Jb1

filing address i-129f

41 posts in this topic

Just now, Jb1 said:

i didnt send the package with a G-1145..is that a problem or no? what is G-1145 for?

7 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

If you have included a G-1145, which is to receive notification via text message and e-mail, ....

You may also check the USCIS page here https://www.uscis.gov/g-1145

This should be submitted together with your petition and not separately. If you didn't send one along with your petition, then you will not receive a text message or e-mail when they receive your petition. However, fret not because they will still send you a hardcopy NOA1 via normal mail.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha so its not a required for, thank god.. i sent everything the uscis website said to, but everytime i get on this website it seems as if there is another document i should have sent along with the petition. thank you so much for your time. you have been extremely helpful

Check this page out http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides/ 

The page has the K-1 guide and flowchart. Also has various information for other types of visa but K-1 is the first thing right at the top. Don't forget to always go through your paperwork before submission :D

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Moknroll said:

Try using this tracking website and see what it says 

https://www.17track.net/en

Not to be out of place here, but that website isn't going to help with tracking a simple USPS shipment.  Nor is it going to help with finding out the status of an application when it is already in the hands of USCIS.  If I had to guess, it's a spam post. 

Edited by Cruise77

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Cruise77 said:

Not to be out of place here, but that website isn't going to help with tracking a simple USPS shipment.  Nor is it going to help with finding out the status of an application when it is already in the hands of USCIS.  If I had to guess, it's a spam post. 

It does help track usps mate, the website tracks any mail with a tracking number, you should try it one day : )

22 hours ago, Jb1 said:

they send NOA1 through e-mail? i didnt know that. thats cool..so lewisville too? hmm. i sent from usps express. thats the confusing part. it says on the webpage for usps-dallas but for express-lewisville. maybe i will get a new update tomorrow and if still closed i can try to re-direct to a different address.

23 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

These are the addresses as per USCIS's I-129F page:

The USCIS Dallas Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Are you sure you got the address right with the numbers and all? :) What date was the "the business is closed" update?

You should have sent to the Dallas address.  As posted above by KULtoATL, it states that U.S. Postal mail should be sent to the noted address, which is the P.O. Box in Dallas.  Doesn't matter what type of specific service with the USPS you are using, which in your case is the USPS Express service.  Express mail and courier deliveries means FedEx or UPS.  Here is why.  FedEx/UPS and other courier services can not and do not deliver mail to P.O. Boxes.  They deliver directly to physical addresses.  However, USPS can and does deliver to P.O. Boxes.  If anything, USCIS probably just didn't accept the package due  to this reason.  I'm not 100% sure, but it is possible that they could havee rejected it for this.  

Either way, next time if you decide to use ANY USPS service, make sure you send it to the P.O. Box and not the physical address, unless of course stated or noted otherwise.

1 minute ago, Erin&Alex said:

You should have sent to the Dallas address.  As posted above by KULtoATL, it states that U.S. Postal mail should be sent to the noted address, which is the P.O. Box in Dallas.  Doesn't matter what type of specific service with the USPS you are using, which in your case is the USPS Express service.  Express mail and courier deliveries means FedEx or UPS.  Here is why.  FedEx/UPS and other courier services can not and do not deliver mail to P.O. Boxes.  They deliver directly to physical addresses.  However, USPS can and does deliver to P.O. Boxes.  If anything, USCIS probably just didn't accept the package due  to this reason.  I'm not 100% sure, but it is possible that they could havee rejected it for this.  

Either way, next time if you decide to use ANY USPS service, make sure you send it to the P.O. Box and not the physical address, unless of course stated or noted otherwise.

Hey! I'm curious. USPS Express Mail does not fall under "for express mail and courier deliveries"? Doesn't USPS Express Mail require signature too?

I don't believe so. :huh:  If I am not mistaken, I believe with Express mail you are automatically given a tracking code similar to the courier services too, but no signature is needed upon delivery.  It just states wether it has been delivered or not if you were to look up your package.   I am sure you could pay extra for tracking as well, if Express doesn't automatically come with it.  Honestly, it has been so long since I have used USPS to send personal mail, that I can't say for sure. Lol.  I know with USPS you pay extra for some of their services and that sort of stuff though.  Once again I can't  really remember.  

All I know is that what I posted above, is what makes the general difference between USPS and FedEx/UPS.  Believe me, I can understand why people could get confused with the mailing addresses too, when I was sending my packets off I had to really think about it.  All in all, just make sure you do your research before sending any mail if you are not 100%, and as Moknroll stated, tracking is a MUST.  No matter what type of service!

Just now, Erin&Alex said:

I don't believe so. :huh:  If I am not mistaken, I believe with Express mail you are automatically given a tracking code similar to the courier services too, but no signature is needed upon delivery.  It just states wether it has been delivered or not if you were to look up your package.   I am sure you could pay extra for tracking as well, if Express doesn't automatically come with it.  Honestly, it has been so long since I have used USPS to send personal mail, that I can't say for sure. Lol.  I know with USPS you pay extra for some of their services and that sort of stuff though.  Once again I can't  really remember.  

All I know is that what I posted above, is what makes the general difference between USPS and FedEx/UPS.  Believe me, I can understand why people could get confused with the mailing addresses too, when I was sending my packets off I had to really think about it.  All in all, just make sure you do your research before sending any mail if you are not 100%, and as Moknroll stated, tracking is a MUST.  No matter what type of service!

Oh, and by the way, whenever I say "Express" I am talking about USPS Express.  Just want to make that clear. :)

13 minutes ago, Erin&Alex said:

Oh, and by the way, whenever I say "Express" I am talking about USPS Express.  Just want to make that clear. :)

Gotcha re: Express. Truthfully, whenever I received USPS Express Mails, I've always had to sign for it hence I thought the Lewisville would be the appropriate address as P.O. box won't have a human to sign for things :lol: 

Just now, KULtoATL said:

Gotcha re: Express. Truthfully, whenever I received USPS Express Mails, I've always had to sign for it hence I thought the Lewisville would be the appropriate address as P.O. box won't have a human to sign for things :lol: 

Hey, you may be right on that, and maybe the postal workers will deliver to the actual P.O. box, but go inside the suite or building and have someone sign for it.  Anyways, I would think if you are paying the price for the Express service that signatures, tracking, etc would be an automatic requirement unless you waived those factors upon purchase.

....and in all honestly, I think that signatures are sometimes pointless in certain circumstances.  All that really matters is if you can "track" or see if and when your package was delivered.  So as long as you know your package got safely to it's destination, that is enough to make me relax a little.  Lol. :D

4 minutes ago, Jb1 said:

Thank you everybody for your help, i checked this morning and it has been delivered. Now just have to wait for my checking account to say it and wait for NOA1. Thank you again

Awesome!  Glad to know that it made it!   Good luck on your journey and best wishes!

15 minutes ago, Erin&Alex said:

Hey, you may be right on that, and maybe the postal workers will deliver to the actual P.O. box, but go inside the suite or building and have someone sign for it.  Anyways, I would think if you are paying the price for the Express service that signatures, tracking, etc would be an automatic requirement unless you waived those factors upon purchase.

....and in all honestly, I think that signatures are sometimes pointless in certain circumstances.  All that really matters is if you can "track" or see if and when your package was delivered.  So as long as you know your package got safely to it's destination, that is enough to make me relax a little.  Lol. :D

We were gonna go with USPS but ended up with FedEx and we knew exactly when we could expect a delivery :) Besides, the price difference wasn't too much.

Edited by KULtoATL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.