3,010 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 hours ago, thatangela said:

Has anyone stuck in California processing received a second extension letter yet?

There's no such thing. 

When your extension letter expires, you can make an InfoPass appointment to get a stamp in your passport, which then allows you to travel normally.

• Want to transfer money from abroad to a US account? Or do you want to transfer money from your US account to your foreign loved one? Use TransferWise for rates MUCH lower than banks! Click HERE to TRANSFER MONEY internationally CHEAP!
  • You have some bad remarks on your credit report, and want to clean it up by the time your loved one comes to the US? Use a reputable Credit Repair company. Fortress Credit Pro has a money back guarantee AND only charges you for entries that are actually removed! Click here to enroll for Credit Repair

(Disclosure: The links to TransferWise and FortressPro are affiliate links, and their use can accumulate in benefits for me. Using the links does offer a discount to you by using them over enrolling through the main website, unless any promotions are run by the company)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, SimonAndKimberly said:

There's no such thing. 

When your extension letter expires, you can make an InfoPass appointment to get a stamp in your passport, which then allows you to travel normally.

I had read there would be second extension letters sent but I guess that's only for investors' visas.

http://www.gandsinvestors.com/the-immigrant-investor-blog/blog-post/blog/2018/06/12/uscis-changes-i-829-receipt-procedure-status-now-evidenced-for-18-months-instead-of-12?utm_source=Mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=View-Original

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, thatangela said:

I've read some folks here saying that USCIS won't issue the extension letter for us who're still on pending, but according to this announcement by USCIS, it seems like they'll issue an extension letter for us. Read the third paragraph starting with "Additionally"; 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/update-form-i-797-receipt-notices-form-i-751-and-form-i-829

Correct me if I'm reading it wrong. I need to improve my reading comprehension lol. 

However, it doesn't specify when they'll send the new I-767 for us, and I don't expect them to mail it to me shortly. (by the way I found that they recalled EAD cards too LOL what the heck are they doing). If you need the extension soon, it's probably faster to get the passport stamped. That's what I'm going to do as some company is holding an offer because of my semi-expired PR status. 

Timeline

By the way, are you guys receiving an email "we are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time"? I receive it almost once a month, and it says my case hasn't had update since March 31, 2018 while my case was transferred to NE in May. I wonder what the truth is....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ktone said:

I've read some folks here saying that USCIS won't issue the extension letter for us who're still on pending, but according to this announcement by USCIS, it seems like they'll issue an extension letter for us. Read the third paragraph starting with "Additionally"; 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/update-form-i-797-receipt-notices-form-i-751-and-form-i-829

Correct me if I'm reading it wrong. I need to improve my reading comprehension lol. 

However, it doesn't specify when they'll send the new I-767 for us, and I don't expect them to mail it to me shortly. (by the way I found that they recalled EAD cards too LOL what the heck are they doing). If you need the extension soon, it's probably faster to get the passport stamped. That's what I'm going to do as some company is holding an offer because of my semi-expired PR status. 

Thanks. I couldn't remember where I'd seen that. 

3 hours ago, Ktone said:

By the way, are you guys receiving an email "we are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time"? I receive it almost once a month, and it says my case hasn't had update since March 31, 2018 while my case was transferred to NE in May. I wonder what the truth is....

Intially I was excited for any  update from USCIS but then I got tired of seeing the we are still reviewing your case update so I turned it off so that it will be a pleasant surprise to get the happy update! 🙄😄

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline

USCIS will issue the new receipt notice to the already filed applicants but GOD knows how long it is going to take. It is easy to issue the updated version of that extension letter to the new applicants. It is better to get the I-551 stamp on your passport. USCIS is going through a lot this year. The GC wrong date issue, EAD wrong date problem, unnecessary transfer notification, system glitches, online updated etc. You simply can not rely on their new update to be accurate and delivered in a timely manner. I got interview notification and letter online 3 days ago and yesterday I got that automated message that "we are still reviewing your case and there is no update at the moment" This is ridiculously wrong but funny though Lolzzzzz. 

Edited by Name O Boy

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Any CSC filers received green cards yet? 

5/1/2014: I-130 Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

5/23/2015: US Entry :jest:

3/1/2017: Filed i-751 (California Service Center,  transferred to National Benefits Center on 3/13/2018)

2/23/2018: Filed N-400 online at Chicago, IL
10/03/2018: i751-N400  combo interview successful

11/05/2018: Completed Oath Ceremony, Certificate of Naturalization in hand! :jest:

12 hours ago, flash9153 said:

Any CSC filers received green cards yet? 

Lol ... I wish! My case got transferred to Texas Center, I got notification in the mail yesterday. Don't know if that's good sign or bad :mellow:

Edited by tiffynets

Timeline
8 hours ago, tiffynets said:

Lol ... I wish! My case got transferred to Texas Center, I got notification in the mail yesterday. Don't know if that's good sign or bad :mellow:

I read on other forums, looks like Dec '16 - Jan '17 CSC filers are just now starting to receive their cards. Which means we might be 2-3 months away from receiving ours (fingers crossed). Ours also got transferred to another location, National Benefits Center. 

3/1/2017: Filed i-751 (California Service Center,  transferred to National Benefits Center on 3/13/2018)

11/05/2018: Completed Oath Ceremony, Certificate of Naturalization in hand! :jest:

Timeline

Ok guys, I need to pick your brain a bit.

I think I lost my driver's license (or maybe stolen :/) ..... and I remember last time I went to my local DMV to change only my address on the license, they refused to do so despite the fact that I presented my expired green card AND the extension letter along with other documents I needed to prove my new address. They told me to come back once the renewal has been approved. I wonder how I can re-issue the driver's license. How were you guys able to get the new license while the I-751 was in pending?

I have the appointment to get the passport stamped on July 5th, but I need to drive 2 hours without the license if DMV refuses to re-issue the license.... The life is tough.... :jest:

Edited by Ktone

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ktone said:

I think I lost my driver's license (or maybe stolen :/) ..... and I remember last time I went to my local DMV to change only my address on the license, they refused to do so despite the fact that I presented my expired green card AND the extension letter along with other documents I needed to prove my new address. They told me to come back once the renewal has been approved. I wonder how I can re-issue the driver's license. How were you guys able to get the new license while the I-751 was in pending?

I have the appointment to get the passport stamped on July 5th, but I need to drive 2 hours without the license if DMV refuses to re-issue the license.... The life is tough.... :jest:

This is a quite a pickle. Sounds like to me, driving two hours without a valid license might be your only option at this point. Can you get a friend or family member to drive you to the info pass appointment? Then go back to the DMV for an extended license? Unfortunately, the documentation you have available now covers too short a period of time to reissue a license. Maybe lost/stolen falls under a different criteria, and you can get it reissued for 10 days...but that seems highly unlikely considering your DMV's past response. 

32 minutes ago, Ktone said:

I had a hard time renewing my DL too even with a 6 moths extension from the passport stamp, but I insisted so they finally let me. And they can't issue DL to you for any longer than your current extension period, also factor in the 3 weeks protocol it might take for the new DL to reach you, if your doc expires before that, they would have all the reasons not to let you renew. If no one could drive you, what about public transportation or Uber?

40 minutes ago, flash9153 said:

I read on other forums, looks like Dec '16 - Jan '17 CSC filers are just now starting to receive their cards. Which means we might be 2-3 months away from receiving ours (fingers crossed). Ours also got transferred to another location, National Benefits Center. 

Good luck to us and all other CSC March '17 filers ^_^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.