JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

After finishing my interview last Tuesday, I received my passport back in the mail on Thursday.
This is the point at which people using the old process would have received their "do not open" envelope to take with them to the border, but all I got back was my passport with the visa.

The visa has an annotation saying "IV Documents in CCD".

I also received an email telling me that I need to pay the "USCIS Immigrant Fee" ($220 USD).

The instructions on how to pay were a bit confusing because it mentions that I need to log onto a website and  "Enter your A-Number and DOS Case ID. You will find your Alien Number and DOS Case I.D. Number attached to the front of your Visa Package which is being mailed to you."  

Obviously I didn't receive a visa package because of the new process, but I eventually figured out the numbers I needed were also on the visa document itself, as mentioned on this page under the "Visa Stamp" section: https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-finding-your-number-and-dos-case-id

Thanks for the helpful information. I'll probably reach out to you when I get my passport. Still waiting for it. CEAC website still shows ready and I'm assuming that it's because of the national holidays for both countries Monday and Tuesday (Canada and US).

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nah. I submitted my AOS and received an email late the following day. From past stories, give it a few days. 

Im just eager and feel like time is not on my side anymore! Must get the last document and submit immediately!

We were recently approved of our NOA2 and since my spouse is in Rio de Janeiro then we are assuming we are going this route. With that, we are preparing for the next stages, and I'm curious if anyone uploaded optional documents in Step 4 of the "How to Upload Documents to CEAC" packet. I'm not clear as to what other documents would/could be helpful. Or did most of you all leave this section empty?  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/images/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

3 hours ago, HessicaS said:

We were recently approved of our NOA2 and since my spouse is in Rio de Janeiro then we are assuming we are going this route. With that, we are preparing for the next stages, and I'm curious if anyone uploaded optional documents in Step 4 of the "How to Upload Documents to CEAC" packet. I'm not clear as to what other documents would/could be helpful. Or did most of you all leave this section empty?  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/images/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

The options you can select when you upload optional civil documents are:

Adoption Documentation

Birth Certificate

Criminal Court and Prison Records

Form DS-234 Special Immigrant Visa Biodata Form

Iraqi Family Book

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Termination Documentation

Military Records

Military-Civilian Identification Badge

Other

Passport Biographic Page

Petitioner's Birth Certificate

Petitioner's Marriage Certificate

Petitioner's Marriage Termination Documentation

Photographs

Police Certificate

Proof of Legal Residence in Foreign Country

Proof of LPR Status

Proof of U.S. Citizenship

Proof of U.S. Citizenship or LPR Status

Refugee Benefits Election Form

Translation

I didn't upload any of these as they didn't apply to my case.

I'm guessing they will mark these 'required' for your case if they think its applicable, but you have the option of uploading them if you think it's needed.

Timeline
On 7/3/2017 at 0:42 PM, K&Kir said:

@Toronto88 did you submit your stuff?

Minor update: I submitted all my documents on July 4th. Morning of July 5th, everything was accepted besides my birth certificate from Pakistan. I had some back and forth emails with the NVC regarding the birth certificate. Long story short, I need to get a new birth certificate made (which will take about 1-2 weeks). Will keep everyone posted. Cheers 

4 minutes ago, Toronto88 said:

Minor update: I submitted all my documents on July 4th. Morning of July 5th, everything was accepted besides my birth certificate from Pakistan. I had some back and forth emails with the NVC regarding the birth certificate. Long story short, I need to get a new birth certificate made (which will take about 1-2 weeks). Will keep everyone posted. Cheers 

I've noticed from other threads that birth certificate for Canada is an issue. They're really picky on how it is and to have the parents name on it. 

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Finayyy said:

I've noticed from other threads that birth certificate for Canada is an issue. They're really picky on how it is and to have the parents name on it. 

I ordered a long form that is a certified copy with stamp....hope that works?

@Toronto88 I'm still waiting on Canada police clearance. We were quoted 6-8 weeks and we are on the 6th week now. Hopefully im next up at bat! 

Timeline

Hello folks, 

I had my medical check yesterday at Medisys in Montreal, Canada.

I paid $435 dollars for vision, height, weight, blood pressure check, blood test, urine test, x-ray, doctor's consultation.

