29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, loreal said:

Hi amaada. Thanks for sharing. If i may ask, how old was your cenomar during your interview?

Four months. I was approved in four months. :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, amaada said:

Four months. I was approved in four months. :)

wow that's great to hear! how many cenomars did they need? and how many birth certs too?

Timeline
8 hours ago, loreal said:

Hello everyone. I have a query regarding the requirements during the interview. I already have my cenomar last feb, i had my NOA1 last march 1 and i still dont have the noa 2. Would there be problems if my cenomar would be 4-5months old during the interview? Has anyone experienced this? Another question is how many CENOMARs and Birth certs do i need to prepare? Thanks in advance to those who will respond. :D

CENOMAR is valid for 6 months so if your interview schedule is within the 6 month validity of your CENOMAR then you should be good. I too have applied for my CENOMAR 2 months after my NOA1. Hopefully we get approved soon so we don't have to request for it again. That piece of paper isn't cheap.

Timeline
Just now, notantifun said:

CENOMAR is valid for 6 months so if your interview schedule is within the 6 month validity of your CENOMAR then you should be good. I too have applied for my CENOMAR 2 months after my NOA1. Hopefully we get approved soon so we don't have to request for it again. That piece of paper isn't cheap.

Yea it aint cheap especially if you order it online. I only got one i dont know how many i would really need.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, loreal said:

Yea it aint cheap especially if you order it online. I only got one i dont know how many i would really need.

I included 1 original copy of my CENOMAR in our i129f. I thought why not. That I ordered online. Last month I ordered 2 copies this time at SM business center. It's cheaper by 50% but took a month before I got them. Next time I'll either go directly to NSO or just order online.

5 hours ago, notantifun said:

Exactly, it must be valid when you present it, if in doubt, pay the fee and don't get flagged waiting for a new one

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
16 hours ago, loreal said:

Hello everyone. I have a query regarding the requirements during the interview. I already have my cenomar last feb, i had my NOA1 last march 1 and i still dont have the noa 2. Would there be problems if my cenomar would be 4-5months old during the interview? Has anyone experienced this? Another question is how many CENOMARs and Birth certs do i need to prepare? Thanks in advance to those who will respond. :D

Hi Loreal ,

As far as I know, documents should be valid for 6 months. I would suggest that you get all your requirements after you get the case number in NVC, once you get it you can prepare the required documents.

These are the required documents :

BIRTH CERTIFICATE:

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and MARRIAGE TERMINATION PAPERS:

UNOBTAINABLE BIRTH CERTIFICATES:

POLICE CERTIFICATES: Each applicant aged 16 years or over is required to submit a police certificate from the police authorities of each locality where the applicant has resided for twelve months or more since attaining the age of sixteen. 

PHOTOGRAPHS: Two (2) color photographs are required for each applicant, regardless of age.  The photographs must be full face 2 inches (about 50mm) square, unretouched and unmounted, with white background.  No head covering or glasses should be worn.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: Evidence which will show that you and your children, if any, are not likely to become public charges in the United States. If an affidavit of support is to be submitted, Form 1-134 should be used.

Regards :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
15 hours ago, notantifun said:

hi, did you order it online and address the CENOMAR on US Embassy in the Philippines? CENOMAR should send to US embassy and make sure you have the NVC number . If not , US embassy might misplace your cenomar.

Other documents I mentioned below you need it on interview except for the CENOMAR, they MUST receive it from the NSO.

Happy Easter

Timeline
2 hours ago, khristine0509 said:

hi, did you order it online and address the CENOMAR on US Embassy in the Philippines? CENOMAR should send to US embassy and make sure you have the NVC number . If not , US embassy might misplace your cenomar.

Other documents I mentioned below you need it on interview except for the CENOMAR, they MUST receive it from the NSO.

Happy Easter

This was what i said need a re-verification for us embassy even not online once they go to psa and handed the case number they(psa) knows where to send it

Timeline
13 hours ago, khristine0509 said:

Happy Easter

The CENOMAR I included in our i129f packet I ordered online. I have 2 copies that I ordered through SM Business center which I thought I could use for the interview. I didn't know about the the rule that CENOMAR has to be sent directly to the USEm. Is this a new rule. I honestly have never heard of it. And now I feel bad paying for the 2 CENOMAR copies I have now :(

11 hours ago, You&me15 said:

This was what i said need a re-verification for us embassy even not online once they go to psa and handed the case number they(psa) knows where to send it

Sorry what is PSA?

Timeline
5 hours ago, notantifun said:

The CENOMAR I included in our i129f packet I ordered online. I have 2 copies that I ordered through SM Business center which I thought I could use for the interview. I didn't know about the the rule that CENOMAR has to be sent directly to the USEm. Is this a new rule. I honestly have never heard of it. And now I feel bad paying for the 2 CENOMAR copies I have now :(

Sorry what is PSA?

Philippine statictic authority formerly known as national statistic office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.