Skymusic

What do you guys think?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Waivers, from Tourist Visas. If the OP can file for something she will need waiver information.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

If you gave all the details to Lizz Cannon I'd believe what she said. 

Yes I've read that she does wonders. She told me to go ahead but while I'm waiting on the process to use the advance parole that they give you while waiting adjustment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It sounds like the possible deportation and illegal stuff  on return all happend when you were way under age, which will make a difference as minors are not usually held responsible for their immigration actions.  As Ontarkie said, if you heard from Liz Cannon, I'd go with her recommendation.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 hours ago, Penguin_ie said:

It sounds like the possible deportation and illegal stuff  on return all happend when you were way under age, which will make a difference as minors are not usually held responsible for their immigration actions.  As Ontarkie said, if you heard from Liz Cannon, I'd go with her recommendation.

Does not work quite like that, basically they do not accrue legal presence but could still be for example 9C.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country:
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Does not work quite like that, basically they do not accrue legal presence but could still be for example 9C.

just to make sure I understand what you are saying.

being under age he does not collect unlawful presence but still gets the illegal entry. then once he is over 18 the unlawful presence starts from his 18th birthday not the date of entry.

therefore he still needs a legal entry to aos but once he leave the ban for unlawful presence will kick in so a waver is needed for that also.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Some Lawyers take the view that nobody should use AP as you are paroled in rather than admitted, not sure how many Lawyers would suggest AP is worth the risk in this situation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I would think that would be better since it would at least give proof of legal entry. he would have to get ap through either daca, not sure if they still grant them, or through aos. if you do it through aos that aos would be doomed to failure from the beginning since there is no proof of legal entry. but it would give you proof of legal entry for the next aos. I am not sure if or when the illegal entry ban would kick in though which would make you stuck outside the us.

3 hours ago, f f said:

I would think that would be better since it would at least give proof of legal entry. he would have to get ap through either daca, not sure if they still grant them, or through aos. if you do it through aos that aos would be doomed to failure from the beginning since there is no proof of legal entry. but it would give you proof of legal entry for the next aos. I am not sure if or when the illegal entry ban would kick in though which would make you stuck outside the us.

Exactly! I've reas people send copy of front and back of the Bcc as proof of entry. While the aos is in process i would get the ap in between 2-3 months then use advance parole to come back. Lizz cannon recommended but I'm not too sure what could happen since I haven't seen anyone with a case like this. I entered with inspection but that inspection was with a I suppose cancelled visa. I don't know what could happen or what would be the reaction of USCIS :o

Timeline

the bcc was issued before you were deported, then you have no proof of legal entry after the deportation, they do have proof in the form of school records that you came right back. having been given the bcc before deportation and then using it to return makes your case vastly different than others who have used the bcc to prove legal entry. I still recommend sitting down with a lawyer mabye 2 or 3 and figuring out how to actually proceed since this can go bad very quickly.

good luck

19 minutes ago, f f said:

the bcc was issued before you were deported, then you have no proof of legal entry after the deportation, they do have proof in the form of school records that you came right back. having been given the bcc before deportation and then using it to return makes your case vastly different than others who have used the bcc to prove legal entry. I still recommend sitting down with a lawyer mabye 2 or 3 and figuring out how to actually proceed since this can go bad very quickly.

good luck

Thanks for all the answers guys! Btw I applied for daca a while ago and got denied due for having a private school diploma. Lets say i get daca, use advance parole through daca, How would cbp handle me in the port of entry? 

Im waiting for my Foia records, I will keep you guys posted about any changes. Another thing to point out is my brother requested his foia a while ago and came with no records found. He was with me when all this happened to us. He has daca btw

Edited by Skymusic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.