lyra14

Administrative Processing for Iranian Citizens

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, everyone :)

My Iranian fiance and I were able to schedule his interview at the Abu Dhabi embassy, but I only recently became aware of this administrative processing phase that seems to haunt almost all applicants that are from Iran. 

We've had no RFEs, my fiance has a somewhat uncommon Iranian first and last name, has no police records in Iran, and he was exempt from the mandatory Iranian army service due to a medical condition. 

Should we still expect our case to be deferred for additional processing? Have they been assigning this as much as before for Iranian citizens? 

I'm trying to get a realistic idea of whether or not we can return to the U.S. together after the interview...of if I should be planning on a reunion many months from now :unsure::(

Thank you in advance for your help!! 

It's a beautiful day to go after your dreams :star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi! I am adjusting status after marriage in the US to my Iranian husband, I don't have many answers for you but I have been looking for similar information. We got an RFIE last week but the letter hasn't arrived, I think it could be because they don't understand shenasnameh (basically birth record), so you can follow my posts if you want to see how Iranian records are being processed!

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi lyra! We've chosen Abu Dhabi for our interview,and we are worried about that too. I've heard most of Iranian go through administrative proccessing specially those who have a job (governmental job)!! But it happens by chance! So stay positive and hope for the best! 

And i have a question from you, when is ur interview date? Your timeline helps me a lot because we are one month after u. And i will appreciate ur help if u write ur fiance's experience on the interview later 😊

BTW there is a channel in telegram that people write their interview experiences, i can give it to u, if u like 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Update: I recommend you print out the Iran Reciprocity Schedule from travel.state.gov when you send in your shenasnameh with translation. Here is the RFIE we got. The USCIS agent at our InfoPass appointment said what we originally sent was fine, but whoever saw our application wasn't familiar with their own rules...

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 10.35.58 AM.png

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Middle East/North Africa regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 4/15/2017 at 0:27 PM, Farnaz said:

Hi lyra! We've chosen Abu Dhabi for our interview,and we are worried about that too. I've heard most of Iranian go through administrative proccessing specially those who have a job (governmental job)!! But it happens by chance! So stay positive and hope for the best! 

And i have a question from you, when is ur interview date? Your timeline helps me a lot because we are one month after u. And i will appreciate ur help if u write ur fiance's experience on the interview later 😊

BTW there is a channel in telegram that people write their interview experiences, i can give it to u, if u like 

Hi there Farnaz! 

Thank you for your reply :) Our interview is scheduled for May 16. I will definitely share his experience with you all! 

After NOA2, we waited a few weeks and then I called the NVC to obtain our case number. When I called, they said that our file had already been mailed to the embassy. I used our case number to then check on its status, and saw that it was labeled as "ready for interview". A few days later, I received an email from the embassy with several attachments that included instructions on how to schedule the interview date via their scheduling website, directions to complete the DS-160 form online, and a list of items that need to be brought to the interview. 

Yes, I would love to join the telegram channel. Thank you for letting me know about it!! Best of luck to you :)

On 4/15/2017 at 1:37 PM, Apfel said:

Update: I recommend you print out the Iran Reciprocity Schedule from travel.state.gov when you send in your shenasnameh with translation. Here is the RFIE we got. The USCIS agent at our InfoPass appointment said what we originally sent was fine, but whoever saw our application wasn't familiar with their own rules...

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 10.35.58 AM.png

Thank you so much for letting me know about this! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.