Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, twoDs said:

I've read many, many reports that tax transcripts work fine or are even preferred (probably because they come from the IRS rather than you and are less likely to be doctored.)

In most cases transcripts can be had online at https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

I read on another thread that 2016 tax transcripts aren't available yet.  I didn't go to look for myself, but I thought that was odd - especially for electronic filers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ugh. More dealing with stupid government verification issues... Tried to get electronic transcripts and everything went smoothly until they asked for my phone number. Now I have to wait 5-10 days for a verification in the mail (to an address I don't live at anymore) to activate my account and get transcripts. Hopefully the post office will honor my change of address and forward it to me.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

I read on another thread that 2016 tax transcripts aren't available yet.  I didn't go to look for myself, but I thought that was odd - especially for electronic filers

Maybe I'll just send my 1040 and receipts that the IRS received my return. If the 1040 and W2 have matching numbers, then I don't see what the issue would be.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

Maybe I'll just send my 1040 and receipts that the IRS received my return. If the 1040 and W2 have matching numbers, then I don't see what the issue would be.

Log into IRS, you will be surprised at how easy it is to get your tax transcripts.  Better to have than to have not..... Is that a Humphrey Bogart movie title?????

oh, forgot to say, you print them on your printer, it's that easy

Edited by AnJ Co

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Log into IRS, you will be surprised at how easy it is to get your tax transcripts.  Better to have than to have not..... Is that a Humphrey Bogart movie title?????

I just tried to create an account and after giving all this information about my personal identity, everything came to a screeching halt because they couldn't match my name to my telephone number. I've had the same number for 12 years, and if I was able to answer all the more esoteric information, then I'm obviously who I say I am. Even if it wasn't my phone, what use would some random number texted from the IRS be to another random person? No sense whatsoever. Then I tried to file for paper transcripts and the exact same information they accepted to start an electronic account somehow didn't match their records. I have three years of tax info sitting right in front of me at this second. I know my filing address, SSN, phone number, e-mail address, what day my first pet was born, the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow (both African and European) etc.

Edited by dkmfan85

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

I just tried to create an account and after giving all this information about my personal identity, everything came to a screeching halt because they couldn't match my name to my telephone number. I've had the same number for 12 years, and if I was able to answer all the more esoteric information, then I'm obviously who I say I am. Even if it wasn't my phone, what use would some random number texted from the IRS be to another random person? No sense whatsoever. Then I tried to file for paper transcripts and the exact same information they accepted to start an electronic account somehow didn't match their records. I have three years of tax info sitting right in front of me at this second. I know my filing address, SSN, phone number, e-mail address, what day my first pet was born, the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow (both African and European) etc.

If you have the 1040+W2's you are good to go.

Everyone says tax transcripts are better, but actually the Embassy usually lists 1040+W2 (mine does). I even read about someone that was put on AP after the interview because they had the transcripts but not the W2 with them and they were required for their country.

So I would send the 1040+W2's, and if you can get the transcripts in the meantime, then fine, you can send those afterwards, since that can be scanned or a PDF and you don't need to send them via snail mail.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
7 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

Apparently IRS now falls under USCIS and has adopted their insanity.....

I stand corrected - it's not that easy

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

If you have the 1040+W2's you are good to go.

Everyone says tax transcripts are better, but actually the Embassy usually lists 1040+W2 (mine does). I even read about someone that was put on AP after the interview because they had the transcripts but not the W2 with them and they were required for their country.

So I would send the 1040+W2's, and if you can get the transcripts in the meantime, then fine, you can send those afterwards, since that can be scanned or a PDF and you don't need to send them via snail mail.

The tax transcript is actually even more generic looking than the 1040, so that kinda makes the less easy to doctor idea null.

From the Ukrainian Embassy instructions:

6. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: Any evidence from your American spouse/fiancé(e) which will show the consular officer that you and members of your family who will accompany you will not become public charges while in the United States. Documentation regarding financial support can be in any form – preferably one year of tax returns, W-2s, bank statements, earning statements, letters from employers. PRESENTING ONLY THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134 FORM IS NOT SUFFICIENT. The I-864 form is not required for a fiancé(e) visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

The tax transcript is actually even more generic looking than the 1040, so that kinda makes the less easy to doctor idea null.

From the Ukrainian Embassy instructions:

6. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: Any evidence from your American spouse/fiancé(e) which will show the consular officer that you and members of your family who will accompany you will not become public charges while in the United States. Documentation regarding financial support can be in any form – preferably one year of tax returns, W-2s, bank statements, earning statements, letters from employers. PRESENTING ONLY THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134 FORM IS NOT SUFFICIENT. The I-864 form is not required for a fiancé(e) visa.

IMO, letter of employer is the most relevant piece of information, since that shows the current situation. But, anyway, if they say tax returns, and not transcript specifically, I assume that's the 1040?

I have to say I have everything myself: 1040 + W2 and tax transcripts, and even the amendment from last year's that it took two months to be processed. Good to plan ahead :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
Just now, Estibaliz said:

IMO, letter of employer is the most relevant piece of information, since that shows the current situation. But, anyway, if they say tax returns, and not transcript specifically, I assume that's the 1040?

I have to say I have everything myself: 1040 + W2 and tax transcripts, and even the amendment from last year's that it took two months to be processed. Good to plan ahead :)

Yeah, what they are looking for is to see that your income is high enough to support your fiance(e). All the different forms of evidence are quite redundant and should all give the same information or show a trend in income.

Timeline
3 hours ago, twoDs said:

I've read many, many reports that tax transcripts work fine or are even preferred (probably because they come from the IRS rather than you and are less likely to be doctored.)

In most cases transcripts can be had online at https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

awesome. thank you!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

Does the letter from employer have to be recent? or can I use my offer letter from Feb 2016? 

8 hours ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Oh wow :(
Hopefully that was not the mistake of your life. Fingers are crossed that you can withdraw the withdrawal. 
One more year of waiting would afford way more patience then 120 days for a NOA2.

Good luck for you - I hope it will turn out good! 

@dkmfan85: Congratulations to the golden letter and good luck for a speedy further journey! :):)

i know. not thinking well and wisely, 😣😞 we cant continue yet , not until we have an official answer that our NoA2 wont be revoke.. 😞😞😔😔 thankyou 

coz now, we dont know how to cancel it.. write another letter or just simply call 😢

Just now, Maria124 said:

i know. not thinking well and wisely, 😣😞 we cant continue yet , not until we have an official answer that our NoA2 wont be revoke.. 😞😞😔😔 thankyou 

coz now, we dont know how to cancel it.. write another letter or just simply call 😢

All fingers are crossed! Best of luck for you!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.