Derwood

I-751 February 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,898 posts in this topic

Just now, implife said:

Why wouldn't it?

because by the time its your turn to adjudicate 751 they see you filed n400 and send your file to local office. At local office you going in line with other ppl who applied to n 400 and if the office is large (like mine where n400 proceeding time is 13 mo) then its a set up for extended wait 

I prefer to have my card sooner so i dont have to explain everyone a stamp while travelling and then file n 400 without any headache of when it would be over rather then extend my wait but get closer to citizenship 

there is no bad and good choice, its a personal comfort what matters 

9 minutes ago, Scazy said:

because by the time its your turn to adjudicate 751 they see you filed n400 and send your file to local office. At local office you going in line with other ppl who applied to n 400 and if the office is large (like mine where n400 proceeding time is 13 mo) then its a set up for extended wait 

I prefer to have my card sooner so i dont have to explain everyone a stamp while travelling and then file n 400 without any headache of when it would be over rather then extend my wait but get closer to citizenship 

there is no bad and good choice, its a personal comfort what matters 

Interesting observation, considering recent ROC case en mass transfer to local offices.

Edited by implife

3 minutes ago, implife said:

Interesting observation, considering recent ROC case en mass transfer to local offices.

Well mass transfer looks like a mass glitch. Reported approved member got approval from different cervice center and NOT local office. And even so, the n 400 line is not going nowhere. If you go to JuLy August 2016 threads youll see a major tendecy of people who filed combo getting delays, which is totally logical. 

Minneapolis is probably the longest wait time for N400 in the country because we have more immigrants than anywhere else.
 But anyways by applying for N400 while having a pending ROC you're basically forcing a ROC interview for yourself which in turn turns up the risk for your continuing residency.

But if you pass the combo interview and fail the citizenship test then you still maintain your residency and get your 10 year GC right?

Has anyone on VJ ever failed citizenship test and then got 10 year card after?

Has anyone on VJ ever had a ROC running concurrently with a N400 and the ROC has been approved first and resident received card?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

I found someone's time line from  2010 who had both running concurrently and she/he had ROC adjudicated 6 months before citizenship. I wonder if that's still possible. Otherwise would it look shady if we withdrew the n400?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=61471

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
27 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

I found someone's time line from  2010 who had both running concurrently and she/he had ROC adjudicated 6 months before citizenship. I wonder if that's still possible. Otherwise would it look shady if we withdrew the n400?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=61471

I don't know whether  that's possible but it seems the current trend is having a combo interview for both.  In cases where the IO hasn't had a chance to go through the ROC file, according to various posts on this forum,  it seems like those who pass the N400 interview and test are being told "a decision cannot be made".

AOS from F1

11/13/2014: Concurrent filing of forms I-130, I-485, and I-765 at Chicago Lockbox

11/18/2014: NOA 1

12/11/2014: Biometric Appointment

01/16/2015: NOA 2

02/27/2015: Employment Authorization Card Received

02/27/2015: Interview

03/09/2015: Green Card Received

1 hour ago, corvusheart said:

Minneapolis is probably the longest wait time for N400 in the country because we have more immigrants than anywhere else.
 But anyways by applying for N400 while having a pending ROC you're basically forcing a ROC interview for yourself which in turn turns up the risk for your continuing residency.

Based on timeline of July, August fillers, I mean majority of them, you not forcing any ROC interview to happen any sooner, rather than waiting in n400 line and having an interview for both. Its a tricky question. Here and there we see exceptions and ppl who indeed got it faster, but statistics says that's not a case for the most. Also I believe each local offices handles combo diffently. 

One thing for sure: I think you should not worry even for a second that you might loose your residency by doing so, this is totally not true. In order to fail citizenship you need to fail proving your marriage is bona ride, and even if so, citizenship will just gets denied. You not loosing residency until a JUDGE said so, even if your 751 is denied. 

Edited by Scazy

18 minutes ago, Scazy said:

Based on timeline of July, August fillers, I mean majority of them, you not forcing any ROC interview to happen any sooner, rather than waiting in n400 line and having an interview for both. Its a tricky question. Here and there we see exceptions and ppl who indeed got it faster, but statistics says that's not a case for the most. Also I believe each local offices handles combo diffently. 

One thing for sure: I think you should not worry even for a second that you might loose your residency by doing so, this is totally not true. In order to fail citizenship you need to fail proving your marriage is bona ride, and even if so, citizenship will just gets denied. You not loosing residency until a JUDGE said so, even if your 751 is denied. 

I'm not worried about the interview it's easy to see we are legit I'm just worried about him failing the citizenship civics test and how that will effect a pending ROC?

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

8 hours ago, shell20 said:

Try after mid night or very early in the morning.  They only do two weeks ahead and from what youre saying it sounds like those appointments are already taken. If trying after midnight or very early in the morning doesnt work then refresh every half an hour or try to get an appointment at another field office in close proximity to you. 

That is genius! Thank you! :D

22 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

I'm not worried about the interview it's easy to see we are legit I'm just worried about him failing the citizenship civics test and how that will effect a pending ROC?

Have you seen a test? It's super hard to fail honestly.

if he fails test then citizenship might be simply denied, no effect on Roc whatsoever. But again, failing n400 test is close to impossible if person have a basic skills for preparing for a high Schcool test 

6 minutes ago, Scazy said:

Have you seen a test? It's super hard to fail honestly.

if he fails test then citizenship might be simply denied, no effect on Roc whatsoever. But again, failing n400 test is close to impossible if person have a basic skills for preparing for a high Schcool test 

We purchased a study guide so we know whats on it. He's bad with tests but is starting to study now.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline

Who wants to bet that in the next 3days or so a ton of people will recieve interview notices in the mail? And perhaps a couple of rfe or even approvals but only a couple. I have at least 4 or more solid reasons why am saying that. One is that when every body goes to myaccount@uscis and signs in they all see that within excatly amonth from date when case recieved if you dont recieve the notice we mailed  you should inquire, what does that tell you?, oh and tecarrol who got approved said something different, march 1 approval. So what am saying is they all were sent a notice, it doesnt show approval, same as it shows when i checked my case, difference is my lawyers office recieved interview notice because his office is a 100 yard from local office, i still havent recieved my copy. 

2 minutes ago, Dourdodo said:

Who wants to bet that in the next 3days or so a ton of people will recieve interview notices in the mail? And perhaps a couple of rfe or even approvals but only a couple. I have at least 4 or more solid reasons why am saying that. One is that when every body goes to myaccount@uscis and signs in they all see that within excatly amonth from date when case recieved if you dont recieve the notice we mailed  you should inquire, what does that tell you?, oh and tecarrol who got approved said something different, march 1 approval. So what am saying is they all were sent a notice, it doesnt show approval, same as it shows when i checked my case, difference is my lawyers office recieved interview notice because his office is a 100 yard from local office, i still havent recieved my copy. 

You are entitled to believe that, I believe the opposite a couple of interviews, a few rfe's, however I will stand by what I said, I believe the majority of these cases will be approvals. No it doesn't show approvals, youre right, it shows that they MAY have been transferred, it still could be a computer glitch.  Time will tell and USCIS like to let time to pass by as we all know.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.