While I waited for the first very test (x-ray), I filled out a questionnaire asking my medical history, some basic information about my case (case number, passport number, etc)

It took exactly 2 hours and I was served right on time.

There was no unexpected situation.

Everything went smoothly :)

I brought my vaccination record and submitted to a receptionist at the beginning.

The doctor didn't ask anything about vaccination.

Vaccination part could cost the most if you don't have them updated. *Varicella, MMR, Tdap, flu vaccine(applied only in winter)

One thing that draw my attention was *No one knew about the new system which caused a problem with Packet 4.*

I brought a copy of the email from NVC indicating the interview date.

The receptionist asked me to submit Packet 4 which is not the case for the new system.

I explained her I'm in the new system but she just kept saying that must be in my junk mail.

In a result, I was the first case they've seen with the new system and a person who seems to be a head receptionist let me go through.

Yet, that person also wasn't sure about the letter I brought. 

Anyway, it will take 3-5 days to pickup the result. 

My interview day is in 2 weeks and few days at Montreal embassy.

I'll post a review..

I hope everything goes well.

Cheers.

Edited by Min & Mark

Timeline
4 hours ago, jle2234 said:

Is there a separate thread for June 2017 upload filers? My Case Complete date was June 22nd. Still waiting on interview date for Montreal Embassy.

Wow, that's a long wait time to get an interview date assigned. It seems you were part of the new upload system. Did you try emailing CANVCEDP@state.gov 

As you may know, this email is specifically for folks going through the upload system. Also to answer your question, I don't believe there is a separate thread for June upload filers. Not enough applicants for new system yet it seems to have new threads each month. 

Timeline

Wow, I really hope that it does not take that long to get interview date! In past posts, people were contacted within 24hrs... maybe the new system is taking off now, as in a lot of new people! Gotta keep my fingers crossed that it's still a fast turnaround from submitting stuff.  

@Min & Mark thanks for the detail on the medical, we will have to work out something in Toronto if it takes 3-5 days to get results! I wasn't thinking that we would be in Montreal for very long, so we should probably get it done when she vacations to Toronto. 

Still shocked that a CC from June has not been assigned an interview...I'd call them every day if that was me. Maybe with all the holidays? Here's to luck!

Timeline
11 hours ago, K&Kir said:

Wow, I really hope that it does not take that long to get interview date! In past posts, people were contacted within 24hrs... maybe the new system is taking off now, as in a lot of new people! Gotta keep my fingers crossed that it's still a fast turnaround from submitting stuff.  

@Min & Mark thanks for the detail on the medical, we will have to work out something in Toronto if it takes 3-5 days to get results! I wasn't thinking that we would be in Montreal for very long, so we should probably get it done when she vacations to Toronto. 

Still shocked that a CC from June has not been assigned an interview...I'd call them every day if that was me. Maybe with all the holidays? Here's to luck!

I called yesterday and was told it still hasn't been scheduled. I took only one business day for NVC to review and approve my documents, so I'm not sure what the hold up is. The Embassy in Montreal has had three holidays since my Case Completed notification (St. Jean Baptiste Day, Canada Day and Independence Day), so perhaps they are backlogged. I will keep you updated.

Incidentally, if you call the NVC re: an immigrant visa interview that is processed through the new e-filing system, you must choose option "5" on the automated menu (you'd think option "4", but that is for people using the traditional filing method).

6 minutes ago, jle2234 said:

I called yesterday and was told it still hasn't been scheduled. I took only one business day for NVC to review and approve my documents, so I'm not sure what the hold up is. The Embassy in Montreal has had three holidays since my Case Completed notification (St. Jean Baptiste Day, Canada Day and Independence Day), so perhaps they are backlogged. I will keep you updated.

Incidentally, if you call the NVC re: an immigrant visa interview that is processed through the new e-filing system, you must choose option "5" on the automated menu (you'd think option "4", but that is for people using the traditional filing method).

Scheduling an interview might take time with Montreal as they're usually slow to respond. I was fortunate to get a response quickly as I mentioned that my wife was pregnant and that they had an opening available. 

NVC usually contacts the embassy and the embassy will get back to them with the first available appointment. 

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.