Ethel Joy

K1 Visa Second Interview

22 posts in this topic

Good Evening everyone!

I need advice, please help me understand my situation.

I had my second interview last week and the Consular told me I'm APPROVED after he disclosed my fiance's misdemeanor; he told me to wait for my visa. But my question is why is my status under CEAS is still AP? I'm a lil bit curious about it, why not APPROVED or READY or even ISSUED. that bug's the hell out of me. If any of you experienced this kind of situation. Please I need your advice. Thank you.

_Jessie K.

Edited by Jessie K.
Wrong words

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It can take a couple of weeks for them to print the visa (ie it changing to Issued). That being said, don't book any flights or anything till you have your visa and passport in your hand, as they may do a supervisor review and find something else that they want to ask you about or check.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Thank you @Penguin_ie. So all I need to do now is wait right? But I'm sure the Consular approved my visa and even congratulate me. Sigh waiting really is stressful. I hope I'll get my visa this month.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yeah waiting is really all you can do.  If you have heard nothing three weeks after the interview, then start making enquiries.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

AP is a broad term that covers any step that requires processing. Whether it's taking the passport from point A to point B, printing the visa, doing background checks, looking at more papers, applying the visa into the passport, etc. Most people don't actually ever see the approved status, as it changes to AP to fast because they're working on the visa at the moment. After AP, you'll see ISSUED, and that's when it'll actually be ready for pick up.

Ideally since you're K-1. You may see the case go from Immigrant AP to a case creation date of a new day, then change to Non-Immigrant READY and then Non-Immigrant AP, once the info in CEAC changes from Immigrant to Non-Immigrant, you're pretty much days away from issued.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

I see, thank you so much I just realized after my 2nd interview it was approved I checked my status it changed to Non-immigrant from Immigrant. Though it's still under AP. You give me a big relief for that information. Thank you so much. :)

This is my first time applying K1 Visa however after my first interview they send me home with 221g form with lacking of requirements from the petitioner. I'm so sad and hopeless. After month of my interview, got message from embassy for another interview. That was really a relief and of course I'm scared " LEAVE ME NO CLUE"  what's going to happen. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, Ash.1101 said:

AP is a broad term that covers any step that requires processing. Whether it's taking the passport from point A to point B, printing the visa, doing background checks, looking at more papers, applying the visa into the passport, etc. Most people don't actually ever see the approved status, as it changes to AP to fast because they're working on the visa at the moment. After AP, you'll see ISSUED, and that's when it'll actually be ready for pick up.

Ideally since you're K-1. You may see the case go from Immigrant AP to a case creation date of a new day, then change to Non-Immigrant READY and then Non-Immigrant AP, once the info in CEAC changes from Immigrant to Non-Immigrant, you're pretty much days away from issued.

Well said and perfectly explained. You hit the nail on the head.

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/12/2017 at 1:33 PM, Jessie K. said:

This is my first time applying K1 Visa however after my first interview they send me home with 221g form with lacking of requirements from the petitioner. I'm so sad and hopeless. After month of my interview, got message from embassy for another interview. That was really a relief and of course I'm scared " LEAVE ME NO CLUE"  what's going to happen. 

@Jessie K. I was also advice to do 2nd intervw after 1 month of waiting i had interview last feb.6 then in mar. 7 do

On 5/1/2017 at 8:07 PM, mengmeng said:

@Jessie K. I was also advice to do 2nd intervw after 1 month of waiting i had interview last feb.6 then in mar. 7 

If I may ask what is the reason for the second interview? Are you under 221g ? and the second interview are done how was it? Did you already get your Visa?

On 5/2/2017 at 0:54 AM, barbender said:

Second interview do we need to pay again or not?did the embassy do the scheduling or us?ty

No need to pay again for second interview. Base on my experience I had my second interview done and waited couple weeks to get my Visa. It's rare to get denied in a second interview but still Good luck and God bless you. :)

PS: prayers were the key to success.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.