JBMG

NVC EP (Electronic processing) FILERS - May 2017

87 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, rahill said:

So I read on the NVC website that once you select mail processing you can not switch to email processing. I didn't realize that Ethiopia allowed email processing because I was only looking at the box that listed consulates that allow you to upload online. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 10.01.51 AM.png

Well they haven't received your documents yet by mail. So I would email now.. This will be registered first. :)  They also said, if you can't upload everything in one email, then send by mail.. That's not true as there have people who sent 2 emails and it was accepted.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, abe.wichner said:

We submitted DS-260 online and we sent the documents to the NVC by Email (our NVC case number starts with AMM) like 3 days ago and still nothing has shown up! It still says Action required: Submit requested documents

How long does it usually take to show up or to know they received our documents?

@abe.wichner You can follow this forum. This is normal.. this won't change until you receive a "Case Complete" (CC)..  Meanwhile, you can call them to see if they have received your email.. 

Click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm. 

See Example

If your status still reads "Action required: Submit requested documents", you can call the NVC to ask if your case is under review. 

Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017  with your latest status.

• When you receive a CC or if your case is under review.   
  • If you have not received a CC or you are not under review, update your notes. 
    • "May 26 - Morning - Called, still not under review"  (please put date first in your notes). 

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

================================

Calling from outside of the US

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/11/2017 at 7:39 PM, Bernard & Colette said:

Thank you Toronto 88! I tried logging on using Safari and got a very strange message, attached below. I entered the correct "I'm not a robot" letters and numbers and it came back with that error message. I will contact NVC tomorrow and see what can be done. 

Just so you know USCIS approved our NOA2 on May 8th, sent it out on May 18th. NVC received it on May 25th and I called NVC every single day and finally got the new NVC case number and invoice number on June 9th (Friday). Hope that helps give you an idea of when you will get your number. Thanks for the help 👍

Thanks for sharing this information Bernard. I was wondering, how long did you have to wait for a welcome email after you received the case number? Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

The NVC reviewed our documents at they sent us a checklist of the missing documents which was financial evidence but that is supposed to be sent to the interview. The other piece of evidence we forgot to send was the original marriage certificate. I called the NVC just now and they said that they received the email from us, but they always say it will take 11 weeks. So my question is: did they review our documents already by sending us that checklist for missing evidence? I don't think it will take 11 weeks to review one more document. So I hope we have a case complete next week. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Leeatomsa said:

Good morning I wanted to know what are all the filing fees for the visa? I'm getting different amounts. I only would like to know the fees on my side not the interview fee or medical for him.

Hi, you can join this forum to help you with your questions. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi :) so i got a checklist on July 20, was asking for W2 but my joint sponsor owns his own business so he doesn't make w2 for himself. i sent six months of bank statements but i guess that wasn't enough. So other than W2 what else could i take to the interview as proof of income? Also on july 26 my case status changed from at NVC to READY but i didn't get a cc confirmation email, do you always get that or is it like they send it here and there? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, sunny01 said:

Hi :) so i got a checklist on July 20, was asking for W2 but my joint sponsor owns his own business so he doesn't make w2 for himself. i sent six months of bank statements but i guess that wasn't enough. So other than W2 what else could i take to the interview as proof of income? Also on july 26 my case status changed from at NVC to READY but i didn't get a cc confirmation email, do you always get that or is it like they send it here and there? 

1099s

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sunny01 said:

gotcha! thanks :)

Sure thing. ;) If your joint sponsor has their own business, they'll have 1099s instead of w2's. ;) 

Timeline

Hi, just wanted to say thank you to everybody, We finally got our interview date yesterday after such a long time and couldn't be happier. Now we are just getting ready for this last step before flying back together.  Thanks so much :)

sent in the aos and iv packages- July 7 

the case number changed from guz to gzo-  July 10 

checklist for proof of income to bring to the interview-  July 20 

status changed to ready- july 26 

status changed to administrative processing- july 28 

recieved interview date letter - july 29 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

In case anyone else is from China and still waiting to get to the point of submitting documents to NVC, here is our case:

Aug. 01, 2017 - Submitted DS-260 and supporting documents

Aug. 02, 2017 - Received email with new GZO number (for China GUZ is initially assigned but when email processing is selected the case number converts to a new GZO number)

Aug. 09, 2017 - CC (Ceac shows "At NVC" and the AOS fee line disappeared)

We know someone else from china who did paper processing (their lawyer is lazy) and it took ~8 weeks to get to case complete, as compared to our ~1 week.

Relationship:     First met 2015, Married since Oct 2016

Spoiler

2015 Apr - First met and started chatting online (he was in the US on a J-1 visa)

2015 Sep - J-1 visa expires (2 year home stay requirement)

2016 Feb - First trip to China (10 days): met friends and family, celebrated Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), lots of sightseeing (including seeing pandas), and lots of food

2016 Feb 06 - Purchase matching jade necklaces to mark engagement

2016 Jun/Jul - Second trip to China (10 days): lots more sightseeing, food, and time with friends/family

2016 Sep/Oct - Third trip to China (10 days) this time with my parents so that my parents could meet him and his mom, along with lots of sightseeing and food (i'm sure you've picked up on a trend by now :D)

2016 Oct - At the end of the time in China my parents, myself, and Xuan all traveled to Canada (7 days) so that we could get married, but unfortunately his mom couldn't come along with us.

2016 Oct 08 - Wedding day on top of Mount Washington on Vancouver Island, and it had just snowed the night before. (L)(L)

2017 Jan - Fourth trip to China (7 days), you guessed it: food, family, friends, spring festival, ...

The CR-1 Process:    NOA1 - PD 27 Dec 2016 (TSC)

Spoiler

2016 Dec 21 - Sent I-130 packet (along with G-1145 for e-notification) by USPS priority mail express (1-day), but missed the pick-up so it won't actually leave till the next day

2016 Dec 23 - Delivery confirmed by USPS

2017 Jan 03 - Payment drawn from bank account

2017 Jan 04 - Text and email confirming USCIS receipt of petition, assignment to Texas Service Center for processing and SRC case number

2017 Jan 09 - Received I-797c notice of action by mail (NOA1) with assigned priority date of 27 Dec 2016

2017 ??? ......... just waiting patiently for NOA2 (hopefully by April/May if they ever stop transferring cases from Nebraska)

Timeline

Hello Email filers,

Just wanted to let you know that I've created a Facebook group page for all Feb-July NVC scan dates. Please join us if you've already had your interview. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MAMJ2017/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.