14 posts in this topic

I had my i751 returned with my Money Order, on the back is a stamp stating from USCIS stating FOR DEPOSIT ONLY. Do I need to send a new MO or just the original ones. I stupidly forgot a copy of my green card, although I sent it in a separate package the next day.

At the end of my journey!

April 26th 2019 I became a United States Citizen!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

As far as I understand this matter, the Department of Homeland Security converts your draft into an electronic check (e-check) and deposits the funds into their account.  I have never have the original returned to me, but the importat thing is to know if they cashed the funds.  Check with your bank. If they cashed the funds, why should you write them another check?

Archie

Timeline

Not let me add that when you submit again,  your i-751 packet, explain in detail in a cover letter what happened.  Check then if the Money Order was cashed.

Archie

I have checked, the money order was never cashed by them. I was just wondering if this made it void.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No - the Money Order is not void by stamping "For Deposit Only" on it.   They probably stamp all the checks before they check for mandatory documents!   Resend a complete packet, with a cover letter explaining that it is a "re-send". 

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

14 minutes ago, Sukie said:

No - the Money Order is not void by stamping "For Deposit Only" on it.   They probably stamp all the checks before they check for mandatory documents!   Resend a complete packet, with a cover letter explaining that it is a "re-send". 

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Thank you! That's a sigh of relief

Timeline

Then start all over again and rip the old money order, resubmit i-755 and a new MO.  I really do not know why you did not triple check everything you were sending originally.  I checked it at least 3 times and then had my wife go over it with a checklist.  You cannot be committing dumb errors.

Archie

1 hour ago, bolin786 said:

Then start all over again and rip the old money order, resubmit i-755 and a new MO.  I really do not know why you did not triple check everything you were sending originally.  I checked it at least 3 times and then had my wife go over it with a checklist.  You cannot be committing dumb errors.

There is seriously no need to be so rude. It was a genuine error. I posted a letter the next morning, also express containing the copy and a letter of explanation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, bolin786 said:

OMG...really?!  Why would you say such a rude thing to her?  Don't you think she feels bad enough?  Have you ever made a mistake?  I truly feel sorry for your wife.  I bet she can or will never live up to your perfect standards.

OP ignore ignorance.  Don't beat yourself up over this.  EVERYONE makes mistakes.  Follow @Sukie's advice and you will be good to go.  Best wishes!

There are so many parts to these collections of paperwork it's understandable, even when you check them over and over, that you might miss something. If you can, maybe ask a good friend to take a look and try to see if you're missing anything; sometimes just a different set of eyes can help you. You can re-send, don't stress. Good luck!

Edited by Ortolan

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Timeline
On 3/23/2017 at 11:02 PM, neilsqueen said:

OMG...really?!  Why would you say such a rude thing to her?  Don't you think she feels bad enough?  Have you ever made a mistake?  I truly feel sorry for your wife.  I bet she can or will never live up to your perfect standards.

OP ignore ignorance.  Don't beat yourself up over this.  EVERYONE makes mistakes.  Follow @Sukie's advice and you will be good to go.  Best wishes!

Neilsqueen, I believe you are being overdramatic in your comment. Do not feel sorry for my wife as she is doing very well. I was just trying to make a point.  Maybe it was a little harsh but in no way meant to insult the fellow member.  I apologize to that person if she felt offended.  

Archie

Timeline
2 hours ago, bolin786 said:

Neilsqueen, I believe you are being overdramatic in your comment. Do not feel sorry for my wife as she is doing very well. I was just trying to make a point.  Maybe it was a little harsh but in no way meant to insult the fellow member.  I apologize to that person if she felt offended.  

I don't believe I was being over dramatic.  This is not the first time I have seen you insult a fellow member.  If you were provoked in some way, I certainly can see you coming back with a harsh comment.  However, no one ever is speaking directly to you so, therefore, your rude comments are unwarranted.  The OP already said  " I stupidly forgot a copy of my green card " indicating she knew she made a mistake.  Why would you want to kick her when she is already down?  Your coming back saying " You cannot be committing dumb errors" is down right rude.  How could you not know you would hurt someone's feelings by such a statement?!  Put yourself in her shoes.  How would you feel if someone said that to you?  The old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" needs to be at the forefront of your comments.  Be a gentleman and stop insulting people. 

Edited by neilsqueen

Timeline

Fine Neilsqueen, I feel you continue to insult me and I am starting to get tired of it.  I tried to throw an olive branch and you did not even meet me halfway.  From now on, please restrain addressing yourself to me.  Just forget about me and I will do the same. I think we can both try to help in our own ways the forum participants.  I got a great deal of help when I depended on it many years ago.  Good bye and good riddance.

Archie

Timeline
43 minutes ago, bolin786 said:

Fine Neilsqueen, I feel you continue to insult me and I am starting to get tired of it.  I tried to throw an olive branch and you did not even meet me halfway.  From now on, please restrain addressing yourself to me.  Just forget about me and I will do the same. I think we can both try to help in our own ways the forum participants.  I got a great deal of help when I depended on it many years ago.  Good bye and good riddance.

Deal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.