Have Faith

Permanent Resident Petitioning Spouse From the Philippines

21 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I just want to ask something. My husband is an LPA in AZ. We got married in the PH last Sept 2016 and when he got back in US, he already filed for an I-130. Our PD is on November 2016. Do you know how long ours will take? I'm so clueless.

Hi matchabby!

Since your visa category is f2a (spouse of LPR) your priority date will take approximately 1.5-2 years before it becomes current.

You can google visa bulletin and check the movement of the priority dates as they are updated every month.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I just want to ask something. My husband is an LPA in AZ. We got married in the PH last Sept 2016 and when he got back in US, he already filed for an I-130. Our PD is on November 2016. Do you know how long ours will take? I'm so clueless.

Hi matchabby. For May 2017 visa bulletin, current priority date is 15 July 2015. You can check the visa bulletin for your pd here. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

• 3 months later...
Timeline
On 4/27/2017 at 1:17 AM, rj29 said:

Just want to share what we did recently.

My gf was petitioned as F1 and arrived in the US last Dec 2016. She received her green card on Feb 2017 and returned here in the Philippines this March. We then got married and while she was here, we prepared the Forms I-130 and I-130A.

She returned to US on Apr 1 and filed the petition on Apr 6. She received the Notice of Action (Form I-797C) on April 21, 2017. I now have my priority date.

Hi! We are on the same page here. I also filed for my husband i-130. My PD is August 3,2017. Hope we could share each others info on this journey. :) Btw, are you in California Service Center too? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Krdm said:

Hi! We are on the same page here. I also filed for my husband i-130. My PD is August 3,2017. Hope we could share each others info on this journey. :) Btw, are you in California Service Center too? 

Hello! Im on the same situation also. I filed our on  I-130  May 17 and got our PD May 24, 2017. Still waiting for our NOA2. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Krdm said:

Hello Krdm! My PD is April 10, 2017 and yes California Service Center also. :)

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 8/13/2017 at 8:44 PM, rj29 said:

Hello Krdm! My PD is April 10, 2017 and yes California Service Center also. :)

Hi guys. Reading through this forum gave me so much information on the process and the timeline to wait for f2a PD to be current.  Thank you so much.  By the way, my PD is July 19, 2017, Texas SC. Received NOA 1 July 24, 2017.  Just have a few questions though. What is the role of NOA1 in the f2a process? Also, since I have a valid tourist visa and was in the US twice before the f2a filing, do you suppose I can still visit my husband for few weeks or will I have a hard time getting in at the port of entry since I have an active f2a visa application on the way? I am currently employed and visiting my husband for few weeks yearly has been like an annual thing since he left :) Thank you so much and God bless you all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.