Derwood

I-751 February 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,898 posts in this topic

On 5/26/2017 at 5:29 PM, Camtor said:

Cool, that is exactly what I thought you meant. Yeah our window will open in February as well, i believe. Thanks for the links!

Any time! :)

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

On 5/26/2017 at 6:50 PM, Elly76 said:

So sorry that happened :(... normally immigration is a headache, just can't imagine anything like this. Glad it's all sorted now. And thank you for replying.

Youre very welcome. :)

Went to DMV to renew my driving license with expired GC and NOA thinking that my license would be extended for 1 year. The lady there pulled up some information and then told me that my driver license would be extended for 4 years (which is the maximum limit) since there is no restriction on my residency status now.

Has anyone else renewed their license since receiving NOA? Is this standard practice? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Ambiab said:

Went to DMV to renew my driving license with expired GC and NOA thinking that my license would be extended for 1 year. The lady there pulled up some information and then told me that my driver license would be extended for 4 years (which is the maximum limit) since there is no restriction on my residency status now.

Has anyone else renewed their license since receiving NOA? Is this standard practice? 

Yes. Mine was extended 4 years as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No updates here... other than I received my 2nd Jury Duty summons haha. If only they send me approvals as quickly as they try and summon me to jury duty. I'd be happy to do jury duty, but not a citizen... yet. 

AOS

July 05 - AOS package sent

July 14 - NOA 1

July 25 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

July 28 - Walk in Biometrics successful

Aug 27 - Request for Expedite on EAD (Job Offer)

Sept 12 - EAD approved and in production

Sept 12 - AP is approved but USCIS status is in 'Post Decision Activity'

Sept 18 - EAD marked as mailed

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 07 - GC in production

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

Feb 25 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 10 - N400 Application

April 29 - Biometrics

January 29 - Combo Interview / Recommendation for Approval 

February 20 - Oath Ceremony - NATURALIZED 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LovingAdiguns said:

No updates for us either.

We are half way through, well nearly if its taking up to a year.  I have no idea why it would take that long when a year or so ago it was taking around 5 months.  Although it does seem Vermont has caught up to California although that's nothing to brag about when its still taking a year.  I have the biggest gripe about the fees, if they want to put them up as they did in December then at least make sure its a faster service. 

4 hours ago, StewandKeba said:

I don't understand why it is taking so long either. Had bio done in March and then no word.

And you wont unless you are one of the rare cases that is called for interview.  In fact doubt your status will update at until Jan/Feb.  Although there is always hope they may catch up.

I read a persons comments on VJ which stated that  CSC are going to be approving cases left, right and centre starting in July. When asked the source of this information they weren't at liberty to say, so I don't know if this will happen and if the source is accurate.  I guess time will tell.

Edited by shell20

16 hours ago, shell20 said:

And you wont unless you are one of the rare cases that is called for interview.  In fact doubt your status will update at until Jan/Feb.  Although there is always hope they may catch up.

I read a persons comments on VJ which stated that  CSC are going to be approving cases left, right and centre starting in July. When asked the source of this information they weren't at liberty to say, so I don't know if this will happen and if the source is accurate.  I guess time will tell.

Fingers crossed on the above but not holding my breath.

Edited by Mountain Climber

1 hour ago, Mountain Climber said:

Fingers crossed on the above but not holding my breath.

No I wouldn't!  Big sigh and the wait continues.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, shell20 said:

We are half way through, well nearly if its taking up to a year.  I have no idea why it would take that long when a year or so ago it was taking around 5 months.  Although it does seem Vermont has caught up to California although that's nothing to brag about when its still taking a year.  I have the biggest gripe about the fees, if they want to put them up as they did in December then at least make sure its a faster service. 

I agree it isn't fair to have to wait for so long.

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.