951 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Yeah, most of my friends that applied for AOS with EAD said that they wasted their money because they got the greencard before the EAD card :whistle:

That's why I applied for EAD first (don't have the that time :lol:)

where is our EAD??????? I swear they lost our file :ranting::ranting::ranting:

I applied before some of you & we haven't heard anything. I am BEYOND annoyed now

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, most of my friends that applied for AOS with EAD said that they wasted their money because they got the greencard before the EAD card :whistle:

I applied before some of you & we haven't heard anything. I am BEYOND annoyed now

I know how you feel! Everyone was getting approved left and right for their EAD's and ours wasn't even been touched. We got our approval on 6/26 - took 95 days. We received the card in the mail on 7/5. Yours is coming soon I'm sure.

12/08/06 Fiance arrived on K-1 Visa

02/21/07 Wedding

03/23/07 Sent AOS/EAD USPS Express Mail

03/25/07 Delivered and signed for at 9:04 pm (Day 1)

03/29/07 NOA1 AOS & EAD (Day 5)

04/02/07 NOA1 received in mail (Day 9)

04/03/07 Checks cashed (Day 10)

04/04/07 AOS/EAD touched

04/05/07 Biometrics appt. in mail (Day 12)

04/12 & 04/14 AOS/EAD touched

04/17/07 Biometrics appt. (Day 24)

04/18 & 04/19 AOS/EAD touched

05/25/07 Changed address (AR-11) online & by phone for I-485/I-765/I-864

05/28/07 Sent address change (AR-11) by mail

05/30 & 05/31 AOS/EAD touched

06/02/07 Received notice of address change in mail for I-485/I-765

06/06/07 Received notice of address change in mail for I-864

06/14/07 Senator's office said we are still in 'preliminary security review' at MSC (Day 83)

06/21/07 AOS/EAD touched

06/26/07 EAD approved/AOS touched (Day 95)

06/27/07 EAD card production ordered (Day 96)

07/03/07 AOS/EAD touched

07/05/07 Received EAD card (Day 104)

07/24/07 AOS sent to CSC (Day 123)

07/27/07 AOS pending at CSC (Day 126)

07/28, 30, 31, 08/01/07 AOS touched

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQzJkFPUyt3YXMrZmlsZWQmMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxMCYxMCZjJjAmMjMmMyYyMDA3JjQmMiYxOTUyOTAwMDExODg2NTkwNjQuJw==.gif

Timeline

I know how you feel! Everyone was getting approved left and right for their EAD's and ours wasn't even been touched. We got our approval on 6/26 - took 95 days. We received the card in the mail on 7/5. Yours is coming soon I'm sure.

I made an infopass appt for 7/19...which is day 91, I will be walking out of the Philly office with that interim EAD for my husband-end of story!!!!

I just can't believe how some are approved so quickly-and some of us just sit & wait around :wacko: I am SO OVER immigration-I have had enough

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm all ready for my interview tomorrow...will review paperwork tonight and make sure husband remembers our marriage and wedding dates :blink: . He got them mixed up last week, but I think he's ok now. He does know where we honeymooned... :thumbs: and since my birthday is coming up I've been talking about our plans, so he's got that one down...check. :lol:

Good luck at the interview! :)

Thanks Wing and Misa.

Nuzzel is in her interview now, or at least in the building, as it's 10AM local time. Ours is in 4 hours... :dance::dance: I"ll just be glad to have it behind us, and on to the next adventure. :thumbs:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I made an infopass appt for 7/19...which is day 91, I will be walking out of the Philly office with that interim EAD for my husband-end of story!!!!

