cordoba2015

Email Processing for NVC

120 posts in this topic

Finally submitted my docs to the NVC vía email on Monday. 9/11... I'm wondering what are the estimated processing times for EP?

15 hours ago, mgdrake4938 said:

When emailing the passport. Am I required to email each page of the passport book?

No just the bio page which shows the persons info (photo, name, birthdate, etc)

19 hours ago, Y&V6416 said:

No just the bio page which shows the persons info (photo, name, birthdate, etc)

Hi did you get approved yet?

My was approved un 4days.

Tommorow will be 2 weeks since NVC received my paperwork vía email... Today I logged onto the NVC site to check if I got N/A but the AOS is gone completely and only the IV shows up and says paid... Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Edited by Y&V6416
Misspelling

53 minutes ago, Y&V6416 said:

Tommorow will be 2 weeks since NVC received my paperwork vía email... Today I logged onto the NVC site to check if I got N/A but the AOS is gone completely and only the IV shows up and says paid... Anyone have any idea whats going on?

NEVERMIND I just got off the phone with NVC and they told me I have a CC now all I have go do is wait for the interview date!!! Exactly 2 weeks to date it took! 

16 hours ago, Y&V6416 said:

NEVERMIND I just got off the phone with NVC and they told me I have a CC now all I have go do is wait for the interview date!!! Exactly 2 weeks to date it took! 

Congrats! EP is a beautiful thing, so fast and efficient compared to 11+ weeks of misery after an already excrutiating wait at USCIS.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

1 hour ago, cordoba2015 said:

Congrats! EP is a beautiful thing, so fast and efficient compared to 11+ weeks of misery after an already excrutiating wait at USCIS.

Thank you! Wow it defintely is, we waited 7 months at USCIS to be approved and Im so glad the wait wasnt long at NVC.. Thank God for email processing and that I did my own resesrch! Becuase if I wouldnt have, the lawyers that I hired are so outdated that I had to insist and even do it myself sending vía email.. Because they were going to just send it through regular mail!

31 minutes ago, Y&V6416 said:

Thank you! Wow it defintely is, we waited 7 months at USCIS to be approved and Im so glad the wait wasnt long at NVC.. Thank God for email processing and that I did my own resesrch! Becuase if I wouldnt have, the lawyers that I hired are so outdated that I had to insist and even do it myself sending vía email.. Because they were going to just send it through regular mail!

Same here. I had to specially request EP from our attorneys. They did great work for us, we just had to specify that we wanted it done in that way. VisaJourney is a great resource to educate yourself on the process.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ,

My case was approved in 2001 , and my brother who applied my petition didn't follow up even he lost my documents so no action done , today I want to proceed would it be possible ? Is the case go expired ? From where to start ? I have a family now can I apply for them along with my case ? Please I need help 

Thank you in advance 

Case was closed on Sept. 25th and I received the CC Email on Oct. 2nd... I was hoping that within a week I would receive the interview date just like I have seen with everyone else.... But it's already the 12th and no email... Getting a bit anxious.. I know everyone here understands... Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get interview date after CC?? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 2/18/2017 at 7:20 PM, cordoba2015 said:

Hi everyone, our I-130 was just approved yesterday and we are getting our documents together for NVC while we wait for NVC to receive our approved petition. I read on the travel.state.gov website that there is email processing available at the NVC stage for the following embassies: ADD, BNS, FRN, GTM, HNK, KEV, MRV, PHP, RDJ, SYD, TGG, or THT.

Since BNS is our embassy, and it is on the list, I am definitely going to do email processing because I have heard it is faster. Does anyone have any experience with email processing, and if so, would you be able to detail your experience i.e. process for submitting the documents with email processing and how long it took for your case to be completed.

I am most interested in knowing how much time can be saved at the NVC stage by doing email processing as opposed to mail processing, that way I can figure out roughly how long we still have to wait in this whole process. Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to give me any information you might have.

Do you know which/if there is a chance the U.K. Accepts NVC email processing?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/18/2017 at 2:20 PM, cordoba2015 said:

Hi everyone, our I-130 was just approved yesterday and we are getting our documents together for NVC while we wait for NVC to receive our approved petition. I read on the travel.state.gov website that there is email processing available at the NVC stage for the following embassies: ADD, BNS, FRN, GTM, HNK, KEV, MRV, PHP, RDJ, SYD, TGG, or THT.

Since BNS is our embassy, and it is on the list, I am definitely going to do email processing because I have heard it is faster. Does anyone have any experience with email processing, and if so, would you be able to detail your experience i.e. process for submitting the documents with email processing and how long it took for your case to be completed.

I am most interested in knowing how much time can be saved at the NVC stage by doing email processing as opposed to mail processing, that way I can figure out roughly how long we still have to wait in this whole process. Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to give me any information you might have.

so if your country is not listed then you cant email your forms?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.