Berehilina

April 2017 i130 petiton for parent

319 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I certainly will! I'm not expecting to hear anything until end of month/beginning of March and am really hoping to have an interview date in April. We'll see... all this waiting and not knowing anything is so stressful!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, kimkooks said:

I certainly will! I'm not expecting to hear anything until end of month/beginning of March and am really hoping to have an interview date in April. We'll see... all this waiting and not knowing anything is so stressful!

Thank you.  I will keep tracking your timeline.  Also would be helpful to know what sort of questions they will ask at the interview. 

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:47 AM, Berehilina said:

Congratulations 

Thank you! 

I-130 for my step daughter

4/6 - I-130 sent USPS

4/7- I-130 received at Chicago Lockbox

4/12 - Money order cashed

4/13 - Notice of acceptance (Text/ email) - Case assigned to TEXAS

4/18 - Notice of acceptance (regular mail USPS)

10/4- RFE - for intial evidence notice online

10/19/2017 RFE notice received

10/20/17 - RFE response sent

10/21/2017 - RFE delivered to USCIS address

10/23/2017 - USCIS system updated " Response to USCIS request for evidence was received

1/22/2018 - Approved (Tier2 informed me by phone)

2/8/2018 - Case Sent to NVC

2/21/2018 - NVC received case 

3/30/2018 - Case & Invoice number over the phone

3/30/2018 - DS-261 completed

4/2/2018 - Welcome letter by email

4/3/2018 -  Paid $120 & $325

4/10/2018 - Sent IV & AOS documents

4/11/2018 -  Post office delivered documents to NVC

4/11/2018 - Completed DS260

4/23/2018 -  Case Completed

1 hour ago, StarMenace said:

Congrats!!!

Thank you! 

4/6 - I-130 sent USPS

10/23/2017 - USCIS system updated " Response to USCIS request for evidence was received

1 hour ago, kimkooks said:

My case finally completed at NVC after 12.5 weeks! I really think it fell through the cracks somehow as they say the review period is 11 weeks (and I see most get reviewed by 6-8 weeks) but I kept being told 11 weeks and there was nothing they could do etc. I contacted my senator and congressman at 11 weeks and they followed up and it was sent to supervisor review and completed last week. Thank goodness! My mum is now in line for an interview in London. The NVC process is crazy but I'm glad we are done with it now. Good luck to everyone waiting and make sure you advocate for yourselves with the NVC by calling them and whoever else is necessary!

Congratulations ! 

4/6 - I-130 sent USPS

Timeline
On 2/13/2018 at 10:59 AM, MrsKhan said:

Thank you.  I will keep tracking your timeline.  Also would be helpful to know what sort of questions they will ask at the interview. 

Well I didn't expect to update so soon but we received the email in early hours with an interview date of march 12th! Wow! The case completed last Friday and we had the interview date only a few days late on wednesday. Medical is booked for the 3rd which is closer that I would like but she is going very prepared with Dr notes and history etc. A week ago I was in total anguish that the case had been at NVC for 12 weeks with no news at all. Keep hanging on everyone!

Edited by kimkooks

Timeline

The Case is with NVC now and after a month of submitting all the documents, I received a Corresponding email asking for corrected Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). I already got the PCC in the official format. Does anyone over here from India know what is the correct format? The section they pointed me does not provide any information.

NVC Response:

"

We cannot accept the police certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we can continue to process your case. To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at NVC site, Select your country from the menu on the left side of the page. The next page will be your country's "Reciprocity Schedule."

Click on "Police, Court, Prison Records" on the bottom. This will take you to a page with the exact
requirements for the type of police certificate you must submit to NVC.
If your documents are not in English or the language of the country where you will have your interview,
you must include a certified translation. The translation must include a statement that says:
* the translation is accurate
* the translator is competent to translate.
10 - Passport Police Certificate - All Indian nationals aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police clearance certificates from the Regional Passport Office.

"

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, tbadlov said:

Hi all,

If it helps anyone, we just got notification about my mother in law's care being produced. Our priority date was April 13th, 2017.

Cheers!

Congratulations, , tbadlovis your mother-in-law at USA now, did you file I-485 too? Thanks.

Just now, Diana and John said:

Congratulations, , tbadlovis your mother-in-law at USA now, did you file I-485 too? Thanks.

Thank you. Yes, she is in the USA and has been here for the duration of the process. We have filed I-130 and I-485 concurrently (in addition to the rest of the forms  needed). Also to note, we haven't requested an EAD or Advanced Parole. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, tbadlov said:

Thank you. Yes, she is in the USA and has been here for the duration of the process. We have filed I-130 and I-485 concurrently (in addition to the rest of the forms  needed). Also to note, we haven't requested an EAD or Advanced Parole. 

Thank you for get back to us, our case is processing at national benefit center, we cannot find the timeline for this center. Our priority date is 7/10, we got EAD and AP on 10/5, after that we did not hear anything, just kind of anxious.

Thank you for get back to us, our case is processing at national benefit center, we cannot find the timeline for this center. Our priority date is 7/10, we got EAD and AP on 10/5, after that we did not hear anything, just kind of anxious.

Oh trust me, the anxiety level in my house reached new levels. We have been waiting (somewhat patiently for 10 months). At one point, I had asked my wife to open a case to report that we were outside the normal processing times (we are also in the national benefit center). They responded in January 22nd saying that they are still looking into the case. A month later we got notification of the card being issued. However, the status of the other case (I-130) hasn't been updated. 

I figured it would take long, but not hearing back for so long raises anxiety level. My recommendation is to open a case once you are passed the 8th month point. You really have nothing to lose. 

Best of luck. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, tbadlov said:

Oh trust me, the anxiety level in my house reached new levels. We have been waiting (somewhat patiently for 10 months). At one point, I had asked my wife to open a case to report that we were outside the normal processing times (we are also in the national benefit center). They responded in January 22nd saying that they are still looking into the case. A month later we got notification of the card being issued. However, the status of the other case (I-130) hasn't been updated. 

I figured it would take long, but not hearing back for so long raises anxiety level. My recommendation is to open a case once you are passed the 8th month point. You really have nothing to lose. 

Best of luck. 

Do you know how to open a case?

Thanks

Do you know how to open a case?

Thanks

Yes, you just call the 1-800 number provide your I-130 Case #, listen to the electronic message that adds no value and then press the button (don't remember which one) that say that you have question about your petition. They will repeat to you that this is the most up to date info they have and you can still ask to speak to someone. Once you get someone on the phone, tell them that your case is beyond the normal processing time and you would to get an update.

Keep in mind that only the petitioner, applicant, or power of attorney can open a case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.