sunshinestate2013

N-400 - March 2017 Filers

2,795 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nick79 said:

Did you try speaking with an L2 officer yet?

It seems in general that March filers do not move ahead at all. We are frozen. Nobody got the interview letter within past 2-2,5 weeks I guess. Am I wrong?might be it is because of the vacation season...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Investinmiami said:

It seems in general that March filers do not move ahead at all. We are frozen. Nobody got the interview letter within past 2-2,5 weeks I guess. Am I wrong?might be it is because of the vacation season...

Another issue could be that many new applications were received in January and February due to executive orders. Initially even green card holders were considered "banned" with everybody else from the banned countries, and many folks got scared and flooded USCIS with naturalization applications. There are millions of eligible GC holders who could apply... Now, that could result in background checks backlogs and later on in backlogs in field offices.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi, everyone. I began the process in March, and from April 12 in Line for an interview. Also, I see that the process is getting longer than I expecting,  and is not very encouraging ...

10 hours ago, Nick79 said:

Did you try speaking with an L2 officer yet?

no honestly its really stressing me out. wondering why no updates

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ejorney said:

Hi, everyone. I began the process in March, and from April 12 in Line for an interview. Also, I see that the process is getting longer than I expecting,  and is not very encouraging ...

The delay must be due to the backlog of cases USCIS received. Offices in some regions might be understaffed as well. I don't think I will get a letter sooner than mid-August.

Edited by Yuliya Lipina

One of my work colleagues (who is not a member here) filed in late September 2016 and received his interview letter yesterday. His local office is Hartford, CT same as me. I don't know all his details, but he is a Canadian and his biometrics were completed approximately 1 month after his priority date.

I have talked to so many people in the process and there does not seem to be a reason for the difference in processing times. It probably comes down to field office. I know for a fact that the Boston Field office is moving quickly as several people on this site as well as others I know have gotten their citizenship within 4 months of applying (myself included). However, a coworker of mine who lives elsewhere in the state applied last November and has his oath ceremony next week. We have very similar backgrounds, work at the same place, etc etc. It does seem to take less than a year overall at the longest. So hold tight everyone, it's gonna be over soon.

2001-2005 F1 - College

2005-2011 F1 - Grad School

2011 - 2012 - F1-OPT

2012- current - H1B

June 2011 - We met in San Francisco, CA

July 2012 - Both took the leap of faith and moved to Boston together

September 2013 - Got married

20 Feb 14 [DAY 0] - Sent off AOS (i485, i130, i131,i864, i693).

25 Feb 14 [DAY 1] - USPS Package Received

28 Feb 14 [DAY 3] - TXT/email notification of receival.

03 Mar 14 [DAY 6] - Hardcopy NOA's.

06 Mar 14 [DAY 9] - Biometrics appointment received.

26 Mar 14 [DAY 29] - Biometrics completed.

10 April 14 [DAY 44] - AOS status changed to 'Testing and Interview'

14 April 14 [DAY 48] - Got interview date for May 20th, 2014!

20 May 14 [DAY 84] - Approved! Document/Card Production

29 May 14 [DAY 93] - GC received via USPS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
14 hours ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

The delay must be due to the backlog of cases USCIS received. Offices in some regions might be understaffed as well. I don't think I will get a letter sooner than mid-August.

Yes, I will hope for August, too. I was sure that everything will done in July.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Greetings Everyone,

I Filed on March 20th and i did my bio-metrics on April 20th. but since then my status shows "Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled".

I called L2 officer and he did not give me any information, he just said that it's still in the processing time frame.

Do i need an infopass or what shall i do, i'm worried specially that i didn't even get to the " in line for interview" status?

Please advice.

Thanks

Mina

Timeline
17 minutes ago, M&E2014 said:

Greetings Everyone,

I Filed on March 20th and i did my bio-metrics on April 20th. but since then my status shows "Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled".

I called L2 officer and he did not give me any information, he just said that it's still in the processing time frame.

Do i need an infopass or what shall i do, i'm worried specially that i didn't even get to the " in line for interview" status?

Please advice.

Thanks

Mina

There are some people here who have called USCIS several times by now, each time getting a different verbal explanation, sometimes quite contradictory. I would advise patience and really wait until you are out of normal processing timeframe. This is when you should start calling, placing service requests, infopass appointments and congressional inquiries/ombudsman office. If nothing works then sue them.

Edited by casualuser
edited typo

Timeline
24 minutes ago, M&E2014 said:

Also if you could please share some more information about yourself it would be very useful to the community! What is your timeline, field office and a country of origin? It is possible that the country of origin affects the speed of  processing, as other discussions here and in other places suggest...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, casualuser said:

Also if you could please share some more information about yourself it would be very useful to the community! What is your timeline, field office and a country of origin? It is possible that the country of origin affects the speed of  processing, as other discussions here and in other places suggest...

I filed on 3/20/2017

NOA - 4/6/2017

Fingerprints notice - 4/5/2017

Fingerprints taken - 4/20/2017

Country of Origin : Egypt

please let me know if my country was mentioned that it has delays.

Timeline

One example link here: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/carrp-program-creates-long-delays-muslim-americans-applying-immigration-benefits.html

Your timeline is similar to mine:

Application Filed:              27 Mar 2017
USCIS Received Date:            28 Mar 2017
Priority Date:                  28 Mar 2017
Check Cashed:                   30 Mar 2017
NOA Received (I-797C):          08 Apr 2017
Fingerprint Notice Received:    14 Apr 2017
Fingerprints Done:              24 Apr 2017
USCIS District Office:          Raleigh, NC
Service Center:                 Texas

I am in the same situation as you (I am not in line for interview yet), but there is a fairly significant number of people affected at this early stage. After all, we wait only 4 months on average as of today. Also, expect delays due to application surge that happened after famous executive orders. If your processing time takes longer than one year then you should take decisive action.

In general, relax and do not think about it too much. It is not like a green card application and your status does not hang on a thread as it often happens when you apply for GC.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, M&E2014 said:

Greetings Everyone,

Please advice.

Thanks

Mina

If your case hasn't moved to the in-line for interview status, it most probably means that your background check by the FBI hasn't come back yet to the USCIS. You can expect delay on your case as your country of origin is a Middle east country plus if you are a male within a certain age group. Nobody can accurately predict when your checks will come back. Have patience. Thats all i can say.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

If your case hasn't moved to the in-line for interview status, it most probably means that your background check by the FBI hasn't come back yet to the USCIS. You can expect delay on your case as your country of origin is a Middle east country plus if you are a male within a certain age group. Nobody can accurately predict when your checks will come back. Have patience. Thats all i can say.

The truth is that this is somewhat urban legend about not being in line as equivalent to background checks pending. I did not see any evidence of it yet. Another possibility is that USCIS did not enter the data (or transmit, or made in sync) into the end-user web based interface. After all, there are plenty of people who never got any update that their fingerprint appointment was scheduled even though they did get a paper biometric appointment notification.

I guess that many of us have something in their application that might require manual verification. In my case the list is as follows: international travels, a move, change of a job and a new kid. All relevant in the context of this application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.