doc_cute

Love marriage V/s Arranged Marriage ??

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i myself will go with Love marriage followed by acceptance by family because the person is known better and chemistry is better , followed by family approval was an excellent one ,

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: Timeline

speaking as a person who favors "love marriage", i must say, if the duration of the marriage is a measurement of success (as we may have different determinants as to how xuccessful a marriage is), then "love marriage" certainly is not the way to do it. fact is, over 60% of this so called "love marriage" will be terminated (aka divorce) within 5-7 yrs and the second timer's success ration is not high also. however, the love is certainly a lot of fun. so, like my playboy buddy Big Al once said, Love is fun but love intensively and get the hell out of there quick. LOL.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
speaking as a person who favors "love marriage", i must say, if the duration of the marriage is a measurement of success (as we may have different determinants as to how xuccessful a marriage is), then "love marriage" certainly is not the way to do it. fact is, over 60% of this so called "love marriage" will be terminated (aka divorce) within 5-7 yrs and the second timer's success ration is not high also. however, the love is certainly a lot of fun. so, like my playboy buddy Big Al once said, Love is fun but love intensively and get the hell out of there quick. LOL.

Your data and response is flawed, because you didn't give the numbers for the marriages that were founded on being "arranged".

If the so called 'love" marriages have a failure rate of 60%, then I can only imagine that the "arranged" marriages , where the couples most likely did not even love each other, would be MUCH worse.

Hard to agree with your argument, when you do not even give the alternative data.

Obviously, Indian or not..........and taking into account the feelings I have for my own wife..................................I strongly take exception to your argument. ......................and prefer the "former"....rather than the "latter" :P

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Timeline

Your data and response is flawed, because you didn't give the numbers for the marriages that were founded on being "arranged".

If the so called 'love" marriages have a failure rate of 60%, then I can only imagine that the "arranged" marriages , where the couples most likely did not even love each other, would be MUCH worse.

Hard to agree with your argument, when you do not even give the alternative data.

Obviously, Indian or not..........and taking into account the feelings I have for my own wife..................................I strongly take exception to your argument. ......................and prefer the "former"....rather than the "latter" :P

nice one i m with u for this one :thumbs:

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

VISA APPROVED .

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

2591.gif

I don't know actual statistics, but I've heard that (arranged marriages have a lower divorce rate), too. Likely because in the cultures where arranged marriages usually occur, divorce is an extreme measure.

Edited by esjessi

Timeline

I don't know actual statistics, but I've heard that (arranged marriages have a lower divorce rate), too. Likely because in the cultures where arranged marriages usually occur, divorce is an extreme measure.

and what if the marriage is love then getting arranged with parents ?'

any idea about the success rate ?

Love can be acquired, accumulative, or even instantaneous. Unless, if someone could come up with the definition for LOVE.

can someone really come up with definition of love ,

i am though a very emotional and sentimental kinnda person

without the most important emotional part i feel love is incomplete

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

VISA APPROVED .

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hmm....You will know your own success.

Remember that the average population is just average. It includes imbeciles, morons, normal, genius intellectuals levels.

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

It's a new generation in India, The youngster nowadays choose their own life partner, is it better than the arranged marriages, it all goes hand in hand. In an arranged marriage, specially the girl has no choice but to put up with a lot of nonsense from her husband, as it would be consider a shame for her to go back to her parents. Nowadays with women being more independent they can be more outspoken. The other sad part of it, lot of girls are still being hurt by guys requesting Dowry and making demands to the girl parent even after marriage.

One of my colleague is a very cool guy, very modern, he even had a girlfriend, party, fooling around with her, lot of sexying, that poor girl thinking they will settle down as husband and wife, but all along he has his agenda in mind to let his mom pick. the ironic thing is, when the time comes to get married, he declared himself a traditional guy, and now relies on HIS MOM to pick his ALLIANCE.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Timeline
It's a new generation in India, The youngster nowadays choose their own life partner, is it better than the arranged marriages, it all goes hand in hand. In an arranged marriage, specially the girl has no choice but to put up with a lot of nonsense from her husband, as it would be consider a shame for her to go back to her parents. Nowadays with women being more independent they can be more outspoken. The other sad part of it, lot of girls are still being hurt by guys requesting Dowry and making demands to the girl parent even after marriage.

One of my colleague is a very cool guy, very modern, he even had a girlfriend, party, fooling around with her, lot of sexying, that poor girl thinking they will settle down as husband and wife, but all along he has his agenda in mind to let his mom pick. the ironic thing is, when the time comes to get married, he declared himself a traditional guy, and now relies on HIS MOM to pick his ALLIANCE.

nikita2charles

yes u r right buddy

girls have modernised in our country we choose our life partners also the chances of getting fooled also increases

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

VISA APPROVED .

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

hi mala..

these days..ther r not so stringent arranged weddings ..in our country..but parental acceptance is important after the couple accept each other..thats my story...;)we were given enuf time by our parents to communicate , and decide ,one year..lol.. and they were cool wit everything...rather..supportive...;)

:lol: :lol: Leave it to me to totally butcher this thread. Ours is not the classical "arranged" as our parents had no initial input; nor "love" as we didn't meet each other till 2005.

Basically, she was told about me in Dec 2000 (and I about her in Apr 2001) by our spiritual father, Bro. Joe (head of LEF).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.