Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

I was wondering that myself... I eventually put None. My thought behind this was that the beneficiary is already listed in part 2 and maybe it is for kids or previous bene's? I don't know.. things like this could definitely be more specific and  precise. 
Let me know your thoughts =)

I was having the exact same issue with this!!! i was told by others not to put anything as your are correct the benificiary is already listed in part 2. I hope that is correct? did anyone who already got their visa do the same ? (edited - please write NONE as it states that in the question.. but not the ben. name) 

Also just a question regarding packet 4. (working ahead) I am looking at the packet 4 checklist for montreal canada and i see they are asking for the below - would a copy of my fiances passport and work letter be good enough? or are they looking for something specific? 

o. Copy of the U.S. petitioner status in the USA

p. Copies of documents proving petitioner’s U.S. domicile

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

I was having the exact same issue with this!!! i was told by others not to put anything as your are correct the benificiary is already listed in part 2. I hope that is correct? did anyone who already got their visa do the same ?

Well, it does say that if it is none, to write None... so, I am not sure if you left it blank, but you should probably write None in there if you did.

Timeline
Just now, Holly♡ said:

Well, it does say that if it is none, to write None... so, I am not sure if you left it blank, but you should probably write None in there if you did.

yes sorry i wrote none - i edited my forum entry shortly after posting :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Holly♡ said:

I was wondering that myself... I eventually put None. My thought behind this was that the beneficiary is already listed in part 2 and maybe it is for kids or previous bene's? I don't know.. things like this could definitely be more specific and  precise. 
Let me know your thoughts =)
I'm hoping to mail my stuff tomorrow.

Put in fiances name on line 26

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Vendhen said:

Put in fiances name on line 26

Where do you get this info from? Just curious because everyone else is putting "none"thank you!!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

I was having the exact same issue with this!!! i was told by others not to put anything as your are correct the benificiary is already listed in part 2. I hope that is correct? did anyone who already got their visa do the same ? (edited - please write NONE as it states that in the question.. but not the ben. name) 

Also just a question regarding packet 4. (working ahead) I am looking at the packet 4 checklist for montreal canada and i see they are asking for the below - would a copy of my fiances passport and work letter be good enough? or are they looking for something specific? 

i googled Question 26 I134 form - it said use current

I have no idea on packet 4 - lol - still trying to get ds160 done here

Edited by Vendhen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

With the status they are looking to make sure you are a US Citizen - a copy of your passport and birth certificate will suffice.

In terms of the domicile, I included a copy of my driver's license, energy bill and cable bill, but they did not take any of that documentation at the interview. I am wondering if it was because my pay stubs showed my address and established domicile, but I can't be certain.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Vendhen said:

Quick question

On the i-134 form

Part 3 Section 26 abc 27

Should I list my fiance name here? Or is for a second person?

Also - should I list my fiances kids even though there are not initially coming right away?

Thanks to all for your recent feedback on my questions.

You have been extremely helpful.

Knocking these tasks down one by one, step by step thanks to this awesome group of March filers 

I listed my fiance's name in this section. I don't remember where I read to do this, but I am fairly certain I did.

3 hours ago, dkmfan85 said:

This DS 160 form is stupid. I completely filled it out and had my fiancee go through and review everything to make sure it was correct, sign it and print the confirmation, and now it keeps losing information that was previously input. Anyone else have similar problems? It's specifically having issues saving my state/zip code and her previous employment and education information. She's had to input that same info like 3 times and it won't stay put.

Same for me! Everytime I saved, my zip code would disappear! I tried it on 3 different computers and same problem. So i decided to trust that it got saved and move on to next page. When I submitted and got the pdf files of my completed application, all the info was there. Strange. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, gob332 said:

I listed my fiance's name in this section. I don't remember where I read to do this, but I am fairly certain I did.

Yes, you and @Vendhen are right, you have to put the fiancé's name there. I did research on that a couple of months ago and that was it.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Yes, you and @Vendhen are right, you have to put the fiancé's name there. I did research on that a couple of months ago and that was it.

Thanks everyone! This was a very confusing subject as some others on here told me to put "none" good thing i keep reading this forum!!! Even google has some people putting none ?! 🙉🙈

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Thanks everyone! This was a very confusing subject as some others on here told me to put "none" good thing i keep reading this forum!!! Even google has some people putting none ?! 🙉🙈

I know! There were a couple of things that took me a bit of time to find out the answer to. All in all, I don't think that's really too important, since it seems to me they are not that picky about those details, except for the financial part.

They will understand it's a matter of interpretation if you don't fill in those lines. :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline

Sorry in advance if this question has already been asked but there is 635 pages here lol...

Ok, so we received the NOA2 letter. I called the NVC and they gave me the NVC Case number and invoice, but explained to me that they don't send out NVC letters for K1 visas. 

Is this new or has it always been the case? Anyone else experience this? They basically just said that we will get an email or a letter in the mail from the embassy with instructions.

Does anyone have an idea how long that takes to get info from the embassy in Manila for K1? I was told that since I have the NVC number and invoice that we can schedule the interview.

I am hesitant on having my fiance schedule the interview until we receive word from the embassy. Don't we need a letter from the embassy to bring to the medical exam? 

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Bryan&Bladi said:

Thank you! I know exactly how you feel, pero kapag nandun kna sa loob ng embassy at ngssimula na step 1, maiisip mo na lang ito na ba tlga yong interview!? Kasi as long as genuin and alam mo lahat ng details ng relationship nyo wala kang dpt ikabahala. Goodluck and ill pray for your approval.😉

Thank you! I appreciate it. 😊😊

6 hours ago, Vendhen said:

Ok feeling confident as things are moving along. We Got This !!!

* I have made copies of everything to send to her (Initial packet, birth certificates, passport, receipts, tax forms, employer letter, USCIS letters, additional intent to marry.

* She started the DS160 form but we will finish tomorrow.

* She is going to get her CENOMAR tomorrow and inquire about her nearest NBI office because it recently relocated.

* I will call the NVC this week to see if case received.

Then from there we can start preparing our timeline to fly her from Davao to Manila for medical and interview.

Feeling good and once again thanks for all input from the March team.

I don't think PSA offices are open today since it's government office. Today is Holiday in the Philippines.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.