Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Just now, KULtoATL said:

Maybe give it a few days to a week. I've read on here sometimes it's just slow to update. As long as you got the text/email followed by the hardcopy, it will be fine.

Yes, i should do that. at least i got a text message :)

1 minute ago, SamWasi said:

Yes, i should do that. at least i got a text message :)

Yes, don't worry :) Just start checking what you'll need for the K-1 at embassy level if your I-129F is approved and start preparing ahead.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, KULtoATL said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Now just sit back and wait.

Update your VJ timeline :) Register a myUSCIS account and you can track your case status with the receipt number. If assigned to CA, receipt number would start with CSC while TX is SRC.

Updated, and thank you for the support!  As March filers I guess we should expect our NOA2s by June but I'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints if they came sooner.  Yes my case was assigned to the CSC.  As far as my case goes I am expecting a smooth and simple process as neither of us have kids nor previous marriages and my W-2 salary is more than sufficient to satisfy the income requirement.  But you never know, they can issue an RFE for anything I suppose.

I'm actually visiting my fiancee in May for two weeks as well, so right in the middle of our ~90 day wait which makes waiting for the NOA2 slightly more bearable!

Good luck to everyone!

TIMELINE

03/14/2017 - I-129F package for K-1 visa sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox via Fedex Ground

03/17/2017 - Package delivery confirmed and "Received Date" per NOA1

06/21/2017 - NOA2 Approval

7/10/2017 - Embassy Received

8/10/2017 - Medical exam complete (one day)

8/24/2017 - Interview at embassy in Manila - Approved

15 minutes ago, Ben & Judy Mae said:

Updated, and thank you for the support!  As March filers I guess we should expect our NOA2s by June but I'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints if they came sooner.  Yes my case was assigned to the CSC.  As far as my case goes I am expecting a smooth and simple process as neither of us have kids nor previous marriages and my W-2 salary is more than sufficient to satisfy the income requirement.  But you never know, they can issue an RFE for anything I suppose.

I'm actually visiting my fiancee in May for two weeks as well, so right in the middle of our ~90 day wait which makes waiting for the NOA2 slightly more bearable!

Good luck to everyone!

That's wonderful that you will be visiting your fiancee in May :)  If you are visiting then, you probably can hand carry some of the documents that she will need for the K-1 interview. I'd like to visit my fiance but I'm afraid I might be denied entry because of a pending I-129F or K-1. Oh well.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

11 hours ago, CubaAndChill said:

Thank you for your encouragement and setting some expectations for us! I was keeping up with the Nov thread for awhile and saw how some cases took longer than others to get their NOA2. It seems as though it's like CSC is just drawing a name out of a hat and somewhat disorganized in how they process the packets, but I know that sooner or later we'll all get our NOA2's and then it's off to the embassy for our interviews.

Is it bad I'm already doing everything like I have my NOA2? lol! I've already filled out the DS-160 for my fiance, just waiting for the NOA2 to submit it. That way I can get an interview date as soon as possible after submitting the DS-160. And, I've already filled out the I-134 form and printed out some of my tax forms. I'm just waiting to print out my paycheck stubs & get the letter from my employer about a month or so before the interview. I'm also preparing my fiance in what he needs to get before the interview too, so he doesn't do things last minute like he likes to do everything else lol.

Just call me Impatient Irene :lol:

There's nothing wrong with that!  I've already done the same, a few times, as practice runs... and carefully reviewed all the form instructions and checklists.  I want to make sure that I'm ready when it's time and that I fully understand the process without any last minute surprises or questions!  

03/08/2017:  i-129f sent

03/10/2017:  i-129f received

03/15/2017:  Check cashed

03/15/2017:  NOA1 email/text confirmation

03/15/2017:  NOA1 NOTICE DATE

03/20/2017:  Received NOA1 hardcopy in the mail

06/10/2017:  NOA2 NOTICE DATE

06/15/2017:  Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

06/24/2017:  Completed DS160 application online

06/26/2017:  NVC Receive Date

06/30/2017:  NVC sent to embassy (electronically)

06/30/2017:  Paid fee online and Scheduled VAC appointment for 7/2/17 and embassy interview appointment for 7/25/17

07/02/2017:  VAC appointment completed (for fingerprints and photograph ... varies by country, don't panic if you're not familiar with this)

07/03/2017:  Embassy received packet from NVC (petitioner received email from embassy, advising case ready for interview)

07/06/2017:  Medical exam completed

07/15/2017:  Medical exam results picked up (sealed envelope + xray disc)

07/18/2017:  Police clearance certificate obtained

07/25/2017:  embassy interview! APPROVED!

