5,920 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Passikintalba Nak said:

I feel you. So are we supposed to be in a relationship for 2 years before applying?  I thought you only have to establish that you met each other within the last 2 years. 

That's not true. The requirements are:

1. Be a United States Citizen Aged 18+

The U.S. petitioner must be at least 18 years old, and be able to prove he or she is a United States citizen. Green card holders are not eligible for the fiance visa. They are, however, eligible for a CR1 visa, although the process can take up to two years or longer.

2. Be Legally Free to Marry

If the petitioner was ever married before, he or she must provide proof that any such marriage has been legally terminated through death, divorce, or annulment. This is usually proven with evidence such as a death certificate or divorce decree.

3. Intend to Marry Within 90 Days

The petitioner must convince USCIS agents and consular officers that the relationship is “bona fide”, and that he or she truly intends to marry within 90 days of entry. This is to avoid fraud from scammers marrying U.S. citizens for the sole purpose of immigration.

4. Have Physically Met the Fiance Within 2 Years

The couple must prove that they have physically met in person at least once within the last 2 years. This doesn’t mean they need to know each other for 2 years, just that within the last 2 years, they have met. Skype doesn’t count.

Two Exceptions Requiring Waiver:

5. Meet the Income Requirement

Some visas count on the alien’s financial ability. The K1 visa counts on the U.S. petitioner’s financial ability. They must meet the minimum income requirements, or use alternatives to meet the requirement.

Options If You Don’t Meet the Requirement

NOTE: The income requirement is one of the most common reasons for denial. You need to prove you qualify through documents like tax returns and pay stubs.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

3 minutes ago, Passikintalba Nak said:

I feel you. So are we supposed to be in a relationship for 2 years before applying?  I thought you only have to establish that you met each other within the last 2 years. 

Exactly this is what I'm confused about because I sent them all the proof from those 2 visits but they are saying that this still does not not prove I met him working 2 years preceding the filing of the application 🤔

1 minute ago, Chaud18 said:

Yeah I traveled to see him in November of 2016. That was my second time seeing him. I traveled there August 2016 and November 2016. And I filed in February.

Someone else had the same issue as you earlier today. Just sounds like you are both dealing with a pain in the ### adjudicator. It makes no sense. I'm actually concerned about my own petition as I didn't submit much more than that. We have chat logs and emails too. Hopefully enough.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

That's not true. The requirements are:

1. Be a United States Citizen Aged 18+

The U.S. petitioner must be at least 18 years old, and be able to prove he or she is a United States citizen. Green card holders are not eligible for the fiance visa. They are, however, eligible for a CR1 visa, although the process can take up to two years or longer.

2. Be Legally Free to Marry

If the petitioner was ever married before, he or she must provide proof that any such marriage has been legally terminated through death, divorce, or annulment. This is usually proven with evidence such as a death certificate or divorce decree.

3. Intend to Marry Within 90 Days

The petitioner must convince USCIS agents and consular officers that the relationship is “bona fide”, and that he or she truly intends to marry within 90 days of entry. This is to avoid fraud from scammers marrying U.S. citizens for the sole purpose of immigration.

4. Have Physically Met the Fiance Within 2 Years

The couple must prove that they have physically met in person at least once within the last 2 years. This doesn’t mean they need to know each other for 2 years, just that within the last 2 years, they have met. Skype doesn’t count.

Two Exceptions Requiring Waiver:

5. Meet the Income Requirement

Some visas count on the alien’s financial ability. The K1 visa counts on the U.S. petitioner’s financial ability. They must meet the minimum income requirements, or use alternatives to meet the requirement.

Options If You Don’t Meet the Requirement

NOTE: The income requirement is one of the most common reasons for denial. You need to prove you qualify through documents like tax returns and pay stubs.

That exactly what I thought. But the RFE  they received asked them to establish 2 years of relationship before applying if I  understood well

3 minutes ago, Passikintalba Nak said:

That exactly what I thought. But the RFE  they received asked them to establish 2 years of relationship before applying if I  understood well

It was just poorly worded. They were trying to say that they need to prove they met in the last two years, which they did prove, from the sounds of it. Just a Barney Fife over there it sounds like. Making an already hell experience worse. Worthless human being on that USCIS team it seems. 

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

It was just poorly worded. They were trying to say that they need to prove they met in the last two years, which they did prove, from the sounds of it. Just a Barney Fife over there it sounds like. Making an already hell experience worse. Worthless human being on that USCIS team it seems. 

Got it! Well i guess we just have to deal with that. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chaud18 said:

So do I just resend everything I sent in the first time ? Because I already sent all the proof they are asking for . I don't want to get denied though.

I would recommend that you call USCIS and ask to talk to an officer if possible. If you are lucky enough to get an officer ask him what exactly they need and explained your concern. Hope this helps.

12 minutes ago, Passikintalba Nak said:

I would recommend that you call USCIS and ask to talk to an officer if possible. If you are lucky enough to get an officer ask him what exactly they need and explained your concern. Hope this helps.

Okay thanks so much. I was planning on calling Monday morning.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

All of these senseless RFEs are starting to make me nervous. I really feel as though I sent sufficient evidence, but so did some of these VJ people! Seems like some USCIS officials are being unreasonable... unless they were directed to look at cases with more scrutiny?? Am I right in thinking that there are a lot of RFEs all of a sudden??

btw, NOA1 6-Feb here... still no NOA2... :( We are hoping for a fall wedding...

are you from Texas too? we planed to have a fall wedding in Houston too. but we are still waiting for NOA2...really worry about it now

1 hour ago, Chaud18 said:

Okay thanks so much. I was planning on calling Monday morning.

I think I would try to call too. Other than that, if you have more pictures, chat logs, call logs, etc, I would definitely send everything you have. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here though.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I have read that if you reach Tier 2 your Petition is approved sometimes the same week. On May 30, I called and spoke with Tier 2. Both agents were very polite and cordial to me.

I just went to the mailbox. There was a USCIS letter. Quickly ripping it open, we were approved on May 30. The same day I called Tier 2. I just called Wendy on Video. All I could do is cry and 4 months of emotions have taken their toll. The look on Wendy's face when I was able to share the good news was Priceless!

God Bless You All! EVERYONE, we thank you for all the support you are and will continue to be. 

TriloByte, "brother"! Everyone on this forum meets with someone who touches them differently than the other members. I PRAY, soon your wait is over. Through your painful journey, you have been a source of strength and encouragement to me!

GRACIAS 

ohhh I'm so happy for you!!!! congrates!!!!! your case also gives me hope too😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kamikazi718 said:

Does anyone know how to do the scans? 

If you simply look in the App Store, USCIS Tracker, there are several apps. My NOA2 is not showing in the Scan or USCIS website! 

I do not know if true, but I read that if you can reach Tier 2, your approval comes ins week. I know only circumstantial evidence, but worked for us. 

I detailed my experience with Tier 2 on this discussion group. I really hope this helps. I am a timid person. Hopefully my detailed story helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Passikintalba Nak said:

Try very hard to reach Tier 2. I think is always your best aid!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.