Derwood

I-751 February 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,898 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Haji delco said:

If you're worried about the N400 interview if the i751 is adjudicated successfully and the n400 is failed/pending you can always get a i551 stamp as you are a permanent resident. 

The card is just so much better when it comes to traveling and switching jobs. FYI I'm the USC spouse it's my husband whose the LPR.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, corvusheart said:

Yes submitted a week ago.

Good luck and I am pretty positive you would be done in few months. You made a good decision by filing for naturalization because this way you will save some time in the end. I will be filing in less than 2 weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 minute ago, corvusheart said:

The card is just so much better when it comes to traveling and switching jobs. FYI I'm the USC spouse it's my husband whose the LPR.

Oh right well i guess the info will work for your spouse then. But yeah i agree with you, the actual card is 100x better. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Good luck and I am pretty positive you would be done in few months. You made a good decision by filing for naturalization because this way you will save some time in the end. I will be filing in less than 2 weeks. 

I agree with the decision to file as some of our fellow members questioned the need to apply when the ROC is pending because its a waste of money. I don't agree with them as even if the ROC is adjudicated / not we will still have to pay for the N400 filing fees. And knowing filing for N400 pushes them to adjudicate the i751 it can only be good. 

55 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

I'm talking about failing the citizenship test. If failing the citizenship test means you fail ROC then it's not worth filing N-400 till after ROC had been adjudicated.

From what I have read, Naturalization and ROC can be revoked because the grounds for denial usually can overlap for ROC as well. Apologies if that is wrong info but that is what I have read on here somewhere.

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Has anyone actually been denied for filing the N400 while ROC was pending? Someone mentioned that Phoenix nearly denied their N400 for that reason. And I see that some people don't want to file N400 until the ROC is approved. I'm just wondering if there was really anyone who ran into a denial issue in this scenario. 

2 minutes ago, LTGermany said:

Has anyone actually been denied for filing the N400 while ROC was pending? Someone mentioned that Phoenix nearly denied their N400 for that reason. And I see that some people don't want to file N400 until the ROC is approved. I'm just wondering if there was really anyone who ran into a denial issue in this scenario. 

Good question! I would love to hear about that as well. Though I can only see them postpone adjudication but not denial on grounds of unprocessed ROC .

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

6 minutes ago, CoffeeVegan said:

From what I have read, Naturalization and ROC can be revoked because the grounds for denial usually can overlap for ROC as well. Apologies if that is wrong info but that is what I have read on here somewhere.

I personally have knowledge of many applicants that lost their resident status because they failed the combo interview. That does not necessarily mean others will suffer the same fate as thousands of others have been successful with it.

4 minutes ago, AY777 said:

I personally have knowledge of many applicants that lost their resident status because they failed the combo interview. That does not necessarily mean others will suffer the same fate as thousands of others have been successful with it.

Ok this scares me now. Maybe we should of held off on the N-400. I don't want my husband to get deported because he failed the citizenship test.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

4 minutes ago, AY777 said:

Ok yes that is a different situation than what I was asking and that makes sense if you fail the N400 interview. I will try to be more clear. Some people said that they are afraid to file N400 because they think the local office will immediately deny the case when they see 751 is still pending. One person wrote recently that their office in Phoenix nearly did this before figuring out they could process both simultaneously. This would be before you get to an interview. 

6 minutes ago, AY777 said:

They failed the interview or the citizenship test?

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Just now, corvusheart said:

They failed the interview or the citizenship test?

The interview not the citizenship test. 

I wish there was a way we could cancel the N-400 now. Risking deportation because of a failed citizenship test doesn't seem worth it. :(

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

2 minutes ago, LTGermany said:

Ok yes that is a different situation than what I was asking and that makes sense if you fail the N400 interview. I will try to be more clear. Some people said that they are afraid to file N400 because they think the local office will immediately deny the case when they see 751 is still pending. One person wrote recently that their office in Phoenix nearly did this before figuring out they could process both simultaneously. This would be before you get to an interview. 

They cannot deny your N400 application simply because your ROC is pending. NO!!! They will first adjudicate the I-751 before moving on to the N400

20 minutes ago, Haji delco said:

I agree with the decision to file as some of our fellow members questioned the need to apply when the ROC is pending because its a waste of money. I don't agree with them as even if the ROC is adjudicated / not we will still have to pay for the N400 filing fees. And knowing filing for N400 pushes them to adjudicate the i751 it can only be good. 

Who said it pushes them to adjudicate i751? this is SO wrong. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.