Vietnam

Do we like the communist flag

Red Communist Flag -for Vietnam only  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do we like the communist flag under our VJ id?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

48 posts in this topic

Dale,

Yes, it is intentional. The flag of the Former South Vietnam was design by emperor Bao Dai. This flag was used by the former Soth Vietnam until April 30th, 1975. This flag consists of a yellow field (stands for the color of our skin) and three horizontal red stripes that represent the blood running through North, Central, and Southern Vietnam. The Vietnamese often call this flag Co Ba Que (Three Sticks Flag)

The current flag of Vietnam is called Co Do Sao Vang (Red Flag with Yellow Star). The flag has red background with 5-point star in the center. The red background represents Communits. The yellow in the star represents the color of the Vietnamese people. The 5 points of the stars represents the workers, the peasants, the soldiers, the intellectuals and the merchants. This flag was designed by a a communist revolutionary of the 1940 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia (Cochinchina Uprising)

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With politics and symbolism aside, VisaJourney is now taking side whether the flag is legal or not, VisaJourney is no longer a favorable and friendly site to those whose pain of loss is still clear in their mind. I don't understand why VisaJourney has to go there.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
With politics and symbolism aside, VisaJourney is now taking side whether the flag is legal or not, VisaJourney is no longer a favorable and friendly site to those whose pain of loss is still clear in their mind. I don't understand why VisaJourney has to go there.

I don't remember anyone talking about whether the flag was legal or not, but the Admins of VisaJourney meant no disrespect by adding the flag option. Other than our country, I don't think there is controversy surrounding a flag. Kind of educational actually. For example, I had no idea the England had a different flag than the U.K.

Edited by dalegg

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I don't know why the Vietnameses had to discussed, argued and used to killl together just because of the flag and the political thoughts. Why don't you think that Vietnam passed through how many years in the War??? If the War could help our nation and our Vietnamese people to be more happier, that's ok, you (the Vietnameses) should continue to fight and kill together.

Sincerely say, our young generation, who was born after 1975 or just before 1975 some years, we had not so much any impression about the government before 1975, all things in history are just in the books, what the older ones told us and what we saw on the film. We only knew the poorness and low education of Vietnameses and tried to escape that situation. We don't care what kind of government they are, we only want a Vietnam nation in peace and strong economic.

Hien

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh, Mark. Anyway, I suspected when those flags went up that some country would get really offended. Not saying it isn't justified, just saying flags have that effect on people don't they.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would go with the Flag which would give me a Visa Approval if I were some of you who haven't got the Visa yet.. Don't think Ba-Que will! :thumbs:

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline
I don't know why the Vietnameses had to discussed, argued and used to killl together just because of the flag and the political thoughts. Why don't you think that Vietnam passed through how many years in the War??? If the War could help our nation and our Vietnamese people to be more happier, that's ok, you (the Vietnameses) should continue to fight and kill together.

Sincerely say, our young generation, who was born after 1975 or just before 1975 some years, we had not so much any impression about the government before 1975, all things in history are just in the books, what the older ones told us and what we saw on the film. We only knew the poorness and low education of Vietnameses and tried to escape that situation. We don't care what kind of government they are, we only want a Vietnam nation in peace and strong economic.

Hien

And. We are all Vietnamese with Vietnamese blood. Flag is a problem? Flag can change your blood? And It makes me think VJ is a place to agure not to help ppl to get advice for Visa stuffs. Let flag be. Now we have a peaceful life and has who we care/ love.... and a new family. Take care of it. It's the Goal.

Hang and Kevin

*****\(^_^)/\(^.^)/*****

Oct. 30.2006 - I-129F Sent

Nov. 06.2006 - NOA1

Jan. 23.2007 - USCIS have approved our case

Jan. 26.2007 - Received NOA2 in mail from USCIS

Feb. 05.2007 - NVC forwarded case to U. S. Consulate in HCM

Feb. 07.2007 - Received Notification in mail from NVC

Feb. 09.2007 - HCM consulate received from NVC

Mar. 05.2007 - HCM Consulate sends out Packet 3

Apr. 05.2007 - Finally Got Packet 3 from HCM Consulate

Apr. 06.2007 - Sent back Packet 3 to HCMC

Apr. 10.2007 - HCMC received Packet 3

July.02.2007 - Received Packet 4

July. 23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE =>PASSED. Yippy! \(^_^)/

Aug.01.2007 - POE at San Francisco

Aug.16.2007 - Got married

Oct.08.2007 - AOS sent

Oct.10.2007 - delivered

Oct.15.2007 - got mail (NOA for AOS)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Oh, Mark. Anyway, I suspected when those flags went up that some country would get really offended. Not saying it isn't justified, just saying flags have that effect on people don't they.

They should have an option for the confederate flag. I wonder how that topic would go. :devil:

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline
I did notice! It's the reverse of each other in the order of color!

Oh boy....LONG LONG LONG before I ever met my wife...in fact while I was still in high school...back in the mid 90's...I did ALOT OF STUDYING about communism. I know this forum isn't political but I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when this kind of thing comes along....so sorry in advance for those you who didn't come here to read my political views.

