Phason

My experience with Tier 2 Support

18 posts in this topic

I spoke to a Tier 2 Supervisor 5 days ago. Tier 2 Supervisor Advised he would be emailing the officer at Nebraska Service Center who would be making a decision on our case, and we would receive a response in 1-5 days.  Our USCIS account states.  As of March 28, 2017, your general inquiry, referral number**********, is currently not assigned for processing.

Today was the 5th day, and still not assigned for processing. I called, and spoke to Tier one. Tomorrow it has been 7 months since our case was filed. He said tier 2 is not available and that it would be 3-5 days before I could get a call back. They can't give anymore status. They have a cut off point as to how many calls Tier 2's will take in a day.   Now I've got a secondary request going As of April 4, 2017, your Other - Tier 1, referral number **********, is currently not assigned for processing.

I almost expect there will never be any response.

Tier one kept asking for my A# but I'm a US Citizen, and I explained that.  He kept saying i understand how you must feel but offered no solutions. I feel like I'm going in circles, and worry our file may be lost because files with later priority dates have been approved.  The wait is getting more difficult, and I'm frustrated that I cannot even track my case. When we first started the process the processing times showed 5 months across the board. As soon as we apply the back log happened. Our priority date is 9/7/16.  It's really sad what they are putting people through.

Thanks,

Phadrea

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey..our PD is Aug 10, so even prior to yours. We faced the same with the Tier 2 - we were not receiving a call back and it had been 2 weeks. Finally one day, my husband and me called them nearly 5 times in one day asking for a response on our pending Tier 2 callback request. He finally received a callback at about 8 in the evening. But really all we got to know was that it was still within processing time and we ought to wait some more. We are near the 8 months mark now. When we began the process, it was averaging 4 months and 10 days.

I'm so sorry your wait has been longer. It would be nice to at least know what the hold up is instead of stressing people out this way. We all have the right to know about the status, or the payment we invested towards this. Tier 1 is just a big roadblock, and after speaking to tier 2 I haven't much faith there either.  I almost feel tier 2 told me what I had hoped to hear to get me off the phone the requests will probably go unanswered. Very Very Disappointing. Wish you the best of luck.....

Thanks,

Phadrea

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Phason said:

I spoke to a Tier 2 Supervisor 5 days ago. Tier 2 Supervisor Advised he would be emailing the officer at Nebraska Service Center who would be making a decision on our case, and we would receive a response in 1-5 days.  Our USCIS account states.  As of March 28, 2017, your general inquiry, referral number**********, is currently not assigned for processing.

Today was the 5th day, and still not assigned for processing. I called, and spoke to Tier one. Tomorrow it has been 7 months since our case was filed. He said tier 2 is not available and that it would be 3-5 days before I could get a call back. They can't give anymore status. They have a cut off point as to how many calls Tier 2's will take in a day.   Now I've got a secondary request going As of April 4, 2017, your Other - Tier 1, referral number **********, is currently not assigned for processing.

I almost expect there will never be any response.

Tier one kept asking for my A# but I'm a US Citizen, and I explained that.  He kept saying i understand how you must feel but offered no solutions. I feel like I'm going in circles, and worry our file may be lost because files with later priority dates have been approved.  The wait is getting more difficult, and I'm frustrated that I cannot even track my case. When we first started the process the processing times showed 5 months across the board. As soon as we apply the back log happened. Our priority date is 9/7/16.  It's really sad what they are putting people through.

I feel for you, and many of us seem to be in some sort distant cloud away from everybody else around the same priority dates that have been processed already...and some have been processed so long ago ...

My Pd is August 16. The stress of not being informed is what is killing me more than just the waiting around. Crying every day now from panic attacks. Not easy. 

I had someone around here tell me earlier this month that "I don't know what issues other people may have and they might need to go first". I was like.."wait ..what?? that makes no sense". So the USCIS looks into our personal life and picks who has the least amount of responsibilities and pushes them back at the end of the line? I don't think so. 

I "understand" that some countries may have priority for political reasons but that's a whole another story . 

I'm so very sorry Maja.  it's not a great system.  All we need are realistic expectations, and answers.  Waiting in the dark is an awful experience.   If a considerable time has passed it would be nice to simply give us a courtesy update with possible file goals.   I truly feel for the ones who have waited longer than us.  According to processing times Nebraska has only moved 7 days in the past few months.  I follow USCIS on facebook and they state their procedures are as follows. 

USCIS Processing Time Information.
How We Process Cases.
We generally process cases in the order we receive them. This page shows estimates of how long each office is taking to process different types of cases. We update this page every month (around the 15th of each month). Please note that these data may change without notice.
To check processing times for your case, you will need to know:
Which office is handling your case
The type of form you filed, and
The date we received your case
You can find this information on the receipt notice we mailed you.

