Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, AnJ Co said:

You're the BEST!!!!!   Thx

Good luck!  It went very smoothly for my fiancee :)

TIMELINE

03/14/2017 - I-129F package for K-1 visa sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox via Fedex Ground

03/17/2017 - Package delivery confirmed and "Received Date" per NOA1

06/21/2017 - NOA2 Approval

7/10/2017 - Embassy Received

8/10/2017 - Medical exam complete (one day)

8/24/2017 - Interview at embassy in Manila - Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

It still shows Texas Service Center.  K-1s are handled through California.  You will have better estimates if you show the correct location.

I don't see Texas in my timeline anymore.  I won't need estimates till AOS step thankfully. They were way off since day 1 anyhow, since USCIS does not adhere to -first come first serve-

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No

Edit: Just saw all the rest of the replies about my timeline lol,l have no idea as I dont see any Texas anywhere! 

Re-edit : LOL okay now I  see  this under my name. No idea how to change it, as my lockbox location is the only Texas thing in my timeline

Edited by Orit.d

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Timeline
1 hour ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

GOT OUR EMAIL!!!!!! ready to book an interview!!! OMG!!!!

@Orit.d @eastcoastgroove

Yay!!!

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Orit.d said:

Yay!!!

I know!!! the funny thing is they replied to my email I sent them today! because them I scrolled down it wasn't the one from Thursday it was the one from today...!! eeep ! I cant contain my excitement hahaha! :jest:

Timeline
Just now, Marzena & Stephen said:

I know!!! the funny thing is they replied to my email I sent them today! because them I scrolled down it wasn't the one from Thursday it was the one from today...!! eeep ! I cant contain my excitement hahaha! :jest:

Good that you took action and re-sent it then! Finally in the last stages! Book that interview :D 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ben & Judy Mae said:

Good luck!  It went very smoothly for my fiancee :)

wish I knew what appts are available

I'm watching airline ticket prices ratchet up by the 10's every hour

Ann hasn't had time to do DS160 yet, 

Any way to see USEM calendar what interview days are available??

When are you flying?  Did you get tickets settled yet?

4 minutes ago, Orit.d said:

I don't see Texas in my timeline anymore.  I won't need estimates till AOS step thankfully. They were way off since day 1 anyhow, since USCIS does not adhere to -first come first serve-

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No

Just saw all the rest of the replies about my timeline lol,l have no idea as I dont see any Texas anywhere! 

It is in your profile. The timeline is fine. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

It is in your profile. The timeline is fine. 

See it now, haha. Don't know where/how to change 

3 minutes ago, Orit.d said:

See it now, haha. Don't know where/how to change 

No worries!!!  The important part is correct. Your timeline will be more accurate. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

wish I knew what appts are available

I'm watching airline ticket prices ratchet up by the 10's every hour

Ann hasn't had time to do DS160 yet, 

Any way to see USEM calendar what interview days are available??

When are you flying?  Did you get tickets settled yet?

Once you have your MNL case number you can try to schedule the interview, and there will be a box that tells you when the soonest available appointment can be scheduled.  But you cannot see the full apppointments calendar with all the available dates until you pay the visa fee and have your MRV number ready.

I do have our plane tickets booked for September 8.  Went with Philippine Airlines as I wanted her trip to be a direct one-way flight, landing in San Francisco.  From my observations, prices don't go up if you are at least two weeks away from departure, and our ticket cost ~$675.  Not too bad, but they will certainly go up closer to Christmas!

TIMELINE

03/14/2017 - I-129F package for K-1 visa sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox via Fedex Ground

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ben & Judy Mae said:

Once you have your MNL case number you can try to schedule the interview, and there will be a box that tells you when the soonest available appointment can be scheduled.  But you cannot see the full apppointments calendar with all the available dates until you pay the visa fee and have your MRV number ready.

I do have our plane tickets booked for September 8.  Went with Philippine Airlines as I wanted her trip to be a direct one-way flight, landing in San Francisco.  From my observations, prices don't go up if you are at least two weeks away from departure, and our ticket cost ~$675.  Not too bad, but they will certainly go up closer to Christmas!

One way ticket for 675 thru SF to VA?  That is quite the deal.

I'll check on their website for deals     Thanx!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

GOT OUR EMAIL!!!!!! ready to book an interview!!! OMG!!!!

@Orit.d @eastcoastgroove

AHHHHH OMG congratsss!!!! so happy for you!! 

Quick question, how're the dates looking for September / October? and the medical exam wait length seems reasonable so hooray for that!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Orit.d said:

Good that you took action and re-sent it then! Finally in the last stages! Book that interview :D 

I did !! October 4! I need to fix my timeline oops!!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

One way ticket for 675 thru SF to VA?  That is quite the deal.

I'll check on their website for deals     Thanx!

Sorry, I meant $675 for MNL to SFO.  I booked a separate ticket from Frontier Airlines for SFO to Reagan National airport in DC for an extra $125.  Still, flights from Manila are pretty cheap right now!

TIMELINE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

That is from receipt to when it ends up at the embassy.  I believe the suggestion is to start calling 14 days after NOA2.  It will take, at least, 7-10 days business for NVC to receive your file from USCIS after you receive the NOA2, then another 2-5 business days for NVC to get your file in their system.  

My understanding is that police certificates are required for ANY country that the beneficiary has lived for more than 6 months after the age of 16.  Yes, he will need one from Serbia to allow the CO to see that he is not a fugitive or criminal with outstanding warrants.

In my case, my fiancee had to get police certificates from Ireland and Korea, on top of the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) clearance from the Philippines.  She has two children.  The son is 17 so she needs his NBI clearance but her daughter is 14 so she does not need the clearance.

John thank you for the info I will get him on that right away!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.