09/27/2017:  Port of entry: Ft. Lauderdale

11/11/2017:  Married!

11/13/2017:  AOS packet (with EAD and AP) sent to USCIS

11/14/2017: AOS packet delivered to USCIS

11/20/2017: NOA1 Notice Date (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

11/28/2017: NOA1 Notices Received (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

12/01/2017: ASC Biometrics Appointment NOA Issued

12/19/2017: Biometrics appointment

01/05/2018: USCIS Case Status for EAD and AP shows "updated" but no new information

01/12/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD approved; card in production

01/16/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD card mailed

01/18/2018: USCIS Case Status says AP approved

01/20/2018: EAD/AP Combo card received via priority mail!

01/31/2018: Case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview" (at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov)  

(original/main site, egov.uscis.gov, still shows status as "Fingerprint fee was received" as of 11/17/17)

06/01/2018: Still impatiently waiting :) 

12 hours ago, Manuela Santos said:

Hello everyone.  I just mailed my K1 packet on Monday March 20 via UPS.  My fiance is in Dominican Republic. The waiting game begins......it helps to read everyone's update :) 

Welcome to the club! :)  My fiance is also in the Dominican Republic!  I'm going down there for another visit at the end of April.  It can't come soon enough!  Luckily, I'm in Florida, so it's a pretty quick/convenient flight for frequent/short weekend trips to Santo Domingo!

03/08/2017:  i-129f sent

03/10/2017:  i-129f received

03/15/2017:  Check cashed

03/15/2017:  NOA1 email/text confirmation

03/15/2017:  NOA1 NOTICE DATE

03/20/2017:  Received NOA1 hardcopy in the mail

06/10/2017:  NOA2 NOTICE DATE

06/15/2017:  Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

06/24/2017:  Completed DS160 application online

06/26/2017:  NVC Receive Date

06/30/2017:  NVC sent to embassy (electronically)

06/30/2017:  Paid fee online and Scheduled VAC appointment for 7/2/17 and embassy interview appointment for 7/25/17

07/02/2017:  VAC appointment completed (for fingerprints and photograph ... varies by country, don't panic if you're not familiar with this)

07/03/2017:  Embassy received packet from NVC (petitioner received email from embassy, advising case ready for interview)

07/06/2017:  Medical exam completed

07/15/2017:  Medical exam results picked up (sealed envelope + xray disc)

07/18/2017:  Police clearance certificate obtained

07/25/2017:  embassy interview! APPROVED!

09/27/2017:  Port of entry: Ft. Lauderdale

11/11/2017:  Married!

11/13/2017:  AOS packet (with EAD and AP) sent to USCIS

11/14/2017: AOS packet delivered to USCIS

11/20/2017: NOA1 Notice Date (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

11/28/2017: NOA1 Notices Received (for AOS, EAD, and AP)

12/01/2017: ASC Biometrics Appointment NOA Issued

12/19/2017: Biometrics appointment

01/05/2018: USCIS Case Status for EAD and AP shows "updated" but no new information

01/12/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD approved; card in production

01/16/2018: USCIS Case Status says EAD card mailed

01/18/2018: USCIS Case Status says AP approved

01/20/2018: EAD/AP Combo card received via priority mail!

01/31/2018: Case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview" (at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov)  

(original/main site, egov.uscis.gov, still shows status as "Fingerprint fee was received" as of 11/17/17)

06/01/2018: Still impatiently waiting :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm starting to get a little stressed about the I-134 income issue. My fiancee who is the USC is in grad school (due to finish in May and sit licensing exam in July), so doesn't have an actual income - only grad school loans which add up to around $21k per year, but I'm sure this isn't counted as income for the purpose of the I-134. The idea of needing a co-sponsor is annoying - her parents are retired so may not meet the income requirements. Does the co-sponsor have to be in the same/similar location to where you'll be staying or could her out-of-state brother co-sponsor?