Thanks,

Phadrea

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Phason said:

I'm so very sorry Maja.  it's not a great system.  All we need are realistic expectations, and answers.  Waiting in the dark is an awful experience.   If a considerable time has passed it would be nice to simply give us a courtesy update with possible file goals.   I truly feel for the ones who have waited longer than us.  According to processing times Nebraska has only moved 7 days in the past few months.  I follow USCIS on facebook and they state their procedures are as follows. 

USCIS Processing Time Information.
How We Process Cases.
We generally process cases in the order we receive them. This page shows estimates of how long each office is taking to process different types of cases. We update this page every month (around the 15th of each month). Please note that these data may change without notice.
To check processing times for your case, you will need to know:
Which office is handling your case
The type of form you filed, and
The date we received your case
You can find this information on the receipt notice we mailed you.

That's true.

Having a functional updating system would do the job.  Being informed is what we need. Not that much to ask.

What they have now is a joke. It looks like it's supposed to work... And you think "of course this is going to work, why would it not?"

And that could have been the case if the forms were submitted electronically. Then a program could have picked up the processing stage of a certain case number and delivered a response on our end.

But given that they are using actual paper forms. It's scary to imagine that in 2017.

Anything can happen. Even with the best, most responsible employees. 

Their monthly updates are there to keep the appearance that they are keeping a certain schedule. I took them seriously the first 5 months.Because I wanted to believe they were accurate. It helped the stress.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was in the same boat few months ago.

Our PD was March 29th, 2016 and didn't get an approval until December 9th, 2016 ( NO RFEs ). 

I spoke to TIER 2 supervisor multiple times and also opened up a couple service requests. All I ever heard was it is in PROCESS.  We contacted our congressman too.

I don't know why it took so long. They never told me why it did.  For some the whole process takes 9-10 months but, for me that wasn't the case.

I remember giving up. I told my husband a couple days before our approval I am moving to Pakistan. I didn't know what else to do. I was so exhausted. The wait is horrible.

But, we are through that and you will be too. Our case is completed and we are waiting on an interview date.

I am sorry. I exactly know how this feels. Have you contacted your congressman ? It didn't help me but, for some it did. 

Hang in there. Will keep you all in my prayers and good luck.   

Timeline

Also, TIER 2 sups are useless. I remember speaking to two and they kept telling me there is nothing they can do. I asked them will opening up service requests help and they said I can keep opening service requests every 30 days or request to speak to TIER 2 neither one can help expedite the case.

I will just have to wait for my turn. They would not tell me what the hold up was which was so frustrating. I told them cases around me were approved in 5 months or less and they said some countries have priority over others and cases are not process "first come first process" basis.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

I was in the same boat few months ago.

Our PD was March 29th, 2016 and didn't get an approval until December 9th, 2016 ( NO RFEs ). 

I spoke to TIER 2 supervisor multiple times and also opened up a couple service requests. All I ever heard was it is in PROCESS.  We contacted our congressman too.

I don't know why it took so long. They never told me why it did.  For some the whole process takes 9-10 months but, for me that wasn't the case.

I remember giving up. I told my husband a couple days before our approval I am moving to Pakistan. I didn't know what else to do. I was so exhausted. The wait is horrible.

But, we are through that and you will be too. Our case is completed and we are waiting on an interview date.

I am sorry. I exactly know how this feels. Have you contacted your congressman ? It didn't help me but, for some it did. 

Hang in there. Will keep you all in my prayers and good luck.   

Thank you. I have heard many people mentioning the congressman idea on this forum. I just don't know how to go about it..

Maybe something I should seriously consider looking into ....

Timeline

Also, TIER 2 sups are useless. I remember speaking to two and they kept telling me there is nothing they can do. I asked them will opening up service requests help and they said I can keep opening service requests every 30 days or request to speak to TIER 2 neither one can help expedite the case.

I will just have to wait for my turn. They would not tell me what the hold up was which was so frustrating. I told them cases around me were approved in 5 months or less and they said some countries have priority over others and cases are not process "first come first process" basis.

Timeline

Have any of you guys tried going to a USCIS office ? i went there once try to expedite my process and they were going to have me talk to a immigration officer

I was told by tier one that going to USCIS Local Office would be a waste of time as case would have to be past the processing date. I ended up cancelling my appointment.

Thanks,

Phadrea

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline
Just now, Phason said:

I was told by tier one that going to USCIS Local Office would be a waste of time as case would have to be past the processing date. I ended up cancelling my appointment.

Give it a try ... When you are physically present you have more power .. vs getting run over easily over the phone

I just contacted Congress will update this post if I ever hear anything of use.  As for going to the local center the tier 1 lady was adamant they wouldn't help.

Thanks,

Phadrea

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Go to the local office and ask for an actual ISO, not the person at the window. Better yet the floor supervisor, I believe that is the term. Be polite yet firm. 

Dont know if @Darnell has chimed in yet, (I skimmed) but they always give good details about how to go about this stuff. 

Edited by sparkles_

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.