951 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!!! I am a conditional permanent Resident!!! we did it!!! well, let me tell you about my interview. My interview was at 10am, and we arrived there at 9:50. We waited for half an hour, and when I was in the bathroom they asked for my name....I always do the same.... :whistle: . The IO had a realy serious face, she wasn't smiling at all. She made us swear that we were going to say the truth. After that, she asked for my passport, driver's license, EAD and AP. She asked too for my husband's birth certificate. Then she asked us when and where we meet. ANd after that we had to show her some photos. She saw all the photos, and other things as letter from family members, boarding passes for common trips...She asked if we were living together, how long we have been living together in the present address, and then we had to give her leases, bills in both names, my husband's life insurance with my name as a beneficiary...

Then she asked my husband is he would mind doing the interview in spanish. He said no. And he started speaking in spanish. She was impressed, and she relaxed after that. I guess, it made a good impresion that my husband speaks my country's language!!

After that, she started asking me what I was studying...blah, bla, bla.....and after that she approved us!! she told me that my name was cleared and that from today I am a conditional permanent Resident.

One advice for all of you that will have the interview soon: keep everything organized, like in different plastic folders or something like that, so you can find everything fast. Be serious but relaxed..and good luck to everybody. If I've been able to do it (I get super nervous for this kind of things), you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANd thanka you for your support!!! Good luck everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Note: she didn't stamp my passport, but told me that I would get my greencard in two weeks)

CONGRATS Burke!!! Good job :dance: Now you can look forward to that plain white envelope with the mysterious card inside (that would look like a junk mail but isn't ;) )

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Congrats on everyone's approvals. I've been out of town/out of touch since the end of June. Looks like we were touched on 6/30...still nothing yet. Here's my rant/demanding email...WHY NOT?!?!?!?!?!?! :protest::ranting::clock::bonk::blink::D

congrats to Burke!!!!!!!!I am going to rant too(well again), it seems that when we rant-we hear something so here goes... :protest::ranting::protest::ranting::protest::ranting::ranting:

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Congratulations Burke!!!!!!

CITIZENSHIP

Service Center: Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :

Date Filed : 2011-02-28

NOA Date : 2011-03-02

Bio. Appt.: 2011-03-30

2nd Bio. Appt.: 2011-05-11

Interview Date: 2011-06-22

Approved:

Oath Ceremony:

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Congrats on everyone's approvals. I've been out of town/out of touch since the end of June. Looks like we were touched on 6/30...still nothing yet. Here's my rant/demanding email...WHY NOT?!?!?!?!?!?! :protest::ranting::clock::bonk::blink::D

congrats to Burke!!!!!!!!I am going to rant too(well again), it seems that when we rant-we hear something so here goes... :protest::ranting::protest::ranting::protest::ranting::ranting:

Yep that's my secret Irishgirl. You just watch...within mere days you will see some action. Worked for me and Misa and a few others.... :dance::dance:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Congrats on everyone's approvals. I've been out of town/out of touch since the end of June. Looks like we were touched on 6/30...still nothing yet. Here's my rant/demanding email...WHY NOT?!?!?!?!?!?! :protest::ranting::clock::D

congrats to Burke!!!!!!!!I am going to rant too(well again), it seems that when we rant-we hear something so here goes... :protest::ranting::protest::ranting:

Yep that's my secret Irishgirl. You just watch...within mere days you will see some action. Worked for me and Misa and a few others.... :dance::dance:

Ok now what the heck is 'flood control'? I tried to post my message and was told flood control was enabled on tnis board, as well as a limit to emoticons, so I had to delete a few of yours irish...

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats burke and good luck to those with upcoming interviews. :)

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline
Congrats on everyone's approvals. I've been out of town/out of touch since the end of June. Looks like we were touched on 6/30...still nothing yet. Here's my rant/demanding email...WHY NOT?!?!?!?!?!?! :protest::ranting::clock::D

congrats to Burke!!!!!!!!I am going to rant too(well again), it seems that when we rant-we hear something so here goes... :protest::ranting::protest::ranting:

Ok now what the heck is 'flood control'? I tried to post my message and was told flood control was enabled on tnis board, as well as a limit to emoticons, so I had to delete a few of yours irish...

guess my ranting was just to much for VJ :whistle:

Congrats Burke! Well, my wife just called because something came in the mail.....an RFE for a medical. The letter said there was some form missing and she needed a full medical, not jsut a supplement. I'm going to post the letter later this evening. She has the option of seeing if her what she has submitted will work. She's calling now to try and clear up the situation. D'oh!

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Timeline
Congrats Burke! Well, my wife just called because something came in the mail.....an RFE for a medical. The letter said there was some form missing and she needed a full medical, not jsut a supplement. I'm going to post the letter later this evening. She has the option of seeing if her what she has submitted will work. She's calling now to try and clear up the situation. D'oh!

I hope you guys get it all cleared up.......fingers crossed for ya!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I want to rant to then if it helps haha

:protest::protest::protest::ranting::ranting::ot2:

AOS and EAD Timeline

First Application rejected due to them not receiving $70 for Biometrics, even though I had a receipt from them :-(

NOA1 - 10/01/2007

Biometrics - Middle of October, don't have exact date sorry

I-485 and I-765 Touched - 10/23/2007

EAD Approved - 10/27/2007

Nothing Since

My wife called USCIS and the guy was helpful. He said it's recommended we get the full medical, otherwise she could have to go back to Canada and we'd have to start all over again. He also said this isn't what slows things down. It's the background checks.

MEDICAL EXAMINATION (FORM I-693)

NOTE: All medical examinations and vaccination must be conducted and administered by a physician who is on the list of Civil Surgeons approved by USCIS. To obtain the names and telephone numbers of designated civil surgeons etc. etc................

A review of the record indicates that you entered the United States pursuan to a valid K-1/K-2 nonimmigrant visa. All USCIS records relating to you have been reviewed. The U.S Department of State medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 and DS-3026 are not in any of those records.

I-693 MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Please submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. The medical examination must be conducted by a physician who is on the list of Civil Surgeons approved by USCIS.

This looks like all we're waiting on is the medical.

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

too early for me to be ranting n raving yet, only just passed the half way mark for my EAD :lol:

oops wrong month :lol: where's me glasses

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!

Timeline

My wife called USCIS and the guy was helpful. He said it's recommended we get the full medical, otherwise she could have to go back to Canada and we'd have to start all over again. He also said this isn't what slows things down. It's the background checks.

MEDICAL EXAMINATION (FORM I-693)

NOTE: All medical examinations and vaccination must be conducted and administered by a physician who is on the list of Civil Surgeons approved by USCIS. To obtain the names and telephone numbers of designated civil surgeons etc. etc................

A review of the record indicates that you entered the United States pursuan to a valid K-1/K-2 nonimmigrant visa. All USCIS records relating to you have been reviewed. The U.S Department of State medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 and DS-3026 are not in any of those records.

I-693 MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Please submit a properly completed and signed Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. The medical examination must be conducted by a physician who is on the list of Civil Surgeons approved by USCIS.

This looks like all we're waiting on is the medical.

man I hope they aren't going to ask us for this.................did they send you an e-mail about the REF or did it just show up in the mail?

well hopefully you will be approved straight away once they get that paperwork!

did they send you an e-mail about the REF or did it just show up in the mail?

No, the letter just showed up.

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.