I-129F Journey

27th February 2017 - Posted via 2-day UPS to Texas address

1st March 2017 - Arrived at Texas Service Center

7th March 2017 - Received email NOA1 and case number

3rd June 2017 - NOA2 notice date

8th June 2017 - Received hardcopy NOA2

26th June 2017 - Received NVC case number via email

4th July 2017 - Completed visa medical

11th July 2017 - Got fed up and emailed Packet 3 response to Consulate prior to receiving Packet 3 (case still "In Transit")

13th July 2017 - Received interview date (Packet 4)

1 minute ago, Andrew&Elizabeth said:

I'm starting to get a little stressed about the I-134 income issue. My fiancee who is the USC is in grad school (due to finish in May and sit licensing exam in July), so doesn't have an actual income - only grad school loans which add up to around $21k per year, but I'm sure this isn't counted as income for the purpose of the I-134. The idea of needing a co-sponsor is annoying - her parents are retired so may not meet the income requirements. Does the co-sponsor have to be in the same/similar location to where you'll be staying or could her out-of-state brother co-sponsor?

Co-sponsors don't necessarily need to be family members. I think out-of-state brother is fine so long he lives and earns in the US :) 

Timeline

Great, thanks. Now just to bring up the idea of having him be legally responsible for our financial situation :(

I-129F Journey

11th July 2017 - Got fed up and emailed Packet 3 response to Consulate prior to receiving Packet 3 (case still "In Transit")

Just now, Andrew&Elizabeth said:

Great, thanks. Now just to bring up the idea of having him be legally responsible for our financial situation :(

I know where you are coming from. My fiance and I are both very independent people and we would feel like we are a burden if we had to ask someone to do something like that for us.

I do not mean to be rude but aside from the official I-134 paperwork, do you and your fiancee have your own savings to use during the whole process before the both of you finally have a full time income?

Timeline
1 minute ago, KULtoATL said:

I know where you are coming from. My fiance and I are both very independent people and we would feel like we are a burden if we had to ask someone to do something like that for us.

I do not mean to be rude but aside from the official I-134 paperwork, do you and your fiancee have your own savings to use during the whole process before the both of you finally have a full time income?

Yeah we will have enough savings. I'll have the money set aside to cover the visa process, and some more for living expenses. We'll be staying at her parents house until she gets licensed and starts working, so it won't be too expensive.

I've spent months over there already without any issues (I'm a working professional in Australia). The difficulty is that her student loans probably don't count as income in spite of being enough to exceed the poverty guidelines.

I-129F Journey

1 minute ago, Andrew&Elizabeth said:

Yeah we will have enough savings. I'll have the money set aside to cover the visa process, and some more for living expenses. We'll be staying at her parents house until she gets licensed and starts working, so it won't be too expensive.

I've spent months over there already without any issues (I'm a working professional in Australia). The difficulty is that her student loans probably don't count as income in spite of being enough to exceed the poverty guidelines.

I don't think student loans can be constituted as an income. The loans are particularly for her to use for her education :) 

For future reference, please note that the I-864 during the AOS stage would require the sponsor(s) to meet a 125%. 

Now on a different and less stressful note, whereabouts in Australia are you from?

Timeline
Just now, KULtoATL said:

I don't think student loans can be constituted as an income. The loans are particularly for her to use for her education :) 

For future reference, please note that the I-864 during the AOS stage would require the sponsor(s) to meet a 125%. 

Now on a different and less stressful note, whereabouts in Australia are you from?

Perth. Unfortunately that means I've gotta fly across the country when it comes time for the interview since they only do them in Sydney. Sure makes for an expensive visa given all the other expenses.

I-129F Journey

Just now, Andrew&Elizabeth said:

Perth. Unfortunately that means I've gotta fly across the country when it comes time for the interview since they only do them in Sydney. Sure makes for an expensive visa given all the other expenses.

Oh I have a really close galpal in Perth. She's always asking me to visit but I always end up visiting Brisbane. I like Brisbane because it's a city with all the convenience but still very laidback compared to Sydney and Melbourne :D

Yeap, totally agree with you on the high cost for obtaining a visa before you even move to the US. Exchange rate against the Malaysian Ringgit is a killer right now and there's so much that needs to be spent on :(

10 hours ago, marc941 said:

Welcome to the club! :)  My fiance is also in the Dominican Republic!  I'm going down there for another visit at the end of April.  It can't come soon enough!  Luckily, I'm in Florida, so it's a pretty quick/convenient flight for frequent/short weekend trips to Santo Domingo!

Hello. How exciting!  I know how you feel. I was just there in January for 2 weeks and I'm going again end of May. Distance is hard, some days feel like years but I'm glad I finally got the ball rolling. Good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.