I just can't believe how some are approved so quickly-and some of us just sit & wait around :wacko: I am SO OVER immigration-I have had enough

Totally know how you feel, I am going into the LA office on 17th, they say my recieve date was 20th April but on my form it says recieved 15th April so hopefully they will still look into it. I was meant to start a job on the 23rd, looks like I will have to get onto them and see if they can wait a little longer :angry:

It says they go on first come first serve basis, obviously this is untrue as May filers from California have been approved and Im still waiting :crying:

AOS and EAD Timeline

First Application rejected due to them not receiving $70 for Biometrics, even though I had a receipt from them :-(

NOA1 - 10/01/2007

Biometrics - Middle of October, don't have exact date sorry

I-485 and I-765 Touched - 10/23/2007

EAD Approved - 10/27/2007

Nothing Since

Timeline

Totally know how you feel, I am going into the LA office on 17th, they say my recieve date was 20th April but on my form it says recieved 15th April so hopefully they will still look into it. I was meant to start a job on the 23rd, looks like I will have to get onto them and see if they can wait a little longer :angry:

It says they go on first come first serve basis, obviously this is untrue as May filers from California have been approved and Im still waiting :crying:

"applications are processed in the order they are received" blah blah blah, what a bunch of bull-######!

I am really looking forward to our infopass appointment next week-I can't wait to see what they say.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

"applications are processed in the order they are received" blah blah blah, what a bunch of bull-######!

I am really looking forward to our infopass appointment next week-I can't wait to see what they say.

I was told they do not give out EADs now they just have a look into it and try and speed it up. I just hope they help me as according to them my recieved dates is 04/20 (88 days at point of info) when on NOA recieve date is 04/15 (over 91 days).

Just very frustrating when people not only get their EAD but AOS sorted and they file after you :wacko:

Never known an organisation so badly organised, they should at least have somewhere you can call and get a proper answer

AOS and EAD Timeline

First Application rejected due to them not receiving $70 for Biometrics, even though I had a receipt from them :-(

NOA1 - 10/01/2007

Biometrics - Middle of October, don't have exact date sorry

I-485 and I-765 Touched - 10/23/2007

EAD Approved - 10/27/2007

Nothing Since

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
How did your interview go?

Who were you writing to Mokonzi?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey, I've been absent from the forums for awhile. Work has been keeping me busy... Anyway my husband's AOS interview was today in Seattle. That was just about the easiest thing I've ever done. We got there really early, around 9:00am for our 10:00am interview. We didn't get called in till a little after 11:00am tho. It was taking so long me and my husband started making bets which person was going to call our name, ahhh boredom. I won :)

Anyway, we got sworn in, asked to verify name, birthdate, home address, telephone etc. Asked all of the usual "Do you plan on practicing polygamy" questions and such. Then he asked how we met, how many times we've visited each other. My husband and I met attending school in 2003 so we've known each other for awhile, been dating for 4 years, and I lived with him for a year in Italy so there didn't seem to be much question about the validity of our relationship. He asked to see wedding photos, and joint assets. We had joint bank statements, credit cards, health and dental insurance, car insurance, and lease agreements. No utility bills if you're curious. Then that was it!

I brought all my financial info, pays stubs, letter from my employer, marriage certificate, birth certificates but he never asked for anything! We also seemed to have gotten by using only the vaccination form from the consulate in Italy, tho he never asked to see that either.

He said my husband should have his card in 10-14days. Really nice interviewer, joked with us almost the entire time :)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

05/04/2009: I-751 Package mailed to California

05/15/2009: NOA1

06/30/2009: Biometrics Appt Cancelled...

07/08/2009: Original Biometrics Appt

AOS

04/04/2007: AOS Package mailed to Chicago

04/06/2007: AOS Package recieved

04/14/2007: Check cashed

04/16/2007: NOA1

05/04/2007: Biometrics Appointment

06/19/2007: EAD Approved (email)

07/01/2007: EAD Received in mail

07/12/2007: Approved at Interview!

K1 VISA

04/24/2006: 129-f sent to VSC

05/02/2006: NOA1

06/16/2006: RFE Email (IMBRA)

06/21/2006: RFE Recieved in the mail

06/22/2006: RFE Returned (Express next day)

06/24/2006: Email Notification: Recieved RFE

07/08/2006: Email Notification: Case has been Approved!

07/14/2006: Case Recieved by NVC

07/18/2006: Case Recieved by US Consulate in Naples

07/20/2006: Case sent back to the US by mistake!!!!!!!!

