Alen mourtada

I 130 extended review, now two petitions (merged)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi.

My wife's i 130 was returned from the American embassy in Lebanon beirut and it is currently at uscis under extended review .It has been there for more than 6 months now.i filed her papers in 2014 and i do not know what to do anymore.is there a way to contact the officer handling my case?any advise?will it help if my wife gets pregnant? Maybe send more photos of us?...i am a citizen born in the NY.

Thanks

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from  CR-1 to AP forum ****

The pregnancy won't help. Why was the case returned? What issues did they concentrate on at interview?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

The interview officer said that our marriage was not certified although i sent a certified  one along with the rest of documents to uscis where it was approved and forwarded to the embassy in beirut.

Timeline

After my wife's case was returned back to uscis ,the american embassy in lebanon requested  that we apply again.so we  did.and now the second case is on hold  because the first one is still under extended review for more than 6 months. Should i withdraw anyone of these ppetitions?does anyone know how long does the extended review usually take?an estimate?my first case was Filed in 2014 .its been 3 years. ..and we do not live in the same country. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There was little point starting a new petition while the other one was still being processed; yes, you should have withdrawn the first one before or at the same time you sent the second one. You can still try and do that now, though it sounds like confusion has already been caused.

The best thing you can do for your chances of success is spend time together.  Face time is really, really important to get approved.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It usually take 12 - 18 months for cases to be reviewed.  If you get a NOID/NOIR that usually takes another 3-4 months if reaffirmed, then wait again for another interview.  Good luck.

Timeline

Thanks for the answer.do you think that if i withdraw my first petition ,they will start working on the second one which has been filed a while ago?because it seems faster if i do the six steps again and send my documents again.and this time i can and will send them a big box loaded with all the evidences they need.and how sure are you of the extended review time frame if you dont mind me asking...many thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well our petition was sent back March 2015.  It was finally received by USCIS  July 2015.  We finally got the NOIR Aug 2016.  We  had 30 days to send a rebuttal of the reasons it was sent back.  It was reaffirmed  Oct 2016 and was finally sent back to the Moroccan embassy in Dec. 2016.  We finally have an another interview scheduled for April 2017.  I have talked to many people in this process. I don't know anyone that heard anything before 1 yr.  All the others said to stick to this process since we don't know the reasons for it being sent back. I really don't know the right answer for that.  You can contact or Senator and have them look into it for you.  I did do that.  They were also told to wait 1 yr.  After the year was up the senator emailed a couple times until it was finally sent.  Good luck in what ever way you decide to proceed.  

Timeline

Thanks for your answers and for your time.i hope everything goes well in your interview.im going to info pass in a couple of days and i will have to make a decision on how to proceed.

Wish you all the best.

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.