Communism is the black plauge of the modern era. This system has directly resulted in MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of people dying due to starvation, state executions, deaths trying to flee communist states(boat people for example) And the survivors tend to lead difficult lives. Creativity and freedom in general are quashed. ...we condemn FASCISM because hitler's government killed 6 million jews in the holocaust. And that is absolutly horrible. Communism has killed many millions more than that and it doesn't discriminate. Russians, Chinese, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Cubans, Laotions...etc etc etc. As a world group we take all kinds of measures to keep fascism from ever returning...but yet we tolerate communism even though it is every bit as horrible as fascism and in many cases alot worse.

I am not vietnamese. I can only understand what I read and what I hear from people who know vietnam and are vietnamese people. I understand that in 1975 the war ended and the country was united under the communists. The flag is meant to represent the whole of the people. I mean absolutely no disrespect at all to the people of vietnam. They have proven to be vibrant, resilient people even when so terribly limited by the scourge of a communist system. So, if one person looks at that flag and has pride because they see it as a symbol of the poeple I can understand that...it's not the flag I dislike. It's the communist form of government that is so awful. Ironically, the Cuban flag never changed when Castro took over. It's not the flag...it's the terrible communist system.

I voted no in the poll but If I had the power to keep the flag and change the system, that is what I would do.

GARY va YEN

us-flag1-ss.gif..... vn_sud-flag1-ss.gif

***USA*** AND VIETNAM

Link to our webpage: Click HERE

A short timeline:

October 2003, Introduced to YEN by her cousin whom I work with. We like each other etc etc etc..and so on

February 3, 2004, I go to Vietnam to meet her. Things go well so on

February 9, 2004, we get engaged and have the big ceremony and then on

February 14, 2004, I get back on the plane and come home. By about the middle of May I have everything ready to send in to USCIS for the I-29 and on

May 18, 2004 the Nebraska service center recieves the petition. And on

August 28, 2004 I recieve approval notice from NSC. On

October 18, 2004, Yen recieves Packet 3, fills it out, turns it in and on

December 13, 2004 Yen recieves Packet 4, she takes care of it, does the medical etc etc and the interview is scheduled for

January 4, 2005. Yen arrives for her interview and FAILS! So I call and find out what went wrong and they require additional evidence including a 5 minute video of me speaking vietnamese, a tax document that was already in the file, and some letters from me about how and when we met, when and where the engagement was, things we have in common and how our relationship progressed. So on

February 25, 2005 I go back to Vietnam to visit my em oi and on

March 2, 2005 she and I go to the consulate to give them the Video etc. They tell us to expect to wait another 2-6 months. I decide on

March 10, 2005 to give the consulate copies of my airplane tickets, visa and ticket stubs for Yen and I's trip to Phu Quoc. Unexpectedly on

March 23, I get an email from the consulate telling me that our case is APPROVED! So on or about

April 25, 2005 Yen arrives in Kansas City, MO, USA!

Now going through the rest of the process here.

LIFE IS GOOD!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Great post :thumbs:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Timeline

PS...If any of you would care to discuss communism and the history of communism or have questions about it....I consider myself somewhat a scholar on the subject and would be very happy to discuss anything you would want to discuss.

GARY va YEN

us-flag1-ss.gif..... vn_sud-flag1-ss.gif

***USA*** AND VIETNAM

Link to our webpage: Click HERE

A short timeline:

October 2003, Introduced to YEN by her cousin whom I work with. We like each other etc etc etc..and so on

February 3, 2004, I go to Vietnam to meet her. Things go well so on

February 9, 2004, we get engaged and have the big ceremony and then on

February 14, 2004, I get back on the plane and come home. By about the middle of May I have everything ready to send in to USCIS for the I-29 and on

May 18, 2004 the Nebraska service center recieves the petition. And on

August 28, 2004 I recieve approval notice from NSC. On

October 18, 2004, Yen recieves Packet 3, fills it out, turns it in and on

December 13, 2004 Yen recieves Packet 4, she takes care of it, does the medical etc etc and the interview is scheduled for

January 4, 2005. Yen arrives for her interview and FAILS! So I call and find out what went wrong and they require additional evidence including a 5 minute video of me speaking vietnamese, a tax document that was already in the file, and some letters from me about how and when we met, when and where the engagement was, things we have in common and how our relationship progressed. So on

February 25, 2005 I go back to Vietnam to visit my em oi and on

March 2, 2005 she and I go to the consulate to give them the Video etc. They tell us to expect to wait another 2-6 months. I decide on

March 10, 2005 to give the consulate copies of my airplane tickets, visa and ticket stubs for Yen and I's trip to Phu Quoc. Unexpectedly on

March 23, I get an email from the consulate telling me that our case is APPROVED! So on or about

April 25, 2005 Yen arrives in Kansas City, MO, USA!

Now going through the rest of the process here.

LIFE IS GOOD!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

We added the official flags as recognized by the UN to the site as a feature that was meant to be nice. Honestly this is the only country where I have heard a complaint and I made an option to still list Vietnam and not show the flag if you do not want to. I hope this is enough to make everyone happy (you can either show the flag or not). :):)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This post can be closed. IMO! To discuss about communism, suggest doing it in another post, I'm up for it!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."