lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, laufine said:

It's happy to see more VJers get the update. Hope this will happen to AZ filers. 

So going on the theory of being in line a month before your 3 or 5 year anniversary , it will be interesting to see if you go in line around the 24th!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
1 hour ago, Waitinggame16 said:

Yes what lovelyalex said sums it up. I've seen from the cases I've been tracking that most in my field office get the letter after about 2 months in line and then the interview is a month later . However that is just my field office. Others seem to fly through 

I'm in Los Angeles and I started looking over the previous months to see how long things took for them.  I'll look more detailed to get a better idea.

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

1 hour ago, Waitinggame16 said:

So going on the theory of being in line a month before your 3 or 5 year anniversary , it will be interesting to see if you go in line around the 24th!

Is this really a thing?  Do you know how this come about to being the magic date?

(I am going to lose my mind if they made me wait until my GC anniversary)

11 minutes ago, hopephilly said:

Oh ! That's what I thought . I will go back tomorrow get it .

thanks a lot :)

There is also a cool app now as well!

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

2 minutes ago, lovelyalex said:

Is this really a thing?  Do you know how this come about to being the magic date?

@lovelyalex I'm just going by another thread which I think is March or April that they discuss this. However , you have had your green card over 5 years right? So it wouldn't apply to you anyway. 

Im sure this is just another thing that we all grasp on to while waiting for the next step but on the month I read a lot of people did move the week they hit one month prior to their 5 year anniversary 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

To dear immigration officer:

Dear USCIS, please change my online status to in line for interview. I appreciate your help officer. 

Thank you

Edited by Mehrdad576

Google drive link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo

Feel free to add yourself 

Naturalization process:

05/16/2017, N-400 delivered 
05/19/2017, E-Notification and check cashed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
7 minutes ago, lovelyalex said:

Thank you Lovelyalex . But I still want the book hhhhi 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Waitinggame16 said:

Are you an early filer too? What is your GC issue date ? 

Yeah my green card date is August 10, 2012

Google drive link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo

Naturalization process:

Just now, Mehrdad576 said:

Yeah my green card date is August 10, 2012

And mine is August 2nd. I think us early filers have to wait longer than those who are past their 5 year anniversary. I am now fully mentally prepared that I won't go in line until after July 2nd because that's my month before 5 year anniversary 

Timeline
Just now, Waitinggame16 said:

And mine is August 2nd. I think us early filers have to wait longer than those who are past their 5 year anniversary. I am now fully mentally prepared that I won't go in line until after July 2nd because that's my month before 5 year anniversary 

Thats what i was thinking. But based on this backlog they should!  I think the reason that USCIS is busy, is because of trump. Many people had their green card and didn't care to become us citizen but after election everyone is  afraid and trying to become citizen. God bless you Mr trump for every trouble you caused or will cause us. You sir, Made America great already by your scandals!

Google drive link:

Naturalization process:

6 minutes ago, Mehrdad576 said:

Thats what i was thinking. But based on this backlog they should!  I think the reason that USCIS is busy, is because of trump. Many people had their green card and didn't care to become us citizen but after election everyone is  afraid and trying to become citizen. God bless you Mr trump for every trouble you caused or will cause us. You sir, Made America great already by your scandals!

@Mehrdad576 Can we leave politics out of this?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Gazy said:

@Mehrdad576 Can we leave politics out of this?

I was just talking about what's causing a delay on our applications!!!!

Google drive link:

Naturalization process:

15 minutes ago, Mehrdad576 said:

I was just talking about what's causing a delay on our applications!!!!

@Mehrdad576 You are attempting to  assign reasons for the delay on our applications by blaming someone who is the President of the country and his policies. Now that is politics... and I am only suggesting to you that, we cut out such things on this forum because there could be dissenting views. You are free to disagree! Just a suggestion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.