Arpan

Mistake while filing i-130 form

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi ,

We just got to know that we have made a typographical error while sending i130 form in social security no. Is there a way to fix it. I have not yet received Noc1 yet . 

Thanks,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made a couple errors on my 485 and 765 applications.  (Incorrect visa number and incorrect eligibility code).  

I called USCIS and they advised I write a letter and explain the error and the correction.  (Be detailed - page number, section number etc).

I also went to Infopass where I was advised usually clerical errors won't result in a straight denial, and that someone physically checks over packages when they are received.  

Since you don't have an NOA yet, wait for that to come so that you can reference the receipt number and direct the mail to the right service center. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I would wait till you get an RFE, or  the next time you send in documents if not, and then send a corrected form with short cover letter explaining.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
On 2/11/2017 at 3:18 AM, Penguin_ie said:

I would wait till you get an RFE, or  the next time you send in documents if not, and then send a corrected form with short cover letter explaining.

Hi Penguin_ie Thank you for your response. I have just received my NOC1 ..is there a possibility that I will send an letter to USCIS stating that there is a typo on the i-130 form and this is a correct copy by mentioning my Receipt number. As RFE will further delay our process by 2 months :(

Thanks,

Arpan

Edited by Arpan

Timeline
On 2/10/2017 at 5:57 PM, Cryssiekins said:

I made a couple errors on my 485 and 765 applications.  (Incorrect visa number and incorrect eligibility code).  

I called USCIS and they advised I write a letter and explain the error and the correction.  (Be detailed - page number, section number etc).

I also went to Infopass where I was advised usually clerical errors won't result in a straight denial, and that someone physically checks over packages when they are received.  

Since you don't have an NOA yet, wait for that to come so that you can reference the receipt number and direct the mail to the right service center. 

Thank you Cryssiekins for your response. So do you mean that you have send a mail to USCIS center with correct documents by mentioning your Receipt Number after receiving your NOC-1.

Thanks,

A

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is what I did.  Use the mailing address for the service centre your case was assigned to (ie Texas, California etc).

I put my name and address on the top of the letter and then included a re: line that had:

- Receipt Number MSCxxx

- Full Name & DOB

- Alien Number

Be detailed in your description of the error.  (part number, page number, section number etc) and the reason for the error etc. 

Wprst case, they will send you an RFE for anything further, but at least self-initiating the correspondence will give you some peace of mind.  (It did for me - I was panicked.  Infopass also helped to calm me down) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.