Japan? Just a suggestion.

Edited by ButterFinger

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, fcchief said:

Someone responded and recommend I move my post to here, not sure how to do that so will just re-post and delete my other one in the K-1 forum. 

My fiance is Filipina with Permanent Japanese resident status and lives in Japan. I am in the USA. She received her letter from Embassy in Japan and told me she needed a CENOMAR (Neither she nor I knew what it was! She moved to Japan when she was 24yrs old).  I researched it and found I can order it online for her but it would take 6-8 weeks! However I thought I had read that you can get it expedited outside the Philippines. I cannot wait 6-8 weeks for this. I did email them as they directed on thieir website for more information, however I have not heard from them yet.  Does anyone have experience in ordering this and having it sent to Japan??  How long did it take? Did you use regular Philippine post??   Any valid informations is greatly appreciated!!! Maraming Salamat!

I tried to post to you in "another forum" but they kept deleting the links.

Here is a link to info, the link for PSA is half way down.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa

I will add the PSA link just in case you have issue finding it.

https://nsohelpline.ph/

Doubt the time frame is 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Did your fiancee already have the NBI from the Philippines?

Edited by Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

She has her NBI. thanks for the info. I already have contacted NSO to see how I can get it sent to her in Japan in a reasonable amount of time. And I have been to the site to apply for one. I was wondering if anyone had their fiance or their CENOMAR sent outside the Philippines and the time it took for the recipient to receive it. I appreciate the comments and to Butterfinger, she does not have any relatives or friends in the Manila area. Her nearest relative is in Lupao. Otherwise I would have her relatives get it and mail it to her. 

Timeline

We get a few from HK SG or Japan from time to time.. most times it is with questions about getting the CENOMAR, trouble is they don't return to give an update. :( 

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

If it were me I wouldn't trust anything with PhilPost. :(

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Well seems I can go 2 routes, I called PSA (old NSO) and they said they only deliver to the Philippines. Yes she has a sister who could receive the CENOMAR, BUT my fiance would have to mail her  sister a letter authorizing her to receive it as well as a copy of her ID. (Her sister would have to have these in hand prior to me ordering her CENOMAR. Then once her sister received it she would have to mail it to my fiance in Japan.   I did go to ecensus.com.ph and see that they will deliver to Japan. So will talk to my fiance and probably go that route. So will update as needed. I have not filled out her DS-160 yet as I am waiting for some paperwork to arrive from my fiance.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, keyakikaye said:

hello fcchief! May I ask how long did it take for your fiance living in Japan to receive the cenomar from Philippines? 

I would ask the question in its own new thread.  This one is over a year old and I am not sure the originals are still here.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 hours ago, keyakikaye said:

hello fcchief! May I ask how long did it take for your fiance living in Japan to receive the cenomar from Philippines? 

Many things with e-census have changed in the past year ... thank goodness.

https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Default.aspx

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.