Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I think we just figured out why our case tracker has not updated from "ready."

My fiance just got an e-mail from the Montreal Consulate:

" Unfortunately, we would need to re-fingerprint you.   Due to a technical error we were not able to proceed.  Please respond to this email stating which day next week you would be able to return for fingerprinting.  (Mornings MondayThursday)."

So frustrating! This may end up ruining our travel plans.  :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, gob332 said:

So I think we just figured out why our case tracker has not updated from "ready."

" Unfortunately, we would need to re-fingerprint you.   Due to a technical error we were not able to proceed.  Please respond to this email stating which day next week you would be able to return for fingerprinting.  (Mornings MondayThursday)."

HOLY FINGERPRINTS!!!

Seriously?  What if you are in the Great Wilderness?  Imagine how that can really really be an inconvenience to someone far from Montreal.

What does the US State Dept do? Send all rookies to Montreal?

15 minutes ago, troika said:

Whoohooo ... yeah ,they are so friendly at the NVC right ? Same here, lady I spoke to was so nice and professional ! Moves quickly after this, maybe a bit too quick :jest: you will be in Transit very soon.

Got my case number on the 8/16 from NVC. Embassy received 8/23. Medical scheduled for 5 Sept, interview for 15 Sept ... eek !

Fiance landing tomorrow morning at Heathrow, so all excited to see her tomorrow after 3 long months. We need to go for a nice night out in London to just celebrate and relax after all this stress.

Congrats !

Thank you so much!

Yes they are, very nice. 

My finance called twice today and both times spoke to a super nice ladies. 

Can't wait till I'll receive a call from the embassy. Yay :jest:

Happy for you too! Have a good time with your beloved. 

We haven't seen each other since early February. Hopefully we will be together on the interview. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, troika said:

What is all this packet business. I received absolutely nothing. Case went to Ready, I did my DS-160, scheduled my medical, completed readiness form, scheduled interview and paid the fee ?

I never sent anything in ? Am I missing something ?

Also, nice thing they do now in London at least, you are able to pick up your passport from selected location. One about 2 minutes walk from the office, so just chose that option, free of charge, instead of paying a courier.

After you receive your case # it varies greatly from country/ consulate. I'm not sure how it's done for UK maybe ask @GazLisa? He's all done with the paperwork part of the process. Sorry, I personally can't be of more help. 

However for Canada, we have to submit Packet 3 via email which asks for the confirmation of the DS-160 being complete, a scanned copy of the checklist they email in packet 3, and bio part of your passport. Packet 3 is usually received late with snail mail so most just find the most current version of it online. :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

HOLY FINGERPRINTS!!!

Seriously?  What if you are in the Great Wilderness?  Imagine how that can really really be an inconvenience to someone far from Montreal.

What does the US State Dept do? Send all rookies to Montreal?

Exactly! Thankfully, she is only a 4 hour drive (one way), but she also has a busy week next week closing out with work, final Canadian medical stuff, etc. I can't imagine being on the West Coast and having this happen to us. :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ariel&Mahum said:

After you receive your case # it varies greatly from country/ consulate. I'm not sure how it's done for UK maybe ask @GazLisa? He's all done with the paperwork part of the process. Sorry, I personally can't be of more help. 

However for Canada, we have to submit Packet 3 via email which asks for the confirmation of the DS-160 being complete, a scanned copy of the checklist they email in packet 3, and bio part of your passport. Packet 3 is usually received late with snail mail so most just find the most current version of it online. :) 

Thanks, yes the UK process is a little different ! ^_^

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, troika said:

What is all this packet business. I received absolutely nothing. Case went to Ready, I did my DS-160, scheduled my medical, completed readiness form, scheduled interview and paid the fee ?

I never sent anything in ? Am I missing something ?

Also, nice thing they do now in London at least, you are able to pick up your passport from selected location. One about 2 minutes walk from the office, so just chose that option, free of charge, instead of paying a courier.

In Canada - not sure if its the same for all countries.. but we have to send in packet 3 (the DS160, a copy of our passport bio page and the checklist) via email before we get packet 4.        I am waiting for that packet 4 now..     also we aren't able to book a medical in montreal unless we have an interview date :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, gob332 said:

Exactly! Thankfully, she is only a 4 hour drive (one way), but she also has a busy week next week closing out with work, final Canadian medical stuff, etc. I can't imagine being on the West Coast and having this happen to us. :wacko:

Some people up there rely on bush planes to fly out to civilization then have extensive drives.  You would think that any RCMP office could collect them and wire them over for her.  It after all was THEIR mistake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Kateryna_I said:

Thank you so much!

Yes they are, very nice. 

My finance called twice today and both times spoke to a super nice ladies. 

Can't wait till I'll receive a call from the embassy. Yay :jest:

Happy for you too! Have a good time with your beloved. 

We haven't seen each other since early February. Hopefully we will be together on the interview. 

I feel your pain, I haven't been seen my Ukrainian finance since early February either and I am a May filer so it is going to be a while longer....

23 minutes ago, gob332 said:

Holy cowballs, this sucks! :(
Fingers are crossed for you to not loose too much time.

*smh*

Timeline
35 minutes ago, gob332 said:

Did you guys have to process finger prints for your criminal record check or is this something new?

I never did finger prints at all so I was curious if you don't mind me asking?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Did you guys have to process finger prints for your criminal record check or is this something new?

I never did finger prints at all so I was curious if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all! She doesn't have a criminal record at all so we did not need the police cert with the prints. When you arrive for the interview they scan your prints there. From the e-mail, it seems to me, there was a technical issue with scanner and they were not recorded properly :(

Timeline
12 minutes ago, gob332 said:

Not at all! She doesn't have a criminal record at all so we did not need the police cert with the prints. When you arrive for the interview they scan your prints there. From the e-mail, it seems to me, there was a technical issue with scanner and they were not recorded properly :(

ohhh I'm sorry :( 

I didn't mean she had a criminal record... just sometimes people get a "hit" because their name or bday is the same as someone who does have a record so its easier to take prints and be exempt from that "hit" stuff...

But I misunderstood! thanks for letting me know ! I didn't realize you have to get finger printed at the interview. yikes..

Timeline
1 minute ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

ohhh I'm sorry :( 

I didn't mean she had a criminal record... just sometimes people get a "hit" because their name or bday is the same as someone who does have a record so its easier to take prints and be exempt from that "hit" stuff...

But I misunderstood! thanks for letting me know ! I didn't realize you have to get finger printed at the interview. yikes..

No worries! I wasn't aware of the "hit" issue myself!

They do electronic scanning of all 10 fingers at document check and then they do a verification check and scan them again at the actual interview. So,  we aren't sure if hers got deleted, or what happened.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, gob332 said:

No worries! I wasn't aware of the "hit" issue myself!

They do electronic scanning of all 10 fingers at document check and then they do a verification check and scan them again at the actual interview. So,  we aren't sure if hers got deleted, or what happened.

that's super! annoying!!!

I have that nexus card.. and I always wondered.. why don't they add all these systems together.. like I felt it was silly that I had to get a police record check when I have a nexus travel card? Its like you've already don't a detailed background check on me people! what a waste of resources! lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.