10/28/2006: Interview in Naples, Visa recieved

12/28/2006: Entered US

03/22/2007: Married in Las Vegas! Woo!

Hey, I've been absent from the forums for awhile. Work has been keeping me busy... Anyway my husband's AOS interview was today in Seattle. That was just about the easiest thing I've ever done. We got there really early, around 9:00am for our 10:00am interview. We didn't get called in till a little after 11:00am tho. It was taking so long me and my husband started making bets which person was going to call our name, ahhh boredom. I won :)

Anyway, we got sworn in, asked to verify name, birthdate, home address, telephone etc. Asked all of the usual "Do you plan on practicing polygamy" questions and such. Then he asked how we met, how many times we've visited each other. My husband and I met attending school in 2003 so we've known each other for awhile, been dating for 4 years, and I lived with him for a year in Italy so there didn't seem to be much question about the validity of our relationship. He asked to see wedding photos, and joint assets. We had joint bank statements, credit cards, health and dental insurance, car insurance, and lease agreements. No utility bills if you're curious. Then that was it!

I brought all my financial info, pays stubs, letter from my employer, marriage certificate, birth certificates but he never asked for anything! We also seemed to have gotten by using only the vaccination form from the consulate in Italy, tho he never asked to see that either.

He said my husband should have his card in 10-14days. Really nice interviewer, joked with us almost the entire time :)

Congrats nuzzledark! :dance: Thanks for coming back and posting your experience.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We rec'd Hilario's Work Permit today! Good luck to those of you who are still waiting for theirs! Thanks for all the support and we will keep you updated on his AOS status :blush:

4/20/2005: MARRIED

12/28/2006: I-130 Packet Sent to NVC

1/03/2007: I-130 Rec'd at NVC

1/06/2007: NOA Rec'd

3/12/2007: I-130 APPROVED!!

4/14/2007: I-485 & I-765 Filed in Chicago

4/25/2007: NOA Rec'd

4/27/2007: Biometrics Appt. Letter Rec'd

5/10/2007: Biometrics Appt. 10 AM....got home & rec'd RFE Letter = ( Both touched

5/26/2007: Response to RFE Mailed

5/31/2007: Response Rec'd by USCIS, case processing resumed

6/03/2007: Touched (I-485)

6/05/2007: Touched Again!!! (I-485)

6/06/2007: Touched Again...starting to get nervous/excited....what is happening??? (I-485)

06/16/2007: Rec'd Interview Letter...9/5/2007 @ 9:59 am....YAY!! Hopefully the EAD Production EMail is Next

06/29/2007: Rec'd EAD Card Production Email today

07/10/2007: I-765 Approval Letter Mailed

07/12/2007: Work Permit Rec'd in the mail...WOOHOO!!

09/05/2007: Interview....no answer about approval or denial

SORRY I FORGOT DATES IN BETWEEN!

02/19/2008 - Became Permanent Resident YAY!

03/14/2009 - Kaitlyn Marie was born at 11:27 am via emergency C-Section

03/14/2010 - Kaitlyn turns 1 and we find out we are pregnant again!

10/27/2010 - Ethan Wayne is born at 7:27 pm

02/19/2011 - Mailed N400 Packet to Phoenix Lockbox

03/08/2011 - Notice of Biometrics Appointment Mailed

03/22/2011 - Biometrics appointment at 3pm

04/14/2011 - Letter for Interview/Test at local office received

04/20/2011 - Yellow Letter today listing items for us to bring

06/05/2011 - Interview....APPROVED

06/17/2011 - OATH!!!! Hubby is NOW a US CITIZEN!

Congratulations on the successful interview! My wife has her interview in Seattle on August 1st. We are hoping (obviously) our's goes just as smoothly!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

my rants worked...they approved my hubby's EAD last night!

day 84 :dance:

everyone else that is waiting-fingers crossed for ya!!!!!!!!

I am celebrating tonight-my man can work-I ranted here